Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying Dog trail

Flying Dog trail

This is a pretty new trail. I read about it in Cycling Utah and they made it sound super fun. Anyone want to ride it sometime next week??

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wow, looks sweet! we may have to try the Lapdog loop for a Tuesday night ride. Maybe June 17th eh.

I would love to ride it next week but I am limited to evenings and weekends

I'll be out of town on the 17th (and 24th). :-(
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I've been wanting to ride this area for a long time! It has been my plan for this year to get on this trail system and I'm determined to do it more than once this summer......so, you've got a rider if'n we can ever get together

That's great! I am off work until August 20 although I'll be out of town a LOT. Now is a great time to ride there before it gets too hot (no shade)... let me know when you can make it and Im' there. Weeeeeeee!!!

I love riding in Park City!

Did that ride last summer. It is awesome and highly recommended. Can't wait to do it again.

Let's go next weekend!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Let's go next weekend!!!!!!!
    Damn! I'll have friends in town on the 14th but could give it a go on the 15th.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

I could do the 15th. Let's keep that in mind and think about a time.

Anyone else???

I would be down with spending my Father's day riding the bike. The trail looks like fun.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

Time will be tight for me. Spending Saturday night near SLC is looking less and less likely. Driving down from Logan means a 9:30-10:30AM start at the earliest and there's $30 in gas to consider as well.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Well, I'm thinking I'd like to ride by 11:00, before it gets scorching hot. I think I'll just follow the directions in Cycling Utah to the trailhead, see who might show up at 11:00 and go from there. :-)

Well, I'm thinking I'd like to ride by 11:00, before it gets scorching hot. I think I'll just follow the directions in Cycling Utah to the trailhead, see who might show up at 11:00 and go from there. :-)
    You thinking the Glenwild trailhead or Jeremy ranch? Not sure if I'll make it but will if I am in town.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    You thinking the Glenwild trailhead or Jeremy ranch? Not sure if I'll make it but will if I am in town.
    Ummm... let's see... (reading the article...) Looks like Jeremy Ranch Elementary School trailhead. I-80 to exit 143 for Jeremy Ranch. Turn right onto Rasmussen Road, and park at the elementary school. The trailhead is down the gravel road and behind the maintenance sheds.

Does that sound familiar to you? Would love to ride with you, Fourtycal!

I dont know... it's HOT today, I'm thinking 90 at 11:00 tomorrow at Kimball Junction might be too much... what do you think? I might opt for an 8:00 am road ride for 3 hours....

Definitely not going to make it today - my friend had her baby this morning - 7:30 (Happy Father's day to Ian (Mtnbiker on here)!!!! yea!!!) I'm going up there to visit and meet Annika after lunch.

Have fun!
    Karen

What a long trail

Well, the trail is long with a lot of climbing. It was warm but I needed the exercise.

Here are some photos! It was hot!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

I had a hunch it might be HOT. :-) The article said the climbing was very gradual... generally pretty mild... what did you think?

The good news is, Mtnbiker and his wife, my good friend, Tammy, have a BEAUTIFUL baby girl! Well worth missing the ride to be the first one outside the family to hold her! AWESOME!

Glad you had a good ride. We'll try another time. :-)