Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BOYCOTT TOYOTA HYBRIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOYCOTT TOYOTA HYBRIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My nothing-but-positive experience with Toyota Hybrid technology came to an abrupt end a few weeks ago. I was driving our 2001 Prius along, and the master warning light came on. I took it to the dealer, and as it turns out, the "synergy drive" is failing (equivalent to the transmission in other non-hybrid cars).

Well fellas, the final repair bill for our wonderful Toyota Prius came to over $5000.00!!! None of this is covered by warranty, insurance, or otherwise. I called up Toyota corporate and they are unwilling to help out. It would have been better for us if we got into an accident and totalled it -- at least then we'd get the insurance $$$.

So there ya have it -- if you drive a hybrid, be prepared to drop up to $5000.00 dollars in repairs somewhere down the road. I am extremely disappointed. I thought Toyota would take better care of their customers...apparently not!

We'll be posting it up to KSL.com for a mere pittance. Boglites get first dibs...first come, first served!

Do yourself a favor by giving the environment the finger and drive a non-hybrid car (at least until the car companies can figure out how to repair their shit for cheaper than two months salary when it breaks).

HEY TOYOTA -------------------->>> :bird: <<<----------------------------
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

OH DAMN!!!! That's huge. Sorry to hear that trying to be environmentally friendly has cost so much. I do think Toyota should step up on this one since they were one of the leaders in first introducing hybrids to the public. If I were you, I'd stay on their ass. If they want US, the consumer to consider the alternative, then they'd better back the product. I'm not even looking that way now.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    My understanding is that if the battery unit fails, it too would cost upwards of $5000. Seems I read somewhere that the battery life-span is less than 5 years on those Prius.

tow it into the worst neighborhood in town and leave the windows cracked. report it stolen.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Hybrids and the environment, hmmmm. What do we do with all these batteries when they crap the bed? Did batteries become "Eco-Friendly"?

Here's the car, if you never get hit by another vehicle

SMART CAR (clicky)

What's the gas millage on those Smarty cars?

You know me Rock.... I'm all about gas mileage and the enviroment.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Thanks for the $5 bucks Shane!!

I bet a buddy of mine $5 that Shane would come on this thread and post up a picture of his red Dodge parked on the salt flats....

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I bet a buddy of mine $5 that Shane would
    So now what.... do you have to give back the $5? or do you owe him $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    What's the gas millage on those Smarty cars?
    It's a 8.7 gallon tank and it's 33/41hwy (Smart Fortwo)

SOME FACTS (clicky)

They make it in a hybrid and a diesel as well. Maybe soon the diesel will be made for the States, read this:

The Smart ForTwo cdi is the world's smallest CDI diesel. It develops a mere 40hp,thus making the Smart CDI have a fuel consumption of 70 miles per gallon. The same technology of the Smart cdi engine is used in the Mercedes-Benz E320diesel engine.

The Smart CDI CO2 emissions are