Thread: REI Canyon Clean Up & Save Our Canyons CLean Up

REI Canyon Clean Up & Save Our Canyons CLean Up

Is anyone going to these events. The REI Clean Up is at Millcreek Canyon, and is on June 7th. The Save Our Canyons Clean up is on June 8th is up Big Cottonwood Canyon ( I think). I'm doing both of them, just wondering if anyone on this message board is going.
    I'll be the tall skinny kid with a ponytail and Koi tattoo if you want to say hi.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That's when our Noobfest is, so I doubt anyone from here will be there.

I respectfully decline to attend anything that SOC is involved with

I'll be in Mill Creek, actually.

Although, there has been lots of ill will about the project from the mountain biking community complaining that Rattlesnake will be "dumbed down". Heck, I'm thinking, maybe I'll be able to ride the whole thing now! haha. :-) I'll look for ya!

Karen
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by bbennett
    I respectfully decline to attend anything that SOC is involved with
    What? You dont like our canyons?? Just curious, what's your beef?
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I'm a helicopter pilot and a heli-skier. Nuff said?

In my opinion, SOC is the Wasatch equivalent of the ACLU. SOC= Piss, moan, lawsuit.

It's organizations like this that have brought our society to the level that Iceaxe depicted in his "SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 200" thread.

If they were simply picking up litter and providing trail work (without "dumbing down" nice tech sections), and not trying to tell everyone else how they may enjoy our mountains, I'd even volunteer my time to help them out.

I'm mostly just going up to pick up some trash and get some fresh air with my girlfriend

In my opinion, SOC is the Wasatch equivalent of the ACLU. SOC= Piss, moan, lawsuit.

It's organizations like this that have brought our society to the level that Iceaxe depicted in his "SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 200" thread.

If they were simply picking up litter and providing trail work (without "dumbing down" nice tech sections), and not trying to tell everyone else how they may enjoy our mountains, I'd even volunteer my time to help them out.

All righty then.... thanks for the clarification (of sorts). To me, any help we can get, in general, to monitor use and protect our canyons is a good thing, maybe I'm missing something more. Of course, you being a heli-skiier makes your statements much more understandable, due to your personal bias.

You asked what my beef was. I guess I could have saved some time by saying that it's just due to my "personal bias"

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    [/quote]

Sorry, I guess I could've saved some time as well and just responded "Yep, nuff said" to that. (could insert rolling eyes here as well)

I didnt say that a personal bias was bad, it is what it is. If you are a helicopter/heli skiing guy and SOC, and those affiliated with them, are trying to keep you from flying over the canyons, then, yeah, you do have a personal bias. No need to roll eyes, that wasnt meant as a mean or nasty statement.

I appreciate your response as I was genuinely curious, I said "of sorts" in my response because I dont get much of your reply, SOC and ACLU?? Really? And the School - 1957... thing, didnt read it.