Thread: What happened to the bogley n00bfest thread?

What happened to the bogley n00bfest thread?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You mean what hasn't happened to it? I need a schematics key to read that thing.

Ah. I guess the name has changed? Who knows. The last time this happened a few people had aneurysms.

I'm gonna throw the whole thing in the Rubbish Bin and see what happens

As long as you and shagster get my gear I'll be set. That is after some practice rappels the week before. Still trying to decide if I can live with wearing a shorty. Freeze my A off maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    As long as you and shagster get my gear I'll be set. That is after some practice rappels the week before. Still trying to decide if I can live with wearing a shorty. Freeze my A off maybe.

Im going to be hitting my local climbing wall this week.......I don't think anything is going to prepare me for the 96 foot rappell........YIKES!!! Just gotta get in there and DO IT!!! I think after completing Pinecreek, I am going to grow a set of testicles.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Im going to be hitting my local climbing wall this week.......I don't think anything is going to prepare me for the 96 foot rappell........YIKES!!! Just gotta get in there and DO IT!!! I think after completing Pinecreek, I am going to grow a set of testicles.
    Yeowzers! I knew there were all sorts of nasties in that water of Pinecreek, but I had no idea it could make you grow testicles? As a matter of fact it's always been my experience that the water makes them dissappear!

Be sure that whoever you're with shows you the Mexican Spotted Owls if they are in there, also be sure to see the old trail that bypasses the last rappel just under the tunnel window. There is also the "Stope" just beneath the window that was instrumental in the building of the tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Still trying to decide if I can live with wearing a shorty. Freeze my A off maybe.
    Dude...word of warning here...DO NOT ASSUME A SHORTY IS SUFFICIENT FOR PINE CREEK!!! Especially this year, with Spring being late in coming. Get yourself a fullbody wetsuit, you won't regret it. You would be surprised how cold those potholes are - even in June.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

3mm or 5mm full wet suit, Justin?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    3mm or 5mm full wet suit, Justin?
    This depends on your personal tolerance to cold, but I would definitely err on the side of safety, and go with the thicker one. Typically the skinnier/leaner you are, the more prone you are to getting chilled easily. If you don't know where your personal tolerance lies, or have never done a Zion canyon before, I recommend definitely going with the 5mm.

Zion canyons are like no other canyons in the CP. The pothole water is frigid and STAYS frigid cold almost all year round. It probably warms a little to the point where it's tolerable somewhere in late August -- maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    or have never done a Zion canyon before, I recommend definitely going with the 5mm.
    Umm dude, I was there photographing your skinny naked ass in Subway.

Subway and Pine Creek are vastly different in terms of water exposure. You will recall that the water in Das Boot wasn't warm, and I was in my skivies AFTER we had exited the Subway, where the canyon opens up.

If in doubt on Saturday you want to bring the heavier wetsuit.... none of the Saturday canyons involve a lot of slogging...