Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC fight this weekend

UFC fight this weekend

Alright fight lovers the big fights are here this weekend, Who is going to watch who you rooting for or who doesn't give a crap!!! Also I was wondering if anyone was going to participate in the ufc fantasy site, FREE, and a great place to be able to post the outcome of your fight predictions. I know that some did a couple fights ago so lets do it.

Penn vs. Sherk = Hopefully this will be a great fight and a good rubber match with all the smack that has been talked. If this goes to the ground I give it to BJ if it is standing Sherk is going to use those roid infested arms to do some damage, I have no real fav here but wouldn't mind seeing BJ Get the smack knocked out of him.

Jardine vs. Silva = Can Jarding fight two good fights in a row? What Jardine is going to show up to the fight? Is the Jardine who beat chuck or what one? If Jardine wins I think he will finally get some recognition. Silva, must win fight, his back is against the wall and we will find out if yet another Pride star goes by the wayside. I am predicting Silva knocks out Jardine because he has to or he will never get a big card fight again.

Ortiz vs Machida = Has Tito passed his prime? To me this could be set up as good bye and thank you fight for Tito, I would like to see Tito doing some good ol' ground and pound but can he get passed the unstopabble Brazilian? Should be a great match.

Some of the fights on the undercard are great fights and I wish I could see them, Yoshida finally gets his chance and also Clementi is fighting again! What a machine. This is strictly my opionion on the fights and not influenced by any sites or anything so lets hear what you have to say about it.
    Lets Get it on!!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

These guys are all lightweights. Kimbo Slice would eat these guys for breakfast!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

[quote="rockgremlin"]These guys are all lightweights. Kimbo Slice would eat these guys for breakfast!! [/quote

Come on Tito, a lightweight, Keith Jardine a light weight, Silva a light weight. They would all stand toe to toe with Kimbo and kick his ass!@!

There is a reason Kimbo Slice isn't in the UFC, for one he would get his ass kicked because he would get taken to the ground and it would be embarrising to him. I would pay to see him fight either penn or Sherk which are light weights.

ya you're right...UFC is a different beast, but strictly MMA rules Kimbo would ruin Tito or anybody else -- he's the Mike Tyson of MMA (back when Mike Tyson was knocking guys out in the first round, and not raping women and biting off ears ).

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    ya you're right...UFC is a different beast, but strictly MMA rules Kimbo would ruin Tito or anybody else -- he's the Mike Tyson of MMA (back when Mike Tyson was knocking guys out in the first round, and not raping women and biting off ears ).
    I would say he is the Mike Tyson of street fighting, Give him a couple fights with some decent fighters, (not washed up old Tank Abbott) and then we can see how he rolls.

These guys are all lightweights. Kimbo Slice would eat these guys for breakfast!!
    LOL! Wait until he fights someone good before you start mouthing off like that. :P

He's a street brawler with heavy fists right now, but I have no doubt he will become significant in the future. He's definately a physical specimen(sp?). My wife is scared of him, lol.

"MMA rules" stands for Mixed Martial arts bro. Mixed meaning you can wrestle, punch, kick, or whatever. Like was said before, if he went up against even a "lightweight 155lb" wrestler, they would he eat him for lunch. I know what you meant top say though. He can definately throw a punch.

I tried starting up a thread back in the days, it's still the first post in the fantasy section. but no one responded and I gave it up.
    But perhaps my mistake was posting in the "fantasy sports" and not the general section? Lets go with your thread here and hopefully it will be more popular?

Here's my picks for this fight. Some hard choices for me since a lot of guys dont even have pics since they are so new. I have to see a guy fight once or 2x before I form an opinion of him. So I just guessed on a lot by their records.

UFC

I am not going to read who you chose since I haven't made my pics official but I will post it once I lock it in, I have been listening to Sherdog all day and getting pumped up!!! Aught to be a great card.

If Kimbo gets ahold of you... well, we'll wake you up in the hospy.

Any of the UFC guys would DESTROY Kimbo.
    I watched a guy out maneuver Kimbo in the streets and once that beast got tired and worn down, he got his ass kicked. The dude has heavy fists. That's it. No MMA ability, no stamina. I do like seeing him knocking those guys out cold though.

Quote Originally Posted by Redpb
    I watched a guy out maneuver Kimbo in the streets and once that beast got tired and worn down, he got his ass kicked. The dude has heavy fists. That's it. No MMA ability, no stamina. I do like seeing him knocking those guys out cold though.
    This is true. His stamina may be lacking, but his fighting style doesn't allow for long fights. He usually cleans up his opponents in the first round (hence the reference to Tyson back in the day). If his opponents can outlast and outmaneuver, they get him....but don't get in the way of his haymakers!!

I saw one of his unsanctioned street fights on youtube where he popped the other guy's eye out with one of his punches! One of the most gruesome things I've ever seen on the net.

If Kimbo ever makes it to the UFC, he'll be getting schooled

Ranked #75 out of 19,355 beat that beaotches!!!! Woot!!!! Lucky guesses. Of the course the second I start betting real money, my lucky streak goes away, haha.

The only fight I was really caught off guard on was the Tito fight. I was sure he would go out with a bang and pwn that guy. But that guy schooled him. Half the guys in our group thought he was a pussy for not going toe to toe and the other half thought he was crafty for winning by any means neccessary. I was really impressed at the end of the 1st round where he put Titio on his back and went to town on his face. If not for the bell he would have surely lost right there. Man that guy has brutal leg kicks too. I was really impressed and will have to give him more respect in the future.

I really liked all the fights, thought they all went well and felt like I got my money's worth for how many they actually showed. I'm a little confused on the wanderlei silva fight. I picked technical knock out and it says he won by knock out? Little confusing, i thought knock out was when he got kicked in the face and fell to the ground already out, and TKO I thought was where he wasnt completely unconscious but not defending himself and the ref stops it? I'll have to read up a little on what the actual difference is I guess.

So anyways was a really fun night though! Usually a lot fo people tell me they will show up and don't but this time everyone that said they would showed up. Nothing worse than buying a bunch of food in prep for a big party and only 2 people come.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks D/C for posting those results I'm all picnic'd out

Thanks, thats actually the best picks I've ever done. Woohoo! No one else going to post their stats? Shucks....

Anyone watch this guy this weekend? I gotta say he did a lot better than I thought he would. He showed decent wrestling and good sub defense. Bas is obviously training him right.

What I cannot understand though is why that guy didn't have that "alien" sticking out his ear lanced or cut out or whatever. How could you enter a friggin fight like that? That's the nastiest ear I've ever seen I think.

Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket
    Anyone watch this guy this weekend? I gotta say he did a lot better than I thought he would. He showed decent wrestling and good sub defense. Bas is obviously training him right.

What I cannot understand though is why that guy didn't have that "alien" sticking out his ear lanced or cut out or whatever. How could you enter a friggin fight like that? That's the nastiest ear I've ever seen I think.
    I thought he was terrible, he showed all his flaws and that if he fights someone who is a real fighter he will get destroyed. Kimbo is going to have a very short MMA career, he couldn't even walk out of the ring under his own power.

Anyone watch Kimbo tonight? LOL!!! I take back everything partially nice I said about him. Some karate (lol karate) guy takes a fight on 2 hours notice and beats him within 10 seconds.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Kimbo got OWNED within seconds of the fight last night. Sad. I was hoping to see him do some pounding.

Yeah, I saw it on google news and I'm like WTF is Kimbo Slice. Then I looked up Kimbo on youtube and thought this is one big crazy looking dude. Then I saw the fight and clearly he lacks the technique to compete in UF. I like the crazy black street brawler image though.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"