Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snakes

Snakes

I grabbed these from a post in SummitPost.

These were taken by somebody in the Santa Fe Search and Rescue near Rancho Viejo west of
    Santa Fe Community College.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

wow I'd hate to step into that

Those are so cool.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Re: Snakes

[quote="Mtnman1830"]I grabbed these from a post in SummitPost.

Maybe Im strange, but I'd LOVE to come across something like this!
    I've never in my life run into more than one snake at a time.
    Coming across a den would be AWESOME!

Way Cool!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

I once had a guy on a tractor clearing some property for me. He must have uncovered a bed of snakes, because soon they were crawling all around me. They weren't rattlers though, so no problem. They soon found their way out of sight.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

So it's not just me? That's a LOT of snakes, right?

Dont we love the Internet...

According to this site

http://www.ktakradio.com/photos/galleries/

these were taken in Riverton WY

Goooooooo Internet
    "You can judge the character of a man by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him"

Don't mind snakes at all

Re: Snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    I grabbed these from a post in SummitPost.

These were taken by somebody in the Santa Fe Search and Rescue near Rancho Viejo west of
    Santa Fe Community College.

Santa fe eh?
    GOt some proof thats where it originated?
    Not hat I doubt you, but someone I know emailed them to me, claiming to have taken them over memorial day weekend here in utah. I would LOVE to shit on their parade

I know for a fact they were taken on Mothers day..... the question is where and from everything i can tell it is Riverton WY
    "You can judge the character of a man by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him"

Well I know that I COULD take anyone that wanted to see that shit on a drive in tooele county, and with a 50 yard walk, lead them to a den. even in late summer Iv seen it full of them, hanging from the sage brush, all over the rocks, laying in the sun and Iv seen them in that same place, every year, for the last 12 years or so.
    Not to far form that den they recently put in a new subdivision, a couple hundred houses. only a small mountain, more of a wide hill, separates those houses from the den I wandered into one spring many years ago while blasting bunnys one hot ass evening.
    Told a few people about it, one of those people were arrested not a week later. His PO stopped by to check in on him, while talking on the porch kicked a 5 gallon bucket he had tied to the roof supports. when it rattled they looked in it, found 7 baby rattle snakes he had gone out and caught. Right back to prison for him.
    I have not shared where that den is with anyone since then, aside form my wife, and thats only because she likes to sometimes go walking by herself when I cant go with, I told her and showed her to keep her the hell away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8grvty
    Well I know that I COULD take anyone that wanted to see that shit on a drive in tooele county, and with a 50 yard walk, lead them to a den. even in late summer Iv seen it full of them, hanging from the sage brush, all over the rocks, laying in the sun and Iv seen them in that same place, every year, for the last 12 years or so.
    Not to far form that den they recently put in a new subdivision, a couple hundred houses. only a small mountain, more of a wide hill, separates those houses from the den I wandered into one spring many years ago while blasting bunnys one hot ass evening.
    Told a few people about it, one of those people were arrested not a week later. His PO stopped by to check in on him, while talking on the porch kicked a 5 gallon bucket he had tied to the roof supports. when it rattled they looked in it, found 7 baby rattle snakes he had gone out and caught. Right back to prison for him.
    I have not shared where that den is with anyone since then, aside form my wife, and thats only because she likes to sometimes go walking by herself when I cant go with, I told her and showed her to keep her the hell away from it.
    I didn't know they hung out in big groups like that. That's cool! I'd love to see that sometime. I will let you meet my PO first so you know I'm trustworthy then will you take me out sometime?

I didnt even know he was on Parole!
    he lived next door to my then inlaws, I told my then father in law about it and where, he told him.
    In fact I think I was in that area and my brother in law showed it to me since we were only a couple hundred yards off it shotting rabbits.
    I guess I dont have to take the blame after all for that dipshit finding it and catching snakes.

All my friends are officialy out of jail (this week)..... so can I go?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    So it's not just me? That's a LOT of snakes, right?

inDEED!

I came across a den of exactly 24 rattle snakes about 25 years ago while I was living in Las Vegas. My friend and I returned to the den with a 5 gallon bucket and we thought that it would be cool to bring them home. We flipped the majority of them into the bucket. I twirled the bucket around to keep them from striking as we walked home. The neighbors weren't as excited as we were of our new pets. One of our friends was bitten by one of the baby snakes. Then one of the neighbors killed all of the snakes. My dad probably would have killed me if he had returned home to see our trophy of rattle snakes. I have never come across a den of snakes again. That was one of the more dumb things that I did as a 13 year old kid.