Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos. Love em? Like em? Hate em? Got em?

Quote Originally Posted by marc olivares
    tattoos are for losers...
    Obviously I disagree

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've got one, on my left bicep. I'm into Native American stuff, and I particularly like the Pacific Northwest Indian artwork.

Mine is a Haida sun. I planned on getting it filled in at that time I had the work done (10 years ago), but the more time passed after the ink was done, I liked the unfilled details more and more. Never got it finished, nor do I plan to.

I'd like to get another one, same type of artwork, but on the front of my leg/shin area. My problem is now that I'm a father, all of my income goes towards suppoting my family. Very little extra money for ink these days.

I've got a photo of my tat floating around home somewhere. Maybe I'll post it when and if I find it.
    "All roads, all codes!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman70
    I've got one, on my left bicep. I'm into Native American stuff, and I particularly like the Pacific Northwest Indian artwork.

Mine is a Haida sun. I planned on getting it filled in at that time I had the work done (10 years ago), but the more time passed after the ink was done, I liked the unfilled details more and more. Never got it finished, nor do I plan to.

I'd like to get another one, same type of artwork, but on the front of my leg/shin area. My problem is now that I'm a father, all of my income goes towards suppoting my family. Very little extra money for ink these days.

I've got a photo of my tat floating around home somewhere. Maybe I'll post it when and if I find it.
    I have a native american sun on my arm also!!! It's my tribute to my 1/16th Cherokee. Post yours if you can. I'd love to see it.

For years I wanted a polynesian tat somewhere...a honu...turtle, or a variation of Samoan tribal tats but I'm not so sure now. I'd rather have one of a knarly chainring embedded into my calf muscle...blood and all............although I have enough real scars from bike related accidents to make up for that too!
    -I like the artwork you have on you abirken. Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    For years I wanted a polynesian tat somewhere...a honu...turtle, or a variation of Samoan tribal tats but I'm not so sure now. I'd rather have one of a knarly chainring embedded into my calf muscle...blood and all............although I have enough real scars from bike related accidents to make up for that too!

Polynesian tattoos are absolutley beautiful. Very earthy and very grounded. All have meaning. Better yet..........just head down to Tahiti for your next vacation and get one the Polynesian way!!!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by abirken

Polynesian tattoos are absolutley beautiful. Very earthy and very grounded. All have meaning. Better yet..........just head down to Tahiti for your next vacation and get one the Polynesian way!!!

Thank you!
    You mean when the guy uses this little hammer to get the needle in? I saw this travel show where the host got a little star on his ankle done this way, heh.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

actually, I watched it done the 'island' way and I could do a smallish one but not a full body tat. I knew a guy once who was a chieftans' son who had a full body chieftans tat...most awesome tat I ever saw. I, in case no one has figured it out yet, have a great love for the islands. Having lived on Maui and going back there nearly every year since I feel deep ties there so a tat with a polynesian theme would fit right in. The chainring embedded in the calf would symbolize my next greastest love of biking. It has changed/saved my life...literally.
    ....that's where I'm coming from girl!

actually, I watched it done the 'island' way and I could do a smallish one but not a full body tat. I knew a guy once who was a chieftans' son who had a full body chieftans tat...most awesome tat I ever saw. I, in case no one has figured it out yet, have a great love for the islands. Having lived on Maui and going back there nearly every year since I feel deep ties there so a tat with a polynesian theme would fit right in. The chainring embedded in the calf would symbolize my next greastest love of biking. It has changed/saved my life...literally.
    ....that's where I'm coming from girl!

I have seen the traditional tattoos done on the discovery channel. Pretty amazing full body suits. Gorgeous actually. From the way it sounds with your attraction to the islands, you should really consider getting one.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    here is my tat
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'd like tats of eyes on my eyelids.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    here is my tat

Wow that is pretty amazing!! Who are all these people on your back? I see Jesus but am not familiar with anyone else. Facial portraits are very hard to do so you must have a good artist. I really think it's one of the most creative tattoo concepts I've seen. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    I'd like tats of eyes on my eyelids.

ANd that would be pretty dang trippy.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    here is my tat

Wow that is pretty amazing!! Who are all these people on your back? I see Jesus but am not familiar with anyone else. Facial portraits are very hard to do so you must have a good artist. I really think it's one of the most creative tattoo concepts I've seen. Awesome!
    Yep I'm the only 250 lbs distance runner ever in the NCAA championships.

It's not me. Yeah that's JC in the center surounded by his posse of leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, a.ka. LDS & The Mormons. Don't know who the guy is in the top right but assume it must be a portrait of the guy himself; if you notice the portrait and him both have long white beards.

Don't know who the guy is in the top right but assume it must be a portrait of the guy himself; if you notice the portrait and him both have long white beards.
    It's Santa Claus. He's LDS. When Xmas comes around on a Sunday, he makes sure he delivers all the goods by saturday night, 11:59 pm.

He is thinking about switching the trip date to Easter time though, because he comes to SLC for conference anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Don't know who the guy is in the top right but assume it must be a portrait of the guy himself; if you notice the portrait and him both have long white beards.
    It's Santa Claus. He's LDS. When Xmas comes around on a Sunday, he makes sure he delivers all the goods by saturday night, 11:59 pm.

He is thinking about switching the trip date to Easter time though, because he comes to SLC for conference anyways.

Ya'll are just freaking me out. I don't know whats going on here. HAHA! I thought that was you trackrunner!!!!!!!!!!!

just a few classics that i'm sure most have seen.

better not... sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    just a few classics that i'm sure most have seen.

better not... sorry.
    No worries. Maybe Ill get to see them at a Bogley event? In any case, keep us posted if you start a new one. :) I start on mine next Thursday and I am excited.

I was just reading through a men's magazine the other day which referred to the lower back tattoos on gals as "Tramp Stamps"? That's a new one to me!
    "All roads, all codes!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman70
    I was just reading through a men's magazine the other day which referred to the lower back tattoos on gals as "Tramp Stamps"? That's a new one to me!
    Yep, a "slut stamp" is the same thing.

an eyeful from the weekend . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images