Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oregon woman plans to parade topless on July 4

Oregon woman plans to parade topless on July 4

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=333&sid=3557357

"A woman seen frequently in Ashland riding topless on her bicycle says she plans to be in Ashland's Fourth of July parade free and independent of all clothing but a hemp G-string. The Chamber of Commerce says that's contrary to the rules for the family celebration. She says she'll sue if she can't parade as she wishes.

Jen Moss has been known as "The Naked Lady" since she moved to Ashland in May from Ojai, Calif., drawn by the town's nudity laws. They specify only that people must cover their genitalia in a city park or the downtown commercial district, which means Moss need not cover her breasts.

The police in California, she says, harassed her when she rode her bicycle wearing a G-string and pasties.

Moss applied for an entry for the parade, which draws thousands each year.

The Ashland Chamber of Commerce learned of her coverage plans from an online posting. She promised to lead in-line skaters "wearing only a hemp G-string and blowing a conch shell."

"We don't feel that someone in the parade who is topless or nearly naked is appropriate for a family audience," said parade chairman James Kidd.

He said a letter was sent to Moss on Monday and wouldn't speak specifically about the chamber's position until he was certain that she had received the letter.

Kidd did say that parade rules clearly indicate that entries must be appropriate for a family audience. He also said he understood that the Ashland city ordinance allows women to be topless.

"She's welcome on any other day of the year to do that," he said. "But not on the Fourth of July while in the parade."

City Council member Eric Navickas said he's on Moss's side.

If she can't be in the parade, Navickas said, it would be "an interesting commentary on our society that we're willing to tolerate dead bodies through our aggressive foreign policy from the war, but not healthy, naked bodies."

Moss told the Ashland Daily Tidings in an e-mail that if she can't be nearly naked in the parade, she would "run around near naked protesting their unconstitutional(ism) and un-Americanism." And she said, she would ask the American Civil Liberties Union for help in a lawsuit."

If she can't be in the parade, Navickas said, it would be "an interesting commentary on our society that we're willing to tolerate dead bodies through our aggressive foreign policy from the war, but not healthy, naked bodies."
    oh BROTHER... another anti war GOON. Do we tolerate dead bodies in the parade? loser.

Besides, the woman is probably ugly as hell.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I was once told that the funny thing about chesticles si that once you see one pair, you want to see em all.
    My dad lives up that way, Ill ask him to attend and take pics, then we can know if she should be allowed to go in a parade half naked, or should be banned to the house unless dressed in a weather balloon.
    I will be in Tooele, sweltering in the sun on a street with no trees to see my kid in a parade. Im better off than the bride though, she has to walk the entire parade along side the float my son will be on

Let me clarify the anti war goon comment.

Some people are goons, like this lady, some are anti war (like most people), and some are anti war goons, like the council member.

What makes an anti war goon (besides getting hung up on Al Gore losing the election)? It's taking any subject, like a naked bike ride, and turning it into your hatred of the war.

If you make people ask "Where the hell did that come from?", then you are an anti war goon.

Stalker!!!!!

Iv seen better looking girls naked, but thought Id check her out, just cos well, if some woman is gonna get naked, Im gonna take a peek.
    Let me save everyone with this attitude some trouble, in that entire 5 minutes of video, she never shows the goods.

And, shlingdawg, is right, she is out there.

Did anyone else hear the Twilight Zone theme while watching all or part of her video?

I watched it for the potential of nudity, too, but stopped it when I saw the pasties and mesh covering. I'm glad she left CA and now resides in OR!
    "The ACA is a non-profit organization..."
    - Rich Carlson, the ACA's founder/president/director/self-appointed king

"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."
    - Mark Twain

I didnt hear the twilight zone theme, I heard the looney tunes theme and visions of daffy duck danced in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by skianddive
    Did anyone else hear the Twilight Zone theme while watching all or part of her video?

I watched it for the potential of nudity, too, but stopped it when I saw the pasties and mesh covering. I'm glad she left CA and now resides in OR!
    Yeah, once I saw the pasties and the bottom and then she said that its everyone else who is the problem... That's when I stopped it. She's just another of these Kalifornia wack jobs who thinks that because somebody did it 200 years ago.

Oregon...home of those too crazy for California.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

I have no problem with my kid seeing a little boobage. Like was mentioned before, most nudists you really don't want to see nekid. And when I went to Greece everyone is topless, no big deal, yo. It kinda nice actually. We Americans should lighten up IMO.

Course my parents were hippies, and at the lake we used too.... Naw I better stop now before I (em)(bare)(ass) myself....

There are plenty of ways that kids can see nudity. They just shouldn't have to be exposed to it at a friggin parade.

Take them to a rated R movie, or bring one home to them if the "need" arises to educate them about boobs. But for the kids that want to see fireworks, floats, and eat candy, there's no need to mix it up.

I am all for lightening up, and Im all for boobage, and nudity, but that woman is out there in addition to the boobage.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    It is as american as

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    There are plenty of ways that kids can see nudity. They just shouldn't have to be exposed to it at a friggin parade.

Take them to a rated R movie, or bring one home to them if the "need" arises to educate them about boobs. But for the kids that want to see fireworks, floats, and eat candy, there's no need to mix it up.
    My kid would be pissed, well the youngest, not the two older ones.
    July 4th is his birthday, hes gonna be 5 this year, and still thinks is his parade and the fireworks are for him and is upset that other people come to watch 'his' parade.

Id be all for a adults only parade though, say in Vegas, who wants to watch my 5 year old so I can take the bride?

She is the epitome of "attention whore". I went so far as to check our her myspace page.

ATTENTION WHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blood Oil.

Sounds like a title to a DAMNED good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket
    I have no problem with my kid seeing a little boobage. Like was mentioned before, most nudists you really don't want to see nekid. And when I went to Greece everyone is topless, no big deal, yo. It kinda nice actually. We Americans should lighten up IMO.
    Wow it must be the end of the world because I agree with deathcricket completely on this. Americans are so uptight when it comes to nudity. We teach our kids to be ashamed of their bodies instead of telling them to love the skin they are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech

My favorite argument is the one

If we should be proud of our bodies, why put on deodorant or brush our teeth? Is this living in a dangerous bubble, that will one day burst on us and we won't be able to cope with life?