27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tell my wife

16 59.26%
  • Don't tell my wife

11 40.74%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I Tell My Wife??

Should I Tell My Wife??

I recently got a bonus check from an old job. I want everyone's opinion on this. We are dinc's. That means dual income no children. and we only have like 5 bills, a car payment, satillite, power, gas, and rent. We make more than enough to pay these and still have a good time. She has no idea that I have this check, so should i share it, or just KEEP IT?? Answer the poll. I'm not sure how much it will be, but I know it will be upwards of $300.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

MOUNTAIN BIKE!!!!!!!!!!! Just tell her I gave it to you.

stash that cash. someday you will need money for something your spouse doesn't need to know about.

if i'm gonna get anything of value i'd have to be spending it pretty quick. Otherwise i'll end up with upwards of $300 dollars of rock star and slim jim's

Depends on your relationship, I can't keep anything from my wife....but she lets me buy whatever I want if it's reasonable and we can afford it.

what's her definition of "reasonable?"

heh, depends each month. If we can afford it and our bills paid for, dunno man, it varies for each family I guess.

We'll be cool on bills, on of my friends here at work mentioned doing a surprise for her, so maybe i'd split it, half on me and half on the surprise... But still I wanna spend it

That is a very cool idea! You will get the brownie points, which will in return should get you some nice lovin' and then you can spend some on yourself.

I personally would still tell her about the money. But it's just me, I personally don't like to keep secrets from my wife. But to each their own and you need to figure out how your family works.

Surprise idea is awesome though!

Although the idea of the slush fund is nice, I think you should tell her and plan something fun together. Use it to go on a trip, buy something fun for the fam, etc. but definitely let her be a part of the planning.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

man i'm disappointed, I thought you guys were more hardcore than this. Where is captain reckless with the good old "buy a big screen!!" or somethin?

Quote Originally Posted by proads26
    man i'm disappointed, I thought you guys were more hardcore than this. Where is captain reckless with the good old "buy a big screen!!" or somethin?
    You cant get a big screen for 300!
    Besides, if you have a good relationship with your wife, no reason to shit on her and not tell her.
    I tell mine everything, I dont keep secrets from her and she doesnt keep any from me.
    a good relationship is started on trust, if you cant trust each other then what the hell is the point of being together?
    You can think Im whipped if ya like, I prefer to think I have a good relationship with my wife.

Ha Ha I guess before I get too many people riding up on their high horse I should say that most of my comments are said with tongue planted firmly in cheek. My wife is as hott as they come and I love her more than anything, I just want a little extra cash. Maybe i'll go make it rain ha ha

After years of not stashing the cash and then regretting it when it got spent of something completely NON BENEFICIAL to me, I have to agree with fourtycal on this one...make it dissapear until you need it. You wont regret it...and you can live with the guilt of not telling your wife every little detail

yeaha this guy is feelin me!! thanks for the support

I think I like the Rockstar and Jerky idea better.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    After years of not stashing the cash and then regretting it when it got spent of something completely NON BENEFICIAL to me, I have to agree with fourtycal on this one...make it dissapear until you need it. You wont regret it...and you can live with the guilt of not telling your wife every little detail
    If its going to be stashed for later, pulled out like a miracle to save asses or get the car fixed or what ever, Im all for that, but if its going to be tossed out on crap, then Id tell my wife.

To quote my fiance, this is "momma don't know money." Of course, she and I have an agreement. Her money, after bills, is hers to do with as she sees fit and my money is mine after bills. Don't matter what I do with it so long as it's legal.

Quote Originally Posted by proads26
    yeaha this guy is feelin me!! thanks for the support
    I think this dude is either Beech/Ice or he is pulling our leg.

Dude, it's your family, your life, your wife and your money, go do what you want with it. Why ask for support from the outdoor forums? Honestly....

300 green ones ain't that much anyways.