Thread: Riding in the 12Mile Pass / Little Moab / Eureka Area on Sat

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar

Riding in the 12Mile Pass / Little Moab / Eureka Area on Sat

Anybody wanting to do a bit of trail exploring (ATV) is welcome to join me. I plan on staging somewhere around Chimney Rock (South/West corner of Utah Lake). PM me if you want to ride along and do some exploring of side trails (and a bit of geocaching).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Man, quit tempting me! I wanted badly to come on your last trip, but I just can't justify spending that much on fuel to haul my ATV up there. One of these days my wife is going to be scratching her head wondering where I am and where all our money went.

Quote Originally Posted by Udink
    Man, quit tempting me! I wanted badly to come on your last trip, but I just can't justify spending that much on fuel to haul my ATV up there. One of these days my wife is going to be scratching her head wondering where I am and where all our money went.
    I know the feeling. With the increase in fuel/food, (etc.), we had to setup a budget just for my adventures. It just isn't like the good old days when I could head out anyday of the week and hike, climb, skydive, ATV or fish.

Bummer. Looks like I'm a couple days late and a ATV short!

Looks like you hit the east side of the East Tintic Mtns. this time, Jim. Would've been a lot of fun to join you for the ride.
    "All roads, all codes!"

It was a great ride. Departed just south of Saratoga Springs and rode all the way into Eureka (again) for fuel and soda.

SPOT didn't send notifications of my arrival in/around Eureka oddly.

A few memorable events from this ride:

- I ran over at least 5 very large rattle snakes first thing in the morning; the largest being just under 8' in length.
    - I was on the receiving end of two ricocheting 9mm rounds, one hitting me in the left thigh and the other into my machine. I was able to find the projectiles and confront the idiots shooting across/near the trail.
    - I discovered an awesome side trail that took me further west and through some awesome flower-covered, tree-lined terrain. In that location, I found a concrete shack (in the middle of nowhere) and placed a geocache.

By 3:00pm, it was getting pretty hot and I started the return loop back to my vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce
    I was on the receiving end of two ricocheting 9mm rounds, one hitting me in the left thigh and the other into my machine. I was able to find the projectiles and confront the idiots shooting across/near the trail. .
    Morons! Didn't we encounter some dumbasses shooting across the trail when we were out on the ATV Scramble? I thought I saw some guys all decked out in camo near some tents, and I swore one of 'em had an assault rifle in hand as we scooted past them.
    "All roads, all codes!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman70
    I was on the receiving end of two ricocheting 9mm rounds, one hitting me in the left thigh and the other into my machine. I was able to find the projectiles and confront the idiots shooting across/near the trail. .
    Morons! Didn't we encounter some dumbasses shooting across the trail when we were out on the ATV Scramble? I thought I saw some guys all decked out in camo near some tents, and I swore one of 'em had an assault rifle in hand as we scooted past them.
    We sure did. They were literally standing 5 feet off the trail with high powered rifles, shooting across and over the trail. I'm sure glad there was plenty of open space for them to see us coming. Just enough reason that I never ride without a side arm; these days you just never know when you'll have to return fire!

Yeah. Just mount a 50 cal. on the front of your rig and you're set!
    "All roads, all codes!"

- I ran over at least 5 very large rattle snakes first thing in the morning; the largest being just under 8' in length.
    - I was on the receiving end of two ricocheting 9mm rounds, one hitting me in the left thigh and the other into my machine. I was able to find the projectiles and confront the idiots shooting across/near the trail.
    Damn that sounds quite entertaining.