Thread: Behunin (sp?) report for Wens 28

Behunin (sp?) report for Wens 28

The Zion research group went looking for frog in Behunin last wednesday. We found our fill and some beautiful scenery
    There was still some water in parts of the slots that would get your feet wet and the 5th and 6th raps we got wet as well. I think you could have stayed dry on both if you wanted to by using alternate routes but we prefered to make it exciting. >,>
    The bolts on the 4th rap seemed to have worn the sandstone down to where the shear strength may be starting to be compromised. Im new to this and the forums so I will let more experienced people look at them and decide the impact vrs saftey factor.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice first post!
    Tell us more of the Zion research group, and why you wanted to find frogs, please?!?!?
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    Nice first post!
    Tell us more of the Zion research group, and why you wanted to find frogs, please?!?!?
    I would like to know more as well. Thanks for posting; now details!

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Nice first post!
    I wonder if it might be because the canyons are isolated and each canyons gene pool could be unique. This means the canyon tree frog could diverge into a unique species for each canyon, spry frog, behuin frog, etc.

Yea, great first post, thanks for the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    Nice first post!
    I wonder if it might be because the canyons are isolated and each canyons gene pool could be unique. This means the canyon tree frog could diverge into a unique species for each canyon, spry frog, behuin frog, etc.
    You win!
    Yes we are testing DNA from the different canyons to see if the isolation has created micro habitats and the frogs have evolved differently.
    We have done Fat Mans; Keyhole; Pine Creek; Sprie; Behunin; The subway and Taylor creek so far. We will be doing it all summer on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so look for us in the canyons and say Hi if you can!

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allystair
    Nice first post!
    You win!
    Yes we are testing DNA from the different canyons to see if the isolation has created micro habitats and the frogs have evolved differently.
    We have done Fat Mans; Keyhole; Pine Creek; Sprie; Behunin; The subway and Taylor creek so far. We will be doing it all summer on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so look for us in the canyons and say Hi if you can!
    Can I help with Goose Creek? I remember all sorts of interesting frogs in there - 4 legs, 6 legs, 12 legs, 3 heads - that kinda stuff. The flourescent red ones were kinda weird too.

Tom

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia
    Nice first post!
    You win!
    Can I help with Goose Creek? I remember all sorts of interesting frogs in there - 4 legs, 6 legs, 12 legs, 3 heads - that kinda stuff. The flourescent red ones were kinda weird too.

Tom
    I'd certainly be up for a Goose trip. I'd even promise to not enjoy myself and only look down.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia
    Nice first post!
    You win!

Tom
    I'd certainly be up for a Goose trip. I'd even promise to not enjoy myself and only look down.
    Me too. Hell I'm skinny long distance runner and I'll be the sherpa for goose. I'll even haul in dutch ovens for dinner.

Me too. Hell I'm skinny long distance runner and I'll be the sherpa for goose. I'll even haul in dutch ovens for dinner.
    Dutch ovens? That's nuthin, I'll carry each of you down the entire canyon. I'll even do the rappels for you so you don't have to. Shoot, I'll even bring our boatman from Lake Powell, Steve, he'll make us dinner, shine our shoes, and clean the sand out of all our gear every time we stop for a rest. You can just spend the entire time focusing on the frogs and not worry about anything!

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125
    Dutch ovens? That's nuthin, I'll carry each of you down the entire canyon. I'll even do the rappels for you so you don't have to. Shoot, I'll even bring our boatman from Lake Powell, Steve, he'll make us dinner, shine our shoes, and clean the sand out of all our gear every time we stop for a rest. You can just spend the entire time focusing on the frogs and not worry about anything!
    Big deal-- I know were theres a rare uncontacted tribe in Goose.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    Big deal-- I know were theres a rare uncontacted tribe in Goose.
    Did they shoot bow n' arrows at your helicopter?

Damn Allystair! You've got a really rough job! Are you guys hiring?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Bogley BigShot
    Nice!