DrInKiNg

[color=white]

I had a Pina Colada this weekend!

Never again!

Worst Summer Cocktail
    Pina Colada
    625 calories
    75 g sugars

Made from a blend of sickly-sweet pineapple juice and fat-riddled coconut milk, pina coladas may be this summer's biggest beach-body saboteurs. In fact, the only redeeming part of this drink is the garnish

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    I don't drink very often, but my choice is a flavored vodka (I like Absolut peach or melon the best) served on the rocks or with a little club soda splashed in. Just the calories of the alcohol, no sugar per sa (which I am told is mainly the cause of hangovers). It'll take your breath away the first couple of sips, but it ends up being pretty smooth after that.

Never regret anything that made you smile!

Re: DrInKiNg

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    [color=white]

Worst "Healthy" Drink
    Glaceau VitaminWater (any flavor; 20 oz bottle)
    130 calories
    33 grams sugar
    Damn you Vitamin Water!!! That was my only drink of choice other than water! Must all tasty things be bad for you? Like the delicious salads at Cafe Rio, heh. Never again!.

How many calories does scotch and club soda have? Cause that's my drink of choice.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    I don't drink very often, but my choice is a flavored vodka (I like Absolut peach or melon the best) served on the rocks or with a little club soda splashed in. Just the calories of the alcohol, no sugar per sa (which I am told is mainly the cause of hangovers). It'll take your breath away the first couple of sips, but it ends up being pretty smooth after that.

I love those flavored vodkas as well!! Yummy. The Absoult mandrin with a splash of cran and twist of a lime is very refreshing come summertime. But those Pina Colodas are ohhhhhhhhh so yummy. It's a shame they are virtually a dessert.

[quote="KapitanSparrow"]
    Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    [color=white]

Worst "Healthy" Drink
    Glaceau VitaminWater (any flavor; 20 oz bottle)
    130 calories
    33 grams sugar
    quote]

Damn you Vitamin Water!!! That was my only drink of choice other than water! Must all tasty things be bad for you? Like the delicious salads at Cafe Rio, heh. Never again!.

How many calories does scotch and club soda have? Cause that's my drink of choice.

Wait a minute.......Cafe Rio salads are bad for you???? Oh no!!!

Icy cranberry Finlandia and Red Bull make one hell of a tasty drink, heh. It gets you UPPPPPP, but then it gets you DOWNNNNN, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow

Icy cranberry Finlandia and Red Bull make one hell of a tasty drink, heh. It gets you UPPPPPP, but then it gets you DOWNNNNN, heh.

Bad experience with Redbull/vodka drinks or was it the jaegermeister and redbull?? i've never been the same.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken

I love those flavored vodkas as well!! Yummy. The Absoult mandrin with a splash of cran and twist of a lime is very refreshing come summertime. But those Pina Colodas are ohhhhhhhhh so yummy. It's a shame they are virtually a dessert.
    That sounds really good!

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow

Bad experience with Redbull/vodka drinks or was it the jaegermeister and redbull?? i've never been the same.
    That's kinda how I feel about tequila shooters. At a party one night, someone thought it would be funny to throw me into the pool after downing a few shooters and I almost drowned. Even the smell of tequila can make me a little queasy now.

[quote="savanna3313"]

I have a friend and she 'infuses' her own vodkas. It's very easy to do!!! She gave them to all of us for Christmas gifts which I thought was kind of neat. She made me a cranberry/vanilla vodka which was yummy. Might be kind of fun to try for summer? Maybe try infusing a vodka with your favorite melons or peach? Dang! I think this may be worth a shot. HEHE!!!!

Yeah, that is a stretch. I make a delicious home remedy made of 180 proof all natural spirit and honey. It's as good for a party as it is for the common cold, heh.

Bad experience with redbull/vodka drinks or was it the jaegermeister and redbull?? i've never been the same.
    That's kinda how I feel about tequila shooters. At a party one night, someone thought it would be funny to throw me into the pool after downing a few shooters and I almost drowned. Even the smell of tequila can make me a little queasy now. [/quote]

Girl, I'm with you 100% on this one. I can't even look at the bottle of Te-killya!! VOMIT. And btw.....not very nice friends to get ya hammered then throw you in the pool. Shame shame on them!!!

Sorry guys, my quotes are acting stupid in this thread and I don't know why. Must be a quote ghost out there messing with my posts.

[quote=tanya]
    The Unhealthiest Drink in America
    Baskin Robbin
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Bad experience with redbull/vodka drinks or was it the jaegermeister and redbull?? i've never been the same.
    That's kinda how I feel about tequila shooters. At a party one night, someone thought it would be funny to throw me into the pool after downing a few shooters and I almost drowned. Even the smell of tequila can make me a little queasy now.

Girl, I'm with you 100% on this one. I can't even look at the bottle of Te-killya!! VOMIT. And btw.....not very nice friends to get ya hammered then throw you in the pool. Shame shame on them!!! [/quote]

My younger wilder days. I am living proof though, that you can go into the water hammered and come out stone cold sober.

[quote=rockgremlin][quote=tanya]
    The Unhealthiest Drink in America
    Baskin Robbin

My younger wilder days. I am living proof though, that you can go into the water hammered and come out stone cold sober.

See! That's what being from NOLA does to ya. HEHE!! I'm a fellow bayou chic from Houston and am proud to say, I MADE IT OUT ALIVE. Although I miss the food. These Coloradans have NO IDEA how to eat.

See! That's what being from NOLA does to ya. HEHE!! I'm a fellow bayou chic from Houston and am proud to say, I MADE IT OUT ALIVE. Although I miss the food. These Coloradans have NO IDEA how to eat.
    No kidding! I have partied many times in the city of Houston and still have close friends that live there, although my favorite Texas city is Austin. If I had to pick a new city to move to, it would be Austin. And as far as the food goes, as they say back in N'awlins - "yeah you right!" I have people send me "care" packages of spices and things that I can't find here.

No kidding! I have partied many times in the city of Houston and still have close friends that live there, although my favorite Texas city is Austin. If I had to pick a new city to move to, it would be Austin. And as far as the food goes, as they say back in N'awlins - "yeah you right!" I have people send me "care" packages of spices and things that I can't find here.
    I used to spend hours watching this man on PBS!!! I GARUANTEE!!! Hehe!! He'd pinch a lil bit this and lil bit of that......throw it all in. No measuring required!! Glad you get care packages from N'awlins. What I wouldn't give for some mesquite smoked BBQ up here. Dang........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I used to spend hours watching this man on PBS!!! I GARUANTEE!!! Hehe!! He'd pinch a lil bit this and lil bit of that......throw it all in. No measuring required!! Glad you get care packages from N'awlins. What I wouldn't give for some mesquite smoked BBQ up here. Dang........
    "How ya'll are?" He and my grandfather could've passed for twins. His stories were as good as his cooking.