Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos. Love em? Like em? Hate em? Got em?

Just hard to tell how written VS. spoken comes across. when I read it before I posted it I thought hmmmm... that could be read to sound bad instead of just conversation. So I tossed in the clarification.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Randi- Interesting that your daughter and my son both draw Asian themed art. She is really gifted by the above photo. I realized my oldest son wasn't the star soccer player several years back and let him decide on what he enjoys doing in his free time. Art it is!

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Randi- Interesting that your daughter and my son both draw Asian themed art. She is really gifted by the above photo. I realized my oldest son wasn't the star soccer player several years back and let him decide on what he enjoys doing in his free time. Art it is!
    One of those phenomenons, how Japanese stuff got popular here and kids across the nation got into the anime, card games (pokemon), etc. Japanese cartoons became all the rage, what about 7 years ago?

My daughter and I got way into this show called Bleach, before it became popular here in the US & they homogenized it for American viewers.

Bummer about the cartoons is that the Japanese versions of most (with subtitles) are so much better than the "made for America" versions.

I LOVE Japanese (and Korean) films. And I like a bunch of the Anime too. Miyazaki's Spirited Away is a VERY cool movie if you haven't seen it.

My son dates a Japanese girl and he speaks the language. Rachael looks up to him a lot, loved some of the Japanese bands he introduced her to and that's where her love of the culture came in."
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Quote Originally Posted by Randi
    One of those phenomenons, how Japanese stuff got popular here and kids across the nation got into the anime, card games (pokemon), etc. Japanese cartoons became all the rage, what about 7 years ago?

My daughter and I got way into this show called Bleach, before it became popular here in the US & they homogenized it for American viewers.

Bummer about the cartoons is that the Japanese versions of most (with subtitles) are so much better than the "made for America" versions.

I LOVE Japanese (and Korean) films. And I like a bunch of the Anime too. Miyazaki's Spirited Away is a VERY cool movie if you haven't seen it.

My son dates a Japanese girl and he speaks the language. Rachael looks up to him a lot, loved some of the Japanese bands he introduced her to and that's where her love of the culture came in."

Funny! My son is obsessed with anime and Spirited Away is among the MANY dvd's that he LOVES to watch. Did you know that there is an Anime museum/studio in Tokyo? It's like a Universal Studios where you can visit and watch the artists in action. My son is OBSESSED with getting there someday. :) Cool kids we have!

wierd. I thought I was in the tattoo thread...
    The man thong is wrong.

Ill tell you what Iv been playing with the idea of getting inked for several years now.
    a toe tag that says DOA.
    It makes me laugh to think about the guy that preps me for cremation to find it. The tag on the bottom of my foot and the string around my big toe, I think its great!
    The only reason I have not yet done it is because there is no good time to do it.
    in summer I wear sandals most of the time Im not working, and at work its boots. In winter its always boots, when the hell could I get ink done on the bottom of my foot to make it the least inconvenient situation possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    wierd. I thought I was in the tattoo thread...

You are here! In the tattoo thread that is. You just have to dig deep to find any tattoo talk or photos of tattoos. Apparently I am either the only tattooed freak on Bogley or no one feels like showing off their work.

I've got one, but I dont have a picture of it... it's on my backside, low back, I should specifiy. :-) A personal, symbolic depiction of my life - there's mountains, a sunrise, a cresent moon and stars, pink clouds .... I need to add a butterfly somewhere to finish off the rest of the symbolism. (metamorphosis - my changing life) ...
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    I've got one, but I dont have a picture of it... it's on my backside, low back, I should specifiy. :-) A personal, symbolic depiction of my life - there's mountains, a sunrise, a cresent moon and stars, pink clouds .... I need to add a butterfly somewhere to finish off the rest of the symbolism. (metamorphosis - my changing life) ...

We don't mind a butt cheek in the tattoo thread. So get out your cam!! HAHA!!! Or not......your call. But I do like your idea of several symbols all in one depicting your life. VERY COOL!!!

