Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos. Love em? Like em? Hate em? Got em?

That's one bloody, fiery tattoo
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    I have two, one on my arm and one on my back. I will have to post some pics.

I have decided on my next tat, The Green Man. Where to put it is another story... And coming up with the $ too.
    Put them up! I would love to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce

Oh, and Abirken, why does your name now show "***JACKASS***" under it?

Yup, you are right. It does show Jackass. I know the person responsible for doing that.........................Boy when I get a hold of him! It's not even going to be funny. (I think I'm semi-responsible for the change) OK now back to Mountain Betty!

As far as tattoos go, the butterfly on the lower back AKA The Venus is just a fad with tattoos. Just like 'tribal art' was really hot at one point. Get something that means alot to you and you can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken

Yup, you are right. It does show Jackass. I know the person responsible for doing that.........................Boy when I get a hold of him! It's not even going to be funny. (I think I'm semi-responsible for the change) OK now back to Mountain Betty!

As far as tattoos go, the butterfly on the lower back AKA The Venus is just a fad with tattoos. Just like 'tribal art' was really hot at one point. Get something that means alot to you and you can't go wrong.
    One of my co-workers here has the coolest tattoo I
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow
    Yeah, what happened to Mountain Betty?
    Like I said somewhere earlier, I've been thinking about a tatoo for a while. I need to find someone who will design it for me. I once almost decided to get one back in Mexico but wife said
    You need to drive over to Denver, go to www.twistedsol.com to pick out your artist, have something drawn up and go celebrate by drinking at a Local Pub called Streets of London. Twisted Sol = creme de la creme of shops. Big Mike, the owner of the shop is into Ultimate FIghting and was on the SPike reality show last year.

[quote="Randi"]
    Quote Originally Posted by abirken

For me, whether I like the way they look on another person depends on the whole personal package.

Randi,

I agree! I love a person no matter thier hair color, body weight, career choice, personal style.........if they are a genuine person, looks don't matter to me. The whole package is HUGE! More people just think that way.

Funny b/c my grandmother who is now 81 expressed an interest in getting a little butterfly on her back and claims she wishes she would have done it when she was younger. And as far as my two boys go (13 and 4) they've learned to not judge someone b/c they have body art (as both my husband and I have alot) BUT we hold the same rule in our house. Nothing on the body until the age of 18 so don't even ask. At that point, they are adults and can make that decison. I won't be one of those parents down at the tattoo shop signing a waiver for them at 15.

Quote Originally Posted by VINIA
    Two tats on my right arm. I have one on the left arm. and Two down each sides of my rib cage.. my arm will be full from should to finger tips when I am done..

This picture was taken when the tat was still fresh. over a year ago.

LOVE IT!

I came pretty close to getting one at 20 yrs old. It was going to be a menacing looking octopus on my calf with tentacles wrapping around my leg. Problem was it cost 2k and that was a little difficult to come up with at the time.

So I've never had a tat, but find them extremely sexy on ladies. Suicide girls rock!! As long as it's not something stupid like a butterfly on the center back, or that tribal art. It has to be unique and designed by the person.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Has nothing to do with being chicken. I have no fear of needles, I even give blood through the back of my hand, not my arm. Chicken, no Marking up my body permanently, it has to be something good...not a fad.
    "Marking up my body permanently, it has to be something good...not a fad"

Could not agree more.
    With that said, I have 27 tattoos.
    Everyone has some sort of meaning to it. The kids names, the keltic knots work on the wrist, the bear on the calf, the lizards, the sun... I pick out a bit o'ink, then think about it for a while, if I still want it six months down the road, I get it. and I never get it just because I saw it and liked it, all of mine ate customs, none came off the wall in some flash gallery.
    Now I have 27... if you count them as seen it looks like 13, working on a sleeve on each arm, the chest and stomach are started, back is bear, one calf is started, I once started my uhhhh pee pee.
    I will warn you about this.
    DO NOT!
    you have to have a stiffy the entire time its inked, and it hurts more than anything you can imagine.
    the first prick (no pun!) of the needle and it was gone, and after that each time I heard the gun come on it went slack, so I have a single dot of ink on my pecker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8grvty
    Has nothing to do with being chicken. I have no fear of needles, I even give blood through the back of my hand, not my arm. Chicken, no Marking up my body permanently, it has to be something good...not a fad.

