Thread: anybody done any epic rides lately?

anybody done any epic rides lately?

By epic I mean whatever floats your boat. I rode thursday night...a short ride...less than 10 miles...Friday I drove out to work with the recumbent on the back and rode it home after my last shift.....and rode back out to the mine this morning to retrieve said jeep. 62 miles round trip, about as close to 'epic' as I get lately. Sorry, no pics. I discovered that I'd lose the camera if I tried to carry it on the recumbent...last minute and all. I didnt plan so purdy good
    SO, let us know what long distance riding you've done lately.........

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It was only on our local greenway path down the creek but I got in 38 miles Saturday. Plus the usual nice headwind on the way down.
    I'm not in Utah, but I like Utah, really..

Epic, something I am lacking latley, kind of waiting for the snow to melt, I have just been hitting the 10 mile ride 3 times a week to wait for the high level snow to get the HELL out of here so I can do some big rides!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Top of the World Trail (18 miles) - Best view of any Moab trail I've ridden. Very technical climbing near the top. A little rough for a pure XC hardtail coming down.

Left and Right Forks of Tusher Canyon (18 miles) - Two fun little slickrock playgrounds once you get into them. Left required four portages. Right was smaller but less difficult to get into.

Halfway from Tusayan to the Grandview Lookout before getting lost in the middle of nowhere (20 miles) - Mostly non-technical but planned on 32 miles. Determined wrong turn back at the trailhead with GPS.

I'd post a pic or two but I broke my camera on the last day of the road trip and haven't decided what to replace it with next.

Weekly 60-90 miles of asphalt adventure commuting with a rack and panniers. You can sure tell when the retirees show up here for the summer. There's always somebody trying to give me the right of way when I don't have it or signaling left and coming straight through the 4-ways.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

None.

Actually, I havent even been on my mountain bike yet this year, except for a very short ride on the Shoreline trail. Going out to Park City tomorrow to get the season started.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    havent even been on my mountain bike yet this year, except for a very short ride on the Shoreline trail.
    That's funny. I'll be at 200 miles on the mountain bikes and 1000 miles on the commuters in the next week or so but still haven't gotten out my road bike this year. This Saturday's 70 mile Big Bad Wolf ride will be the first time.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

the top of squaw peak DH is open, it rocks.

Nothing major, but I was proud of myself since I hadn't been on two wheels in about three weeks. Last Monday I started in Mtn Green and rode up the road on the west side of Morgan Valley. I got to Richville and hadn't quite ridden for an hour so I kept going up East Canyon. I decided to ride to the dam, so I did. I was feeling it on the way back to the car. I felt like I didn't have any horse left but I pressed on. I was a little disappointed that the ride took 2:25 since I though I'd ridden about 30 miles, but then I checked the odometer. 40.8 miles. That cheered me up.

I'm riding "Bike MS" in two weeks. I'm planning on doing the century. We'll see how it goes given the half hearted (or half something) effort I've been able to give the last few weeks. My riding may be weak, but my grandma now has one kick butt sprinkler system.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

"epic" is all relative........for an old fata** like me, riding Friday from bottom of Wheelers up Icebox and middle fork to Green Pond trailhead sure felt like an epic ride
    I used to be concerned about my apathy, but now I don't care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    Epic, something I am lacking latley, kind of waiting for the snow to melt, I have just been hitting the 10 mile ride 3 times a week to wait for the high level snow to get the HELL out of here so I can do some big rides!
    The North Skyline will be open up to the final climb of Ben Lomond here pretty soon - maybe a week or two? There were only a few short stretches still covered in snow yesterday. So don't worry, you'll be leaving North Ogden and climbing up over the mountains to Mantua and back in no time The part right before the pine forest was still well covered, but you can easily get around that on the snow bypass trail. The final climb to BL was mostly covered still.
    Mike

The latest epic ride for me was the Big Phat Ride going from Ogden Nature Center North to Beus Canyon (and back) on the BST about a month ago. It was somewhere around 28 miles I think.
    Mike

Not my ride, but this one sure is epic!

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=422085