Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Screw Bikers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

WTF?

Is that real or creative editing?

Blog Entries
    It's real, unfortunately.

Just noticed the link under the pic. Wow. One person killed too, that sucks. Drunk drivers are asses.

I'm sure that cop to their left was just as shocked WTF, drunk or not. What a pic, in this case it is worth a thousand words.

Pinche boracho needs to get the beat down of the century.
    I couldn't even look at that pic in the paper this morning then I remembered almost getting taken out by a guy running the left turn arrow Saturday and counted my lucky stars.
    I'm not in Utah, but I like Utah, really..

That is one of the most horrific things I have seen in a while.
    That guy should be charged with murder.
    Biking, Hiking, and Fishing are life. Everything else is just fluff.

Another example, this time from Moab

Here's a letter to the editor of the Moab Times-Independent:
    --------------------------
    Firm action needed...

I have commuted to work on a bicycle more than a hundred times over the years without an accident
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

i think drunk driving should be a mandatory year community service/every year after that you are taxed 25% more than usual.

oh and they should all be thrown in jail.

and if you are a drunk driver reading this i hope you die, when you drive drunk your just spinning a loaded gun around firing at will, on the freeway.

Re: Screw Bikers

OMG this is horrible!
    What an awful tragedy!

My son is thinking bout riding his bike to work to conserve gas (it's about 20 miles RT) and I'm worried about some moron running him off the road. We don't have a good bike lane system for a long portion of where he'll be riding, and I'm not sure if he'd agree to wear bright colors! Like a dayglo vest or something! He did convince his g/f (against her wishes) to wear a helmet when they did the test ride this weekend!

I've heard that some people deliberately run both bicyclists and motorcyclists off the road for kicks.
    What kinda jerk would do something like that?

SAD!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

My wife and I were biking alongside a highway once, when the trail became narrow and was closer to the road. Before we had an opportunity to turn around, a semi-truck approaching us veered in our direction. Rather than risk it, we bailed into the ditch and never knew if he would have hit us. I can't be certain it was intentional, but I always felt that it was. Maybe his idea was to scare us, not hit us. Well, it worked.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

people on bikes in some areas make me want to run them off the road.I have however never done so. Especially in the uintas! the ones that ride in the middle of the lane, not sliding over so I can pass them... those are the ones that i think about giving a friendly 'bump' on the rear tire.
    IF bikes are going to be in places cars go, both parties need to give each other some respect.
    I always see people bitching about cars when they ride bikes, If bikers (most are good about it but some ) used some common sense and stopped the attitude that they have the same rights as a car, and a few more inhabitants of the autos pulled their heads out, it would be hella better for both parties.
    As to veering towards the bikes, you should keep some old fashioned jacks in your pocket, ditch the bike and toss them out in front of the car If ya got time and some james bond fantasy, you could even rig the bike up to drop the jacks. Maybe sharpen the tops up a bit to ensure they pierce the tire. Kids have left em out and I promise they will pierce the foot on your skin, sharpen em up and they should do a tire reasonably well. Maybe make the car pull over so you can have a face to face about the 'scare'

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8grvty
    people on bikes in some areas make me want to run them off the road
    Keep your toys in a toy box, ehh

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8grvty
    ... the ones that ride in the middle of the lane, not sliding over so I can pass them... those are the ones that i think about giving a friendly 'bump' on the rear tire.

If bikers (most are good about it but some ) used some common sense and stopped the attitude that they have the same rights as a car, ...
    First of all, bikes do have the same rights as cars, by law. As such, they are expected to follow the same rules and laws of the road. And as such, drivers must treat them as a VEHICLE, meaning, if the road is too narrow, without a bike lane, for a car to fully fit, with three feet or more of a buffer to pass, the bike HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY in that lane and can, by law, take the full lane, the driver must wait behind and pass when it is clear.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Axpence
    i think drunk driving should be a mandatory year community service/every year after that you are taxed 25% more than usual.
    Some jail time on top of that, and I am totally with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Axpence
    if you are a drunk driver reading this i hope you die...
    Yikes Alex. Where did I go wrong with you? I think we should hope that they stop, or they only inflict damage to themselves, etc. You always gotta take it to the next level :D
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

That picture is crazy. I hope people were able to get away as scathed free as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger

First of all, bikes do have the same rights as cars, by law. As such, they are expected to follow the same rules and laws of the road. And as such, drivers must treat them as a VEHICLE, meaning, if the road is too narrow, without a bike lane, for a car to fully fit, with three feet or more of a buffer to pass, the bike HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY in that lane and can, by law, take the full lane, the driver must wait behind and pass when it is clear.

TREEHUGGER- We agree 100%! This is awesome! I wonder if this means I am liberal now :D (J/K).

I believe that bikers should be protected to the fullest extent of the law, more people should try and ride when they can and if the only way people can be safe is to drive a giant SUV our gas prices will go through the rough and our environment will be go down quickly.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

First of all, bikes do have the same rights as cars, by law. As such, they are expected to follow the same rules and laws of the road.
    Instead of making this anti-vehicle, let's not leave out the bikes. The ones that do not stop at stop signs and the ones that feel just because they're wearing a fancy little helmet, rules of the road do not apply to them. I've seen tons of accidents where the cyclists were at fault of the accidents they were involved in. From kids that didn't know any better to arrogant adults that should have known better.

Obviously what I just said doesn't apply to the pic above.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    TREEHUGGER- We agree 100%! This is awesome! I wonder if this means I am liberal now :D (J/K).
    I think not

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    First of all, bikes do have the same rights as cars, by law. As such, they are expected to follow the same rules and laws of the road.
    Instead of making this anti-vehicle, let's not leave out the bikes. The ones that do not stop at stop signs and the ones that feel just because they're wearing a fancy little helmet, rules of the road do not apply to them. I've seen tons of accidents where the cyclists were at fault of the accidents they were involved in. From kids that didn't know any better to arrogant adults that should have known better.

:
    Oh, I totally agree. As I said, the cyclists, as well, are expected to follow the same rules and laws of the road. I'm an avid cyclist and I have always maintained that we all need to be advocates for ourselves by being respectful to drivers and and the laws.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I seriously doubt it, my friend, but it's a start!