Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear Grylls: Canyoneer extraordinarre!

Bear Grylls: Canyoneer extraordinarre!

I've seen this brought up once or twice here and when I saw the clips on YT I thought I'd share them here so we could all bask in the glory that is Bear Grylls.

So, what's good info and where is he waaaaaaay off base? :)

Oh, and do you recognize where he's swiming in part 2?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    What is good entertainment, and what is way offffff base? - eh, your choice. Hopefully, you are not using this program for information, as it is about 0% good information.

Fry Canyon.

Tom

I have been in some hot weather in the desert. Never have I thought that wrapping a pee soaked shirt on my mouth would be a good idea. I only watch because I like his accent...

I thought Arron Ralston was from Colorado not Utah.

I was going to guess the canyon was cameltoe or dragonfly. I figured they have water and I have never seen them. How did he get dropped off in the middle of the desert near Moab and make his way to fry canyon!!!
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    Never have I thought that wrapping a pee soaked shirt on my mouth would be a good idea.
    Next time you are in the desert in 110 degree heat take a wet tee shirt and and wrap it around your head.... it will dry almost instantly... maybe 5 minutes tops.... that was the dumbest idea in the entire show. Now wrapping a cloth around your head might be a good idea.... but inserting a sickly urine smell first is dumbass.... if I was really in trouble I'd probably save the urine for drinking later, and not waste it like perfume.

Bear Grylls: aka Smoke and Mirrors

Some friends of mine who live in Moab said that Bear and his film crew stayed at the Gonzo Inn, and returned every night after filming. I heard rumors that most of this was shot in or near Fry Canyon, nowhere near Canyonlands.

Bear's slot canyon logic is all jacked up. Here's how he put it:

Vid 1: at 3:44, 4:11, and 9:30 he says that he's gotta find a side canyon that should lead to a river, and eventually civilation.

vid 2: at 0:53 and 2:26 says that the canyon he is following runs downhill, and "there's a good chance it meets up with a river, and a route out of here."

At 7:12 the downhill-running slot canyon dead ends, and he is forced to climb out. ?????? WTF?! I've seen a fair amount of slot canyons in my day, but I've never seen one just up and dead end like that. It was clear that instead of following the slot down, he was in fact, following it up, and was forced to climb out for dramatic effect.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

If anyone saw this whole program when it was telecast, when he swam the colorado? at the end there is a wind mill. The group I run around with have no idea on the colorado around the moab area where this could be? None of the scenery looks familiar either. But if it was filmed down south Fry Canyon? then who knows. But then shouldn't it of been called the blanding or monticello or even hanksville desert. if he was around moab one of us in our pollution spewing jeeps would of come by and could of picked him up. The moab desert sure looks mean. Maybe he didn't know the moab diner is only a short jaunt away. I can taste a Lions Back Breakfast as I type.

Bear Grylls: aka Smoke and Mirrors
    There is a video out on youtube showing him traversing through a lava field. He is acting like it is life or death. Well there happens to be a tourist close by that is filming him from another angle and you can see cars driving byon an aphalt road. So I think there is alot of smoke and mirrors with his shows.

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia
    What is good entertainment, and what is way offffff base? - eh, your choice. Hopefully, you are not using this program for information, as it is about 0% good information.
    well it's certainly true that it gets really hot in the deserts of southern utah when you're walking around in 110

The slot canyon is Fry for certain...

The only really accurate information is that it was filmed near Moab.... it goes down hill fast after that statement.

I'm suprised he doesn't carry around a car door so he can roll down the window if he gets hot.
    Life is Good

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    You guys are just jealous that Bear found the long, lost ,secret passage from Moab under the log jam to Fry.

I like Bear! He is like "Jack Bauer". Of course somethings are going to be bigger and more complicated than they need to be, but he is fun to watch. I do not subscribe to his survival school, but I sure would love to have his job.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

This man could roll around in pig poop and I'd still lust over him..............He's the HOTTEST MAN ALIVE AND I WANT TO MAKE LOTS OF BABIES WITH HIM. Don't get me going. I LUST BEAR LIKE NO OTHER!

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    This man could roll around in pig poop and I'd still lust over him..............He's the HOTTEST MAN ALIVE AND I WANT TO MAKE LOTS OF BABIES WITH HIM. Don't get me going. I LUST BEAR LIKE NO OTHER!
    Oh my word!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    You guys are just jealous that Bear found the long, lost ,secret passage from Moab under the log jam to Fry.
    sounds like high stakes canyoneering beta to me

I don't think I have ever appreciated any comment on Bogley.com as much as this one!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo

I don't think I have ever appreciated any comment on Bogley.com as much as this one!

I don't know what it is, but when I see him tear into rotting animal flesh for survival reasons.........I just can't describe it. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, don't want to train wreck this section. But seriously, all my friends that know me outside of Bogley, all know (husband included) that I am a Bear groupie. so my secret is out.

Oh one more thing: his accent........

I don't know what it is, but when I see him tear into rotting animal flesh for survival reasons.........I just can't describe it.
    yeah ... but i was pretty disappointed when he didn't drink the dead squirrel tainted, muddy slot water.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    I don't know what it is, but when I see him tear into rotting animal flesh for survival reasons.........I just can't describe it.
    yeah ... but i was pretty disappointed when he didn't drink the dead squirrel tainted, muddy slot water.

Are you saying my Bear isn't a REAL MAN Stefan? HAHA!!! Don't tell me this and burst my bubble.

This man could roll around in pig poop and I'd still lust over him
    That's good to know, cuz I can't find a bathroom right now, and I think I see him.