Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Destination: New Orleans

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

Destination: New Orleans

Well, it's official. I'm heading back to New Orleans for the next few months to help a friend head up a project. It's temporary, but the pay is fantastic and all expenses are paid. With real estate basically in the toilet right now, the timing is perfect! I will be back sometime around Oct. 1. I will be extremely busy, but will have to check in from time to time just to make sure everyone here is behaving!

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!" Let the good times roll!

Never regret anything that made you smile!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well. Savanna, I hope you enjoy yourself down home. Be good, but not too good. And be careful, but not too careful.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

I am just a tad bit jealous! Id love a working vacation all expenses paid to New Orleans!

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8grvty
    I am just a tad bit jealous! Id love a working vacation all expenses paid to New Orleans!
    It's really a cool opportunity, however, I just wish it had been over the winter which seemed never ending this past season. Summertime in New Orleans can be brutal. Summer in Utah is my favorite season.

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Well. Savanna, I hope you enjoy yourself down home. Be good, but not too good. And be careful, but not too careful.
    Always.

Arrrggghhh!!!! you mean I got to find a new realtor to bug? Who is going to keep me up-to-date on everything Draper?

You will be missed around here.... Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    It's really a cool opportunity, however, I just wish it had been over the winter which seemed never ending this past season. Summertime in New Orleans can be brutal. Summer in Utah is my favorite season.

what do you find more brutal? the summer heat and the humidity? or the stench of the sewers and gutters that are used for sewers?

what do you find more brutal? the summer heat and the humidity? or the stench of the sewers and gutters that are used for sewers?
    I can get away from the smell just by going to a different area. You can't escape the heat and humidity unless you just hang inside all the time.

I find the worst smell is when it hasn't rained in awhile and the open canals that run parallel with some of the streets give off quite a stench. Also, the French Quarter during Mardi Gras and any other major festivity can stink pretty bad between the trash and people who don't know how to find a public restroom.

How do you like it when the wind is blowing off the Great Salt Lake with that yucky smell it gives off sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Arrrggghhh!!!! you mean I got to find a new realtor to bug? Who is going to keep me up-to-date on everything Draper?

You will be missed around here.... Good Luck.

You can still bug me - and I can still do any research you might need. I would just have to find someone to physically take you out to see something if you were interested.

Like I said - I will check in from time to time to make sure everyone is behaving themselves!

I can get away from the smell just by going to a different area. You can't escape the heat and humidity unless you just hang inside all the time.

I find the worst smell is when it hasn't rained in awhile and the open canals that run parallel with some of the streets give off quite a stench. Also, the French Quarter during Mardi Gras and any other major festivity can stink pretty bad between the trash and people who don't know how to find a public restroom.

How do you like it when the wind is blowing off the Great Salt Lake with that yucky smell it gives off sometimes?
    I dont notice the lake so often. only once in a while.
    The french quarter especially reeks there though, now i was only there once, and it was in summer, but good hell! sewage is far worse than the GSL. I think that smell is why I hate the walmart so much.
    Especially that one in tooele, the north side of that has a serious issue with poop! no matter the time of year, no matter wet or dry, hot or cold, that end of the parking lot smells, reeks, grabs you by the throat and shakes you with the stench of poop!
    I hate wally world, but I did love new orleans.

Safe travels and good luck
    Ohh, they're predicting a very bad hurricane season this year But, that's what they said last year To their predictions

COULD THEY BE RIGHT THIS SEASON

Oh man girl! I'm soooooooooooo jealous. GULF SHRIMP! Dang........eat well, stay safe and don't forget to partake in a little Nawlins' style drinking. Check in when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    GULF SHRIMP! Dang.
    Gulf Shrimp Maine/ New England LOBSTER

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    GULF SHRIMP! Dang.
    Gulf Shrimp Maine/ New England LOBSTER
    "Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."

Gulf shrimp.

Thanks Bubba Gum Shrimp Factory spokesperson

I'll take good ole' Maine Lobster and butter...Claws, tails, the entire lobster

Don't get me wrong, Seafood is my favorite. And it swims or flies it's for me :2thumbs

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Safe travels and good luck
    Ohh, they're predicting a very bad hurricane season this year But, that's what they said last year To their predictions

Since this is where I've spent the majority of my life, I know how to head for the high ground when necessary.

Oh man girl! I'm soooooooooooo jealous. GULF SHRIMP! Dang........eat well, stay safe and don't forget to partake in a little Nawlins' style drinking. Check in when you can.
    This is going to be non-stop work for a few intense months, but I do believe I can squeeze in a little recreational fun while down there.

Since this is where I've spent the majority of my life, I know how to head for the high ground when necessary.
    And I know you wouldn't be caught in this

Hope you have fun, sad thing is New Orleans is a dump now... All these years after Katrina and it still looks like crap... Be safe and have fun...

I know you know the area better than i but you should hit Voodoo BBQ while there if you haven't already.... mmmMMMMmmmmmmm
    "You can judge the character of a man by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him"

Quote Originally Posted by FROGGER
    Hope you have fun, sad thing is New Orleans is a dump now... All these years after Katrina and it still looks like crap... Be safe and have fun...

I know you know the area better than i but you should hit Voodoo BBQ while there if you haven't already.... mmmMMMMmmmmmmm
    I have to agree - some areas look as they did the day after the levees broke and it's enough to break your heart. I will be in the uptown area of the city - St. Charles Ave garden district - and it faired very well. Thanks for the bbq tip - I haven't ever visited that place. There are the "old faithfuls" of course, but something new is always good.