We don't mind a butt cheek in the tattoo thread. So get out your cam!! HAHA!!! Or not......your call. But I do like your idea of several symbols all in one depicting your life. VERY COOL!!!
    Thanks! I'm not bashful, but have just never tried to get around there to get a pic, I'll see what I can do. :-)
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Thanks! I'm not bashful, but have just never tried to get around there to get a pic, I'll see what I can do. :-)
    YAY!!!! You should almost start a new topic for that one!!! MY BUTT CHEEK BY TREEHUGGER. I'm sure the comments would be VERY interesting with these boys around here.

I really like tattoos, especially ones that tell stories. My wife and I both have tats, and want more. My mother-in-law got one of Eeyore on her ankle at the age of 60! This is my favorite one. I came up with the drawing myself. It reflects my life. I want to get some color in it one of these days.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    shoot straight, cast far, and hike all day.

I don't have any tattoos but my oldest son will on Monday- but this is doctors orders! His cancer has come back so next week he will start radiation therapy. Monday he gets 'mapped'. They build a 3-D computer image of his abdomen with the exact spot of the tumor, then they will tattoo him with small dots so they can align the radiation machine exactly every time. These tattoo dots will be permanent but are very small. He will have treatments every weekday for nearly a month. Here we go again!
    Are we there yet?

Rookie
    That will mark a positive change in his life. Good luck and stay positive. Maybe you could get a few dots with him to give that extra support. Keep us posted on how things go. Stay strong!!
    "All we are is a result of what we have thought"

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve
    I don't have any tattoos but my oldest son will on Monday- but this is doctors orders! His cancer has come back so next week he will start radiation therapy. Monday he gets 'mapped'. They build a 3-D computer image of his abdomen with the exact spot of the tumor, then they will tattoo him with small dots so they can align the radiation machine exactly every time. These tattoo dots will be permanent but are very small. He will have treatments every weekday for nearly a month. Here we go again!
    Oh man! I hope everything goes well with getting that under control. I hope your son (and all of you) find reasons to smile every day. My prayers and hopes are coming your way Tall Steve.

What's your sons name?

~Randi
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

My best wishes for your son and the entire family. My wife has two sets of those tattoos, but they are hardly noticeable among all the surgical scars.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Wow, so sorry to hear this. Best wishes to you and your son.

I hardly feel it's appropriate to go back to light hearted tattoo stuff now... yikes. But maybe it will be a good distraction...

Here's mine: The mountains represent my spirit/spirituality, the clouds and sunrise represent the dawn of a new and beautiful day, even through some rough times, the moon and star is representative of my brother who was killed in a car crash when I was 18 (there's a story why that reps him). Now I want to get a butterfly (the metamorphosis) with a yin/yang body, puzzle piece wings, with one piece missing.... that is representative of who I have become today - balanced, different pieces of my life making up who I am, and a piece missing because there is always room for more growth. Probably WAY more than you needed to know, but I feel I have to explain my tat because it is so personal to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sorry, didn't mean to break up the lighthearted thread. As a family that doesn't do the tattoo thing (but doesn't begrudge anyone that does) it will be a good family joke! My son's name is Ryan and he will be 24 next month. He still lives at home- nearly got married last summer then all of this broke loose. Good kid, served an LDS mission to Mexico, finished up at UVU, got accepted into BYU's engineering program for last fall but had to drop out after he was diagnosed. He's registered again for this fall so we're hoping he still can go after a couple months rest. Thanks for your concerns. Now get back to the lighthearted stuff- I need a good laugh after the last few days of life.
    Are we there yet?

Here's mine: The mountains represent my spirit/spirituality, the clouds and sunrise represent the dawn of a new and beautiful day, even through some rough times, the moon and star is representative of my brother who was killed in a car crash when I was 18 (there's a story why that reps him). Now I want to get a butterfly (the metamorphosis) with a yin/yang body, puzzle piece wings, with one piece missing.... that is representative of who I have become today - balanced, different pieces of my life making up who I am, and a piece missing because there is always room for more growth. Probably WAY more than you needed to know, but I feel I have to explain my tat because it is so personal to me.
    I must say I just love the heart on the pants, tats that have meaning are very cool tats that just look cool are just that cool. I prefer to get scars to paying for them.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I'm assuming the tattoo is on your lower back? If so, THANK YOU for not having a hairy backside!