Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Everyone Listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride On
    Blink-182 live at BDO, and my computer teacher yelling at me.
    you should be working on extra credit to get that grade up

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    www.pandora.com, listening to my mix of "Planet P Project" compilations.

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Straightenin' the curves, flattenin' the hills...
    Man! This was THE SHOW. I looked forward to it every week. I had a crush on Bo and Daisy! HAHA!!

You are joking right? How can anyone compare a Beastie Boys, Chili Peppers album to a Neil Diamond. Those bands shouldn't be included in the same sentence. Don't make me come thru the computer screen and inflict bodily harm..........
    I'm not comparing those albums, I don't listen to JayZ at all and I don't really like the Beastie Boys all that much. I am saying that Rick Rubin produced some well known albums by some well known bands. I think it was Rick Rubin producing that really helped bring Johnny Cash back to popularity in the years before his death.
    That production talent is behind the new Neil Diamond album and has scored Neil his first chart topping album debut.

Gene Harris, jazz piano. He's a cool cat man, a cool cat.
    I'm not in Utah, but I like Utah, really..

Quote Originally Posted by Don

You are joking right? How can anyone compare a Beastie Boys, Chili Peppers album to a Neil Diamond. Those bands shouldn't be included in the same sentence. Don't make me come thru the computer screen and inflict bodily harm..........
    I'm not comparing those albums, I don't listen to JayZ at all and I don't really like the Beastie Boys all that much. I am saying that Rick Rubin produced some well known albums by some well known bands. I think it was Rick Rubin producing that really helped bring Johnny Cash back to popularity in the years before his death.
    That production talent is behind the new Neil Diamond album and has scored Neil his first chart topping album debut.

Just teasin ya!! Poke poke........ It's great we all have SUCH varied taste in music. And funny to see the old timers making come backs. Next is Barry Manilow.

Re: What's Everyone Listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by colbylee
    Just got back from a really good bike ride to my pilates class, and was jamming to some tunes and was thinking what other people listen to when they workout/run/bike etc.

I've been listening to
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Band of Annuals (Local SLC Band)
    Led Zeppelin (of course)
    So is this a what am I listening to now or a what are some good songs for working out? thread?
    right now iM listening tot eh brides hair dryer and CNN in the background, but for working out I enjoy alot of different stuff.
    FLogging Molly is always great at least the faster ones for working out, the slower ones I prefer to keep off the ipod and just listen to in the car or at home. Helloweens I want Out is always grand, alot of disturbed is wonderful when your raising heart rate! stupify, prayer,dropping plates... hard fast and mean, Being as IM old, Metallica, back before they sucked I mean, Megadeth, also back before they sucked, the mid career of alice cooper, like the raise your fist album.
    For alot of it it depends on what M doing, I have a wide range of musical tastes, from classical to death metal.
    and someone on this site in another thread wrote about Flogging Molly, if you like that check out dave king (Founder and lead of Flogging) back when he was just a guitarist for Fast Way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8grvty

Being as IM old, Metallica, back before they sucked I mean, Megadeth, also back before they sucked,

I'm old too! Metallica doesn't exist to me after 'And Justice For All' because they sold out and I had to give them up to the masses and MTV. 'Kill em All' and 'Ride the Lightening' take this rocker chic WAY back to 1985. HAHAHA!!

Being as IM old, Metallica, back before they sucked I mean, Megadeth, also back before they sucked,

I'm old too! Metallica doesn't exist to me after 'And Justice For All' because they sold out and I had to give them up to the masses and MTV. 'Kill em All' and 'Ride the Lightening' take this rocker chic WAY back to 1985. HAHAHA!!

That is what Im talking about! those are the days before they sucked!
    I did however like the black album.
    Someone said something about obscure bands earlier in this thread, like obscure?
    I shall now give you something thats great, but noones ever heard of, Ill even opena new tab, see if I can find some links to include.
    Most people have never heard of Tom Waits, start with him then look into The Red Elvises! To test run them I would look into rocket man and I wanna see you belly dance. Tow of my favorite RE songs atleast.
    lets see a link... well Im lazy, copy and paste!
    http://www.myspace.com/redelvises
    complete with some music since its a myspace page!

