Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Destination: New Orleans

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co is another fun little place....
    "You can judge the character of a man by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Aw DANG woman Enjoy yourself and post some reports of da good eats down there. Gonna miss ya!
    I was supposed to leave yesterday, but it will now be tomorrow morning instead. I'll be back in late Sept/early Oct depending on how things go. I will try to get some photos to send back and make you jealous. I know you're not going to envy the summer heat and humidity though!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Have a safe trip

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Aw DANG woman Enjoy yourself and post some reports of da good eats down there. Gonna miss ya!
    I was supposed to leave yesterday, but it will now be tomorrow morning instead. I'll be back in late Sept/early Oct depending on how things go. I will try to get some photos to send back and make you jealous. I know you're not going to envy the summer heat and humidity though!
    I envy that part!
    Im good with temps in high 90s and even OK up to 105 or so.The humidity? not so much, but just hot? I like it hot!
    Ya know I worked at Magcorp for 10 horrid years, I think it forever screwed me up. when you work in 130 degrees for 12 hour shifts, anything less seems almost pleasant. Iv been out of there for 8 years now, and still my system is not normal! I wear a jacket if its below 80 and a coat if we start hitting 60's.
    Bring on the damned heat! its June for hells sake!

Bogley BigShot
    Is it time for you to come home yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    I am back home.

I guess you missed my reply back to Sparker1 when he asked how things were going for me in New Orleans. I'll post it below:

In regards to NOLA, long story short, I am back in Utah. The building where my friend's new business was supposed to be located, has some serious structural issues which weren't discovered until the city inspector came out to do his review and final occupancy inspection. The original contractor had done a lot of gingerbreading work, and the location is currently deemed uninhabitable. Either the work has to be done correctly (which will take weeks if not a couple of months) or a new location has to be found. The project is pretty much dead in the water for now. Oh well.....I guess things work out the way they're supposed to.

My sister will be back out here in a couple of weeks, and I may drive back with her for a couple of weeks - just depends. Work right now for me here is VERY slow, so I've got a lot of free time on my hands. I've got friends from Houston staying with me thru the 4rth and it's been a lot of fun. It's sort of like being on vacation, but I'd prefer for work to get back to normal.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    I am back home.

I guess you missed my reply back to Sparker1 when he asked how things were going for me in New Orleans. I'll post it below:

In regards to NOLA, long story short, I am back in Utah. The building where my friend's new business was supposed to be located, has some serious structural issues which weren't discovered until the city inspector came out to do his review and final occupancy inspection. The original contractor had done a lot of gingerbreading work, and the location is currently deemed uninhabitable. Either the work has to be done correctly (which will take weeks if not a couple of months) or a new location has to be found. The project is pretty much dead in the water for now. Oh well.....I guess things work out the way they're supposed to.

My sister will be back out here in a couple of weeks, and I may drive back with her for a couple of weeks - just depends. Work right now for me here is VERY slow, so I've got a lot of free time on my hands. I've got friends from Houston staying with me thru the 4rth and it's been a lot of fun. It's sort of like being on vacation, but I'd prefer for work to get back to normal.
    Oh good! I won't be sad you are gone then.

For those with the money this should be a great time to buy a home!

Oh good! I won't be sad you are gone then.

For those with the money this should be a great time to buy a home!
    It's a really good time to buy especially if you're an investor, but the mortgage industry has gotten so tight with their regulations it's hard to get loans through. There's basically no such thing anymore as an investor loan unless you've got a minimum of 20% down and pristine credit. It's truly a buyer's market and someone looking for a new home has a huge inventory from which to select. I also don't think we've quite seen the bottom yet in some areas as far as home prices go, yet other areas have stabilized to some degree.