Thread: You're not getting the job -- 25 reasons why

You're not getting the job -- 25 reasons why

You're not getting the job -- 25 reasons why
    By Anthony Balderrama

CareerBuilder.com

When you're job hunting, you can go mad if you think about the amount of factors beyond your control that affect your chances of getting hired.

Leaving a trail of angry bosses or co-workers will come back to haunt you when you need references.

The economy, your location, industry trends -- even the hiring manager's mood -- can influence whether or not you get a job.

Still, as nice as it would be to blame your lack of offers on external factors, you can't forget that common denominator in your job hunt -- from the r
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This is probably more interesting to me right now, than most of you but I really enjoyed this article.

Wow. This may be the lease succesful thread ever.

Sorry everybody :)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo

I was looking for a joke

So far I've been getting my jobs the good old fashion way: recommended by a friend or a friend's friend. But I went through the nuts & bolts of job seeking proccess while looking for an internship at a newspaper. Thank heavens for good friends
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

interesting? yes, but I made those mistakes inteh past! I cant go undo them now!
    I am however legend at one construction company I walked out of years ago after laying the plant manager out over his desk after warning him to not poke me in the chest again, he didnt listen, he was warned. and I am a LEGEND to all the people that began working there even years after I left :D
    If I could go back, Id also drop a deuce on his desk for a pencil holder before I walked out, no regrets on that one!
    however, I got a job interview later today, so wish me luck! it would be grand to rejoin the world of the employed!

This is probably more interesting to me right now, than most of you but I really enjoyed this article.
    I think this is pretty interesting although to me it's more about common sense. Employers aren't checking off this list when a person walks in the door for an interview. I guess some people need to have instructions written out on how to accomplish ANYTHING in life? Don't know. But when someone follows all these instructions on HOW TO, you can usually tell and then it makes me wonder, why can't they use their own god-given skill, judgement or common sense to figure out how to make this happen? Kinda like those parents that have no clue how to raise their child, so they read a ton of parenting books and have no opinion of their own?? I say go with your gut and you can't go wrong.

/hi-jacked

No no I have the least sucessful thread ever!

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10430
    started it on 2/20 bumped it like 4 times and no one has responded for 3 months. Actually no one ever responded in the 1st place. It's still the very very 1st thread in the fantasy section also. Not like it got buried and "people can't see it".

The saddest part is, someone else started the exact same thread in the "general section" and guess what? No one even posted stats except me. I should have expected this though being an outdoor site and posting sports stuff, lol.

In accordance with your post, I did my interview yesterday, followed all teh rules, wore decent clothes, did not fart or belch during the meeting, pick my teeth, tell the guy he had a hot daughter based on the pics on his desk, I did it all right. Despite that I did not feel good about how it went, decided to drop off an application with a company down the road, thought it would take 2 minutes, first they made fun of me for applying with a construction company and bringing a resume, then wanted to read it, then gave me an instant interview, and then a test, then a second interview, and offered me either of 2 jobs. Gotta go pee in a cup today!
    I did not fart or belch in that one either,just for the record.

26. Popping a can of Miller High Life during the interview.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake