Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '08 Zion Noobfest - Don and Josh at Noobfest TR

That is some good rational and I think being cautious is healthy. I think I'm too stupid to think that hard and a bit of a "closet" show off, like most men. As was obvious while trying to slide down the rock on a rock and scrambling not to get hit in the head with the rock. But fun was had and I would probably try it again, but with a bigger rock!
    Stop checking my spelling! I know I suck but I amn't in school anymor, so back off.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by chabidiah
    That is some good rational and I think being cautious is healthy. I think I'm too stupid to think that hard and a bit of a "closet" show off, like most men. As was obvious while trying to slide down the rock on a rock and scrambling not to get hit in the head with the rock. But fun was had and I would probably try it again, but with a bigger rock!
    Still wish I had video of you running down that slope looking back over your shoulder to see if the rock was still chasing you. Classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Quote Originally Posted by chabidiah
    Still wish I had video of you running down that slope looking back over your shoulder to see if the rock was still chasing you. Classic!
    That was awesome.
    The man thong is wrong.

Rookie
    I am new at this computer stuff. Maybe some one can explain to me what to do after I copy and paste a previous staement example Jaxx said... or Chabidiad said... to make it come out in some order.
    That would really help this newbie become a better communicator or a wiser ass!

The rock was fantastic maybe bigger with much more sand is the key.
    "All we are is a result of what we have thought"

You can use the "quote" button in the upper right hand corner of the message of the person you want to quote, but that will quote their whole message. If you want to quote just part of their message you can copy and paste and then put
    at the beginning and
    at the end of the part you're quoting.
    OR, while writing your message there are buttons above the field where you are typing click the Quote button and it will put
    in the message field for you. then paste the message, then hit the Quote button again and it will write
    for you.
    If that's confusing call me.

Rookie
    You can use the "quote" button in the upper right hand corner of the message of the person you want to quote, but that will quote their whole message. If you want to quote just part of their message you can copy and paste and then put
    at the beginning and
    at the end of the part you're quoting.
    Thanks alot now I can really start having some fun!

Now, if you want the name of the person your quoting in there it has to say
    Quote Originally Posted by josh
    (or whoever it is you're quoting and those quotation marks around the name need to be there) at the beginning of the quote. Then
    the end like before.

Also it's known as stealing or hijacking a thread (and is considered rude by some) to completely change the subject of a thread and we have totally stolen our own damn trip report here.

good to know someone's keepin' order around these parts

Rookie
    Also it's known as stealing or hijacking a thread (and is considered rude by some) to completely change the subject of a thread and we have totally stolen our own damn trip report here.

Time to get back on track. I wonder if Yankee Doddle was suppose to have bolts? It really did make that rap much easier than I would of liked.

Part of the fun is finding the natural anchors. :?

Time to get back on track. I wonder if Yankee Doddle was suppose to have bolts? It really did make that rap much easier than I would of liked.

I completely agree.
    There were plenty of options there for natural anchors. I have not been involved in the bolt or no bolt arguments here in the past as I have little experience with the subject and have not really formed an opinion.
    In that particular location though bolts are a damn shame.

Rookie

I completely agree.
    There were plenty of options there for natural anchors. I have not been involved in the bolt or no bolt arguments here in the past as I have little experience with the subject and have not really formed an opinion.
    I think the tree that was above the bolts to the west would be a great entrance. I think bolts do not need to be there. You end up retreiving your rope at the end of the day all it takes is few seconds to remove webbing and then the canyon is back to normal.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

I completely agree.
    I think the tree that was above the bolts to the west would be a great entrance. I think bolts do not need to be there. You end up retreiving your rope at the end of the day all it takes is few seconds to remove webbing and then the canyon is back to normal.
    That was how it was done. You could leave your rope tied around the tree and walk back to get it when done with the canyon.

Bogley BigShot
    Great Stuff

Yeah, I'm guessing the bolts were put there by a Guiding company. Looking for convenience, I'd guess. I met a group from Paragon guiding some folks down through there yesterday. Nice folks. They bring the people down, and then hike them out the north side canyon. One guide climbs out to go get the truck while the other walks the clients out. It's a great canyon for that, for sure.

As for the bolts, they are pretty well hidden from sight though; I think they did a good job keeping them inconspicuous. You can definitely just ignore them and do the canyon au natural (I did...)

Later,
    A.J.

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner

I completely agree.
    That was how it was done. You could leave your rope tied around the tree and walk back to get it when done with the canyon.