Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day Plans -> Where, When, Who, What?

Memorial Day Plans -> Where, When, Who, What?

What ya'llz doin'z. Anybody going to venture out into the traffic and consume large amounts of petroleum? According to my wife I'll be doing housework.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I ain't doin nuttin. Stay home, away from people.

The next week, Mesa Verde.

Picnic and fishing right now, maybe a little 4wheeling (me taking pics anyway). Ahh, grilled veggies

Re: Memorial Day Plans -> Where, When, Who, What?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Memorial Day Plans -> Where, When, Who, What?

how ... and to what extent?

What ya'llz doin'z. Anybody going to venture out into the traffic and consume large amounts of petroleum? According to my wife I'll be doing housework.
    Pisces=easily persuaded! Ha!

I'm heading out of town on Th. at 3PM right after work! Yipee!!!
    I have a permit for Heaps, but it looks like it's gonna be raining : (

I was gonna head to Escalante for a week afterwards, so I will probably do only that...and it's raining there too...maybe I'll get to see an epic flash flood somewhere along the way

That would make the drive worth it even if I don't do canyons!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

We have our "daughter" here for a few days. Tonite we head out to Escalante and hopefully get to do Lower Calf Creek in the AM. From there we're going to Hanksville and try to hike Horseshoe Canyon on Fri and Little Wild Horse on Sat.

Weather looks iffy but I'm sure we'll be able to get some hikes in. Is Horseshoe a flash flood potential?

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

I'll be savin lives... which is another way of saying I'll be working... but I get holiday pay and 8 hours of vacation time to use when the crowds subside so it's all good to me.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    We're heading to Fillmore. We're going to park our RV and stay at the KOA, then ATV around Chalk Creek and then head south through Adelaide and get up as high on the Paiute as possible. If passable, we're going to cross I70 at the Fremont Indian Museum and catch some of the 01 before turning around and heading back to Fillmore. We hope to get in around 140 miles on that trip (on the quads).

** Weather Permitting **

I will be...
    Home! I had planned on being OUT someplace, but more work to do than I had thought when I bought the motorhome to restore and so Im a bit behind the schedule. Got a friend that has flight landing saturday night so I got to be around to pick him up anyways. Work on that damned motorhome, see if I can finish putting a garden in and try to clean out the pond, get the waterfall running again, and see if I can sneak in a short fishing trip someplace close by for a few hours one evening.
    So my holiday weekend sucks. But when the uintas open up, and I can go stay in a the motorhome, not to mention being able to pull a winter camp trip in it and some cross country skiing, then its going to be worth not getting out like I normally have done in the past and just stayed in the tents.
    Maybe Ill even get time to check out Bogley, but Id rather be out living life on weekends than sitting here reading about someone else doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Win
    We have our "daughter" here for a few days. Tonite we head out to Escalante and hopefully get to do Lower Calf Creek in the AM. From there we're going to Hanksville and try to hike Horseshoe Canyon on Fri and Little Wild Horse on Sat.

Weather looks iffy but I'm sure we'll be able to get some hikes in. Is Horseshoe a flash flood potential?

Win

I was just at Horseshoe Canyon this past weekend and I do believe it has a potential. There was a sign and photo posted under the awning at the trailhead showing the flashflood of 1999. People wading out with their packs on their heads. But I think it's a relatively low potential considering many others that are much higher. HAVE FUN!! Hiking back up in the sand was a butt kicker.

I have to work this Saturday but other than that we may just take the kids to do some local camping on Sunday night. I can't possibly get in the car and drive anywhere this weekend.

I will try some local hikes. Also need to clean my kitchen, it's a mess. And vacuum as I have two cats. Lazy bums don't do anything productive around the house except look pretty and pretend that they love me, heh.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Thanks, Alison

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Anybody going to venture out into the traffic and consume large amounts of petroleum?
    Yes From Salt lake to the south side of the Blue Mountains north of Blanding with the camper and atv's. About 630 miles round trip at maybe 10mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow
    I will try some local hikes. Also need to clean my kitchen, it's a mess. And vacuum as I have two cats. Lazy bums don't do anything productive around the house except look pretty and pretend that they love me, heh.

Man I think your cats are related to mine. They seem to do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken

Yeah, I think it's something in their genes. They're convinced of their superiority over all other creatures as much as they are certain of their cuteness, grace, etc. Narcissistic fur balls, heh.

I have two cats. Lazy bums don't do anything productive around the house except look pretty and pretend that they love me, heh.
    Hope I don't end up hijacking but I had to throw this one in. What is the difference between cats and dogs? A dog thinks "this guy feeds me, bathes me, plays with me... man he must be God!" A cat thinks "Wow this guy feeds me, bathes me, plays with me... I must be God!"

Yeah, I think it's something in their genes. They're convinced of their superiority over all other creatures as much as they are certain of their cuteness, grace, etc. Narcissistic fur balls, heh.

And this is true!! I wouldn't want them any other way. HEHE!! It's why we are 'cat people'.

And this is true!! I wouldn't want them any other way. HEHE!! It's why we are 'cat people'.
    I completely agree. But I also love dogs, will have one again sooner or later.

I'm on my way back to Utah for 9 days.