Could not agree more.
    Everyone has some sort of meaning to it. The kids names, the keltic knots work on the wrist, the bear on the calf, the lizards, the sun... I pick out a bit o'ink, then think about it for a while, if I still want it six months down the road, I get it. and I never get it just because I saw it and liked it, all of mine ate customs, none came off the wall in some flash gallery.
    Now I have 27... if you count them as seen it looks like 13, working on a sleeve on each arm, the chest and stomach are started, back is bear, one calf is started, I once started my uhhhh pee pee.
    DO NOT!
    you have to have a stiffy the entire time its inked, and it hurts more than anything you can imagine.
    the first prick (no pun!) of the needle and it was gone, and after that each time I heard the gun come on it went slack, so I have a single dot of ink on my pecker.

OH MY! I have no comment on the penis tattoo. HAHA!! But I agree......I get an idea, think about it for a while and if it's still with me after several months, I get it. My tattoos represent the things I love. Flowers, hearts, girly stuff b/c I am a girlie girl with a twist of tomboy. I am starting my upper sleeve next week. My artist drew up something that fit me PERFECT and I'm going with it. YAY! But after I finish with my upper arm, I think I am done for good. I'm getting TOO OLD. HAHA!

I started the ink at 15 with a mirror, a guitar string and some india ink....
    Those ones are now covered up! Im 37 now, I started all of it that long ago and still not done, they have to be special, not just cool looking. Have to have meaning behind them, and I have to like them. there are many I wanted and never got because they didnt fit in, they didnt work the way I wanted them to, I changed my mind, what ever.
    Im not ina hurry to be wearing a tattoo shirt, I got my whole life to do it.
    All but 1 were thought out (after the india ink years between 15 and 18) a scarab with knot work in its back on my shoulder. I went to the bar a few years back, when I got off work at noon for 3 days, I woke up in wyoming with no truck. called a friend got home, found my truck at another bar, went home took a shower and thats when I found the new ink! when the hot water hit it. went to the front room to watch TV and suffer a hang over and my car pool was honking outside, ti had been 12 hours from the first day plus 3 days plus 10 more hours for my car pool to show up to go to work that I had drank away, thought it was just the next day :D its one of the reasons I dont drink much these days.
    We will not even go into the 2 girls I woke up with that were less than appealing. Told them I was going for smokes and would be back...I hit a gas station and called my buddy, never went back :D it was walking looking for a gas station or pay phone that I realized I was in Evanston and not just the avenues above salt lake city.
    That was my last trip to Southern Exposure in murray.

Could not agree more.
    DO NOT!
    Heh, I spit coffee all over my monitor reading about the single dot
    Think you'll ever add another dot, a smiley face perhaps?
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

NO!
    go stick a needle in your weenie. Iv broken all my fingers many times, my wrist a few times a ankle and ribs over and over, my skull twice, my nose 3 my jaw once, fell 2 floors at work, would of gone 6 to the ground but got stuck on a piece of half inch rebar that was ticking out..in my thight, went nice and deep, that was after I hit a handrail and fell from it breaking the leg. I was up that night on crutches at the jazz game (final game in jazz vs bulls in the days of old for the title! I was not missing htat game!) and Id rather repeat any of those than stick a needle in mr winky!
    The single blue dot is fine by me, you have to look for it to even find it

you have to look for it to even find it
    Er, NO, we don't.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

To answer the original question, I don't have any and I don't like most of them I see on other folks. I suppose it is due to the stigma of tattoos during my formative years. The way I look at it, coon skin caps were a popular fad when I was a kid. I'm really glad now that they were not a permanent addition.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

It wasnt an offer to show!
    just saying its a tiny dot, the size of a needle, and not a normal needle, a tattoo needle! you WOULD have to look to find it, but Im not offering to show ya where to look

I do not have a tat, but I know what I want, and when I go back to Dublin, I'm going to get it.

Otherwise, ever since I was 5 years old, I have always wanted a long stem red rose on the pad of my right thumb. I have no idea why. As a kid, I would draw the flower on my thumb with colored pens when I was bored in class. I might do it someday.

I really liked the tribal art and I had a henna done to see if I liked it. I hated it after the third day...........I always suggest a good henna tat before making the commitment.

I would love to have a tat, however since someone in my ancestory mated with a bear I have to much hair on my body. Soo I've decided I will shave whatever design I want into my pelt.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

Quote Originally Posted by MY T PIMP
    I would love to have a tat, however since someone in my ancestory mated with a bear I have to much hair on my body. Soo I've decided I will shave whatever design I want into my pelt.

tattoos are for losers...