Thread: What City is the Best for Retirement?

Bogley BigShot

What City is the Best for Retirement?

St. George made the top 10 readers pick, and it's a good one, but I have not got out much. Where are the best places to retire that have a good night life and lots of things to do. Clean air would be nice.

St. George, Utah. "St. George lies amid spectacular natural scenery, clean air, great climate, hot summers but mild winters, more than a dozen excellent golf courses, favorable cost of living, beautiful homes but competitive real estate, reasonable tax structure, close to Las Vegas and national parks, outstanding medical care, excellent hospitals, and nearby ski resorts." Vernon Hill

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/biztech...cid=yf:7retire

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Who wants to retire? Poop on that. I wanna keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny. HAHA!! However, if I do happen to come into a load of money and don't have to work at some point in my life, I'm heading for the beach to surf my last days away.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Who wants to retire? Poop on that.
    Bite your tongue

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Who wants to retire? Poop on that.
    Bite your tongue

Not trying to be rude to those that want to retire. I guess I can get really opinionated. I just think of retirement and I think old people in an RV with a ton of medications to take (that scares me). It's a personal thing and I don't ever think I will retire. I see my grandparents at 87, still walking 3 miles a day and running a handy man business in Bullhead City AZ. That little business keeps them going....keeps them young. :) It's a good thing. I want to be just like them. HEHE!!

Not trying to be rude to those that want to retire.

I guess I can get really opinionated. I just think of retirement and I think old people in an RV with a ton of medications to take (that scares me).
    I didn't take you as being rude That's the reason for the and the

Opinionated, heck we all are and am very

I'm 39 and depending in which direction things go in, I could be retired at 39. Scary in some cases, relaxing in others. Knowing what's going to happen is that horizon I cannot see yet, but there is a path in that direction. I'm at a junction in time with a few paths, just uncertain due to Doc's, work, etc. which one I will have to follow.

RV and retirees, Gee..I hope Stan cruises right over these posts But thinking that way, look at Stan (Sparker). He and his wife making the most out of their retirement, places they have traveled to and the pictures Stan takes to document the beauty that this Country has to offer.

If you haven't seen his pics:

Stan's Pics (clicky)
    Just click on his "Galleries" top, leftish area there

ONE DAY, I hope to be one of those retirees in an RV :D my old ass with a bald top and long hair on the sides, like Riff Raff from rocky horror, sitting around a camp fire in front my my motor home, smoking a hookah full of something thats not shisha...
    See ya on the Road

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Del Boca Vista
    You have been watching Seinfield.

I am not thinking Golf Carts, Bingo, etc...

But where to live if you no longer had to work --- at any age.

After retiring at age 52 (lucky me), I moved to a quiet, small town in SW Florida. Beautiful weather, great boating, no industry (other than service), wonderful lifestyle. Then Money magazine ranked PG the 2nd best town to live, and the next year, too. The population swelled and it was no longer the nice little town we moved to. Traffic was bad, the yacht club grew so fast we didn't know most of the members, etc, etc. St George may be following that same path.

It's not for everyone, but the six years we lived in an RV and traveled the US and Canada were the greatest. Memories for the rest of my life. Thing is, if you get tired of a place, it's easy to move.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Bogley BigShot
    St. George is growing at an insane pace.

It's hard to choose from a small, quiet place or somewhere with a great night life.