Thread: Out and About

Out and About

Had hoped to get a hike in this weekend with Tanya, but not to be. I had gotten an invite to join "Bushwacker" and "Sherpa", but told them that I'd be doing something else probably. At the last moment, Tanya had mentioned that she had other things occupying her weekend so Kip twisted my arm (already totally tweaked from my waterfall incident in Deep Creek) and I joined them for a wonderful backcountry adventure in Zion. Because it is Kips and Matts trip. I feel that I should not disclose the location, but rather wait to see if they might wish it to be known? I took a few photos and I know that Matt did as well. I really look forward to Matts pictures, as he uses a 10MP camera. Here are a few of a "Lush" Zion Backcountry.

It was really great to meet "Sherpa" and as always it was (ahem!) fun to go bushwacking with with the "mad inch and a half" Bushwacker! I look forward to more fun times with these two and others on this group as well. Really looking to a good time at Noobfest in just 2 weeks!
    Attached Images Attached Images                

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very nice pictures Bo!

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia
    Very nice pictures Bo!
    Thank you Felicia! I really struggled to be able to get some pictures. Kip and Matt are wild (as viewed in the photos! ), and I struggled as a handicapped. Geesh! I can not lift my left arm today! The price we pay sometimes!

The remoteness of this hike is just another one of these twos ideas of a "walk in the park". I actually loved every minute of it. I did slip and catch myself with my left arm OUCH! We put in a 17 mile day with a bit of elevation, but it brought me back to a place I had visited back in 1990. SOOOOOOOOO beautiful!

I look forward to the next adventure!

Note to all: Bo is injured....you stand a chance to keep up with him!!!

Bo: i know you will recover soon and be as good as ever! Look forward to seeing you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia
    Note to all: Bo is injured....you stand a chance to keep up with him!!!

Bo: i know you will recover soon and be as good as ever! Look forward to seeing you soon.
    And I look forward to seeing You and John!
    Thanks for the words of encouragement
    My shoulder is pretty sore and I know that it will be healed (if I were 40 ) tomorrow. It is sooooo hard to realize that it may take 3 days!

Anyway...I have a New Year Resolution. "I will make every effort to keep up and not be a burden to those I'm hiking with".

Look forward to seeing you soon as well!

WONDERFUL TR!! Zion looks to have such an eclectic environment! From red rock to pine trees to red sand to waterfalls..........I can not wait for my first trip there. NOOBFEST is around the corner. I hope you heal up in plenty of time Bo!! Take care of your boo boo there Bo.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    WONDERFUL TR!! Zion looks to have such an eclectic environment! From red rock to pine trees to red sand to waterfalls..........I can not wait for my first trip there. NOOBFEST is around the corner. I hope you heal up in plenty of time Bo!! Take care of your boo boo there Bo.
    Thanks! Yeah, Zion sure has a lot to see. Even the main corridor trails are a hoot, but when you can step off the beaten paths the true Zion sure shines through! I think you'll have a great time in a couple weeks as you'll get a chance to see some of the more "off the beaten path" areas. At least the hikes you are signed up for are far less frequented than the typical "tourist attraction hikes".

I'm a bit worried about my "bo boo-boo", but I think I'll take it easy for a few days and give it a chance to heal?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Is this the canyon I talked to you about in your store a month or so ago?
    If so--was there any snow left and how was the water flow?
    If not--cool looking trip.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    Is this the canyon I talked to you about in your store a month or so ago?
    If so--was there any snow left and how was the water flow?
    If not--cool looking trip.
    Check your PM's Kurt.

Sweet TR!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum