Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Weight loss Thread

Official Weight loss Thread

I Know a lot of you watch your weight and try to stay healthy so this is now the Official Weight Loss Thread.

This is where you can go to brag, ask questions, seek support.....

Here is my story.... The first week in February I weighted 203#, but my preferred weight is 185#. At 185 my speed really increases, yet I'm still big enough to dish out some real punishment in a good old fashion bar fight.

As of today I'm at 188#, that is a loss of 15 pounds in 3 1/2 months. I'm pretty proud of that. I hope to be at 185# by the end of the month.

I did it by exercising (walking one hour most nights of the week) and eating smaller portions at meals. I didn't even have to cut out beer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

May '07 I was 231. By October I was around 192, from the Atkins Diet. Had the goal of 190.

December, had knee surgery, christmas, new years, valentines day, easter.... gained about 10 lbs.

Started up the diet again 3 weeks ago, getting around 197, still aiming for 190.

December of 07 - just shy of the 300 lb mark, between 295 and 298. Tried snowboarding for the first time and hated it, couldnt even reach down to do up my bindings with out help...
    As of May 1, I am between 247 and 250... snowboardin was MUCH easier and more fun, canyoneering is easier, as well as tying my own damn shoes, basically doing everything is easier and more enjoyable. Come to think of it, I havent found any downside to losing 40+ pounds of fat...
    Still want to drop another 20-30. Doing it the old fashion way. Lifting weights 3 times a week, cardio 5 times a week and lots of protein, low carbs and low fat....

How many different sizes of clothes did you go through?

I had to garbage all my pants because they were much to big in the waist. And I did tossed them instead of saving them so if I got heavy again I would have to buy more clothes. I didn't want to be tempted to fit into my fat cloths again.

I Started in Febuary weighing 274 and just last week I weighed in @ 249 I have a goal weight of 220-230. Seems high im sure but as and FYI in high school (11 years ago, best shape of my life Blah blah blah) i had to suck weight in order to wrestle @ 215.

I have done this by working out as often as i can, 3-4 times a week and cutting back on portions and nearly zero junk food. I have bad days but i am looking at this as a life change so one bad day is no big deal.

Good luck
    "You can judge the character of a man by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him"

Quote Originally Posted by DWayne27
    low carbs and low fat....
    I've found it's hard to watch carbs AND fat. They usually substitute one another. I'd just watch the carbs if I were you, it will be more effective, and the food is better too.

People will say it's healthier to watch your fat, but carbs turn to fat when they're not burned, sitting at your desk....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    How many different sizes of clothes did you go through?

I had to garbage all my pants because they were much to big in the waist. And I did tossed them instead of saving them so if I got heavy again I would have to buy more clothes. I didn't want to be tempted to fit into my fat cloths again.

I know this was not directed to me but... i currently need new cloths but am holding off until i drop another 15-20 lbs... I only want to have to buy once...
    "You can judge the character of a man by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him"

February of 2008 I was 201 lbs, now I am 178, that's 23 lbs loss from Boot Camp and eating more healthy now.

Before I just ate junk food and always had seconds at dinner. Now I try to eat more green/fruit and less preservatives. I feel 100% better!

My goal is 175 lbs steady.

I dunno how much I weigh these days, but I don't gauge my overall fitness on weight. Rather, I gauge it on overall look and feel. I have always been about 2 packs shy of a six pack, and when those four start to get less and less visible, it's time to get serious about diet/exercise.

So far I'm over weeks straight without sugar, and it's helped out a lot. I feel a lot better, and exercise yields results much quicker. Less flabby around the mid-section lately.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Ya'll know my story, little CHF does wonders
    I'm 80lbs down from the time I entered the hospital to now. I'm now on a low-salt diet. If you're a salt-a-holic, this isn't for you But, go ahead and try I've cut just about all sugar from my food intake years ago and really don't miss it. The occasional ice cream every few months doesn't set me back onto a sugar rush thing. So, I'm good with that. As of now, I cannot do any cardio...but, do walk probably more than they want me to.

Grant it, 60lbs of those pounds were in water, but it did affect everything I did. I carried it around for awhile. So, I have been hovering at 80lbs lost and it's been dropping slowly. I've been out of the water stage for a few weeks now. Now it's into the real weight. Without exercising, I'm wondering how much more will continue to go just by eating correctly. I do not eat any processed foods. No more cheeses. Gone is the pizza I basically eat chicken, eggs, oatmeal, veggies, soy/rice milk, water, decaffeinated-unsweetened iced tea, fruits, little pasta, Greek yogurt, my own trail mix and granola.

In the near future I'll be toying with making my own breads, drying fruits and a few other things. (All sodium free) My main goal is to keep this 300gms of sodium intake a day, combined with just about no sugar. Soy milk, fruits and yogurt will be my only source of sugar, which is not all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by FROGGER
    I have bad days but i am looking at this as a life change so one bad day is no big deal.
    I think the only way to truely lose weight and keep it off is a lifestyle change. The problem with a diet is after you drop some weight you go back to bad habits. You have to change your lifestyle to get healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    I basically eat chicken, eggs, oatmeal, veggies, soy/rice milk, water, decaffeinated-unsweetened iced tea, fruits, little pasta, Greek yogurt, my own trail mix and granola.

In the near future I'll be toying with making my own breads, drying fruits and a few other things. (All sodium free) My main goal is to keep this 300gms of sodium intake a day, combined with just about no sugar. Soy milk, fruits and yogurt will be my only source of sugar, which is not all that much.
    That's a really healthy diet!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    That's a really healthy diet!
    We'll see how it all works I feel pretty good now, I do miss the pizza.

January I was 258, I'm now sitting at 240+-. My goal is 180.
    I bike, I run, I'm fairly active, but I have hypothyroidism, so here I am, I am seriously thinking of going the low carb route as well.

I have been calorie counting, and now I have started biking to work and am doing the P90x workout (p90x is crazy).

I am planning on never being a size 40 again.

Last month I weight 256, and I am planning on weighing 200 by May of 2009.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

And just so you youngin's have something to think about.... when you add ten or twenty years on top of that weight... it gets much harder to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    And just so you youngin's have something to think about.... when you add ten or twenty years on top of that weight... it gets much harder to lose.

Way to be! With how hard core you are Shane, I always forget that you are older than me. I have recently reached the point in my life that I realize if I don't slim down now, I will only get bigger. I figure I am still young enough that I can get control of this.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Blog Entries
    so I'd thought Id join in...currently I weight 205 and I use to weight 170 two years ago. Stupid winters - they always kill me.

But today, I finally got myself a personal trainer and got a membership here in Kaysville to the Sportsplex and been running 2miles+ everyday at least 4x a day - and so far in one week I lost two pounds (fat weight - there is a "special" scale at they gym that measures how much fat on ya and so far I lost 2lbs - now I'm only 14% fat of my body. haha.

and also, tanya and her every weekend hikes has really inspired me to stay active and do something like that: so three weeks ago I climbed waterfall Canyon in Ogden; two weeks ago was Adams Canyon, last week was Bair Canyon, this week will be waterfall canyon again. So thanks tanya fo the inspiration!

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by jman

and also, tanya and her every weekend hikes has really inspired me to stay active and do something like that: so three weeks ago I climbed waterfall Canyon in Ogden; two weeks ago was Adams Canyon, last week was Bair Canyon, this week will be waterfall canyon again. So thanks tanya fo the inspiration!

Great job, everyone!

Yeah, the regular activity really helps. Two years ago, I made no changes whatsoever to my diet, but spent the spring/summer going on at least one hike every set of days off (I work 5-on, 3-off, so once every 8 days). They were mostly pretty serious hikes (8-12 hours, and 3500-5500 feet of vertical gained then lost.) By the end of the summer, I went from 225 down to 200 pounds.

Gained much of it back over the next year and a half... :(

Last 4 months - lost all that, plus another 12 pounds besides. Waist has gone from a 38 to a 34 - and an easy, comfortable 34 at that. My belt went from the last notch down to the first one - and now I've had to add 2 holes to it. I found some old jeans in the closet, 15 years old, fit perfectly. In fact, a little bit loose. At least as importantly, my blood pressure has dropped from about 138/90 to 115/75. I'd like to get the diastolic down into the 60s, but I can live with the current reading. Literally.

This time the weight loss is a mix of increased activity and counting calories (1800-2000 a day in loss mode, 2200-2400 in maintain mode.) I'm alternating between losing and maintaining - a couple weeks of losing, then a week of maintaining. Trying to make a sustainable lifestyle change. I kept a log of [b]everything[/i] I ate for about 3 months - with calories and sodium listed - to become more aware of my eating habits, and more conscious of my actual intake and how to control it.