Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '08 Zion Noobfest - Pizza Noodle

'08 Zion Noobfest - Pizza Noodle

Had a great time at the noodle, even though it took FOREVER to order food, but it was great seeing/meeting everybody.

Here's the video:

Attached Images Attached Images         

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looks like a great time.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Good times.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Bogley BigShot
    Just in case everyone did not get to see DiscGo.... he is not just the nicest guy on the net... he is the nicest guy in real life too!!!!

And he is TALL!

We were rousted at 6:30am and left quickly so no pictures, but Josh and I did end up sleeping out behind the Noodle that night.
    Even the guy who rousted us was pretty cool about it and said he was glad it worked out for us but with the sun up we must go.

Sleeping out behind the bar sure makes it easy to drink more than was planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    We were rousted at 6:30am and left quickly so no pictures, but Josh and I did end up sleeping out behind the Noodle that night.
    Even the guy who rousted us was pretty cool about it and said he was glad it worked out for us but with the sun up we must go.

I thought you guys were joking when you said you were going to sleep out back!!! FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!

Josh and I did end up sleeping out behind the Noodle that night.
    We have a winner!!!!!

Too funny!!! That story of where you slept the night before (was it behind the RV park?) was a pretty funny too!
    Hey, it was fun talking to you and Josh bout the evil twins.
    You guys were cracking me up!

Hank and I had an interesting night after leaving the PN.
    Since we planned to climb Red Butte on Sun. we went looking for a place to camp near our destination and were driving along down this dirt road (me in the lead) and all of a sudden I find myself in DEEP sand!
    I'm driving a little car that ain't made for sand and I'm tired and getting the car stuck late at night was NOT my ideal way to round off a great evening!

I couldn't stop or I'd surly get stuck, so I just kept going and the tires were spinning and digging in and I just kept going, hoping for it to end, which it did thank god!

I came to a flat hard spot where I could turn around.
    Beyond this spot was nothing but more miles of deep sand!

Hank had stopped earlier on and was able to back up.

I made it back through the sand fishtailing and tires spinning.
    Man that was a close call. Next morning we slogged through that
    stuff getting over to Red Butte and I don't know how in the heck my car made it outta there.

Anyhow, that's how I spent my time after leaving the PN!
    After that little incident, we just decided to sleep near the side of the road!

Whatever works eh?
    But unlike you guys, we didn't have to get up early!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Quote Originally Posted by Randi
    Too funny!!! That story of where you slept the night before (was it behind the RV park?) was a pretty funny too!
    We wanted to be near the park in order to pick up our Das Boot permit saturday morning so Friday night we slept in the Tanner amphitheater parking lot. It was a good spot; just up the street from the city park where we used the bathrooms to wash up a bit. It was nice and dark, no street lights and cool noisy frogs all night.
    Behind the Noodle was brighter and the neighbors air conditioner would wake me every time it turned on. Still; good times.
    Glad to hear you didn't get stuck. Would have been pretty funny if you had needed a tow out.

The dinner was too much fun. Yo and I really enjoyed talking to Bo, Randi, Hank, Don and Josh amongst others. Disgo won my wife over, too.

Did you ever see so much food consistently coming out! I thought the PN girls did a great job. Yo and I got there first and they really hooked us up with the tables, even brought us a drink while we waited!

I guess Springdale doesn't care much about where you sleep. Don and Randi both had good stories. Bet I missed a few others.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Rookie

Good times

I just want to say that it was a great experience to meet everyone at the PN. It was great conversation, good food. Glad that Don talked me into making the trip.

The hostel behind the PN is very primitive but comfy!
    "All we are is a result of what we have thought"

That was an awesome trip. Hopefully I will have time to do a TR for our group tomorrow. I didn't get to meet and talk to some people. Randi, Hank, Win, Bo, etc. Hopefully next time. It was cool meeting the people that I did though
    The man thong is wrong.

I would agree that it was cool to put some faces to names. I didn't meet very many of you but there is always next time. Also the pizza was darn good!
    Stop checking my spelling! I know I suck but I amn't in school anymor, so back off.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by chabidiah
    I would agree that it was cool to put some faces to names. I didn't meet very many of you but there is always next time. Also the pizza was darn good!

I never put your face to your id....? Which are you at the dinner?

Supper at the PN was great!!! We closed the place down!

We have got to do another get together again soon!!!

Re: Good times

Quote Originally Posted by josh
    I just want to say that it was a great experience to meet everyone at the PN. It was great conversation, good food. Glad that Don talked me into making the trip.

The hostel behind the PN is very primitive but comfy!
    Hey thanks for swapping tattoo stories. Now get yours posted in the tattoo thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia

Hey lady! Great chatting with you and John. Ever come up this way, to Colorado...you have a place to stay!

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia

Hey lady! Great chatting with you and John. Ever come up this way, to Colorado...you have a place to stay!
    I have never been to Colorado. I would have to take a route that did not pass Zion. I always stop at Zion. Maybe someday, I might make it to Bryce.