Not really your musical style? Maybe your more country?
    The Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash is the ticket for random obscure country!
    A story I already knew, but also found on the page I am about to give you:

Mark Stuart formed the Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash on a whim, by accident, by chance, by fortune. He'd been in a punk rock band but that was done, over, finished, and it had nearly finished him. He had a dream one night, and out of the dream came a band name: the Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash. The new name was a joke, sort of. And yet, soon enough, it wasn't a joke anymore. Soon enough, it was a band, and soon enough, it was enough of a band that Johnny Cash himself gave them his personal seal of approval, and Johnny Cash's own legitimate son helped produce their first album.

see it all and hear some of it at
    http://www.myspace.com/bsojc

THey did or I guess the right way to say is is they redid some of Cash's songs, but most are originals, that page even includes a great remake of "Long Black Vail"

No links to samples or anything I found in the first 30 seconds of a google search but you can look more on your own and find something I am sure.
    Ever see Eddie adn the Cruisers? Everyones seen teh movie and its follow up, and most everyone likes the music, but no one knows who did the actual recordings, IF you fit into that group of people, look into John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band. Alot of the same music style as the films, but no so dated, unless ya count 80s music as dated

While it shouldnt be some obscure music, it seems noone knows of Warren Zevon. I promise youv heard the music even if ya dont know the name, that is so long as you listen to any linda rondstat in the 70's.
    http://www.warrenzevon.com/
    He died the same time as Johnny Cash, so new stuff is not gonna happen, but all of his works are great, atleast in my mind, and his kid is starting to record as well, in fact he was on Letterman a few weeks ago, He is not his dad, but hes good.
    the Myspace page for Jordan:
    http://www.myspace.com/zevon
    as a bonus, the song Studebaker, is one of his dads.
    Guess for any more I would have to head to the car and grab the CD case, or the Ipod as these are just me favorites that come to the top of my head, I know so many more though.

Disturbed Indestructible.

got it on the first, (release date 3rd) just before my camping trip.. i've been listening to it all week.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

American IV: The Man Comes Around
    Johnny Cash

I luv the song Hurt. Cash is the greatest ever.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=RP1G5i5q-hk&feature=related[/youtube]

Most people have never heard of Tom Waits, start with him then look into The Red Elvises!
    I think what you meant to say is that most people who were raised on Metallica and Megadeth haven't heard of Tom Waits.

Since you like Tom, check out the movie, "Down By Law" sometime - features Waits and Roberto Benigni - good stuff, slow good...

Saw the Red Elvises a few years back at Bumbershoot...hot!

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon
    Most people have never heard of Tom Waits, start with him then look into The Red Elvises!
    I think what you meant to say is that most people who were raised on Metallica and Megadeth haven't heard of Tom Waits.

Since you like Tom, check out the movie, "Down By Law" sometime - features Waits and Roberto Benigni - good stuff, slow good...

Saw the Red Elvises a few years back at Bumbershoot...hot!
    No I meant just what I said.
    Iv been listening to Waits since the mid 80s when I was introduced to him by my brother. Actually thats how i found the red evlises too.
    I know a hell of alot of people, of all ages, and 1 count her 1, a lesbian girl thats in her 20s now, knew who waits was.
    Iv seen that movie! and the Rain Dogs video, caught all his appearances on Letterman. Some place I got a list of all appearances he made, hes done a few acting jobs, and alot of music for sound tracks.
    I dont know how people have skipped over him so long, hes been putting out music since the 70s and still is writing new songs and recording new albums.
    The one that always got me pissed was Bruce Springsteen records Jersey Girl and people love it, hes brilliant only bruce could write such a great song, and it was Tom who wrote the damned thing!
    Aside from the girl I mentioned above, I know me, my mom, and my oldest brother, anyone else has either never heard of him, or hated him.
    I however think he is a genius!

It's late but I am in the mood for metal. I've been listening to Pantera and Megadeth for a while on YouTube tonight. This is a great live version of Megadeth - Go To Hell somewhere in 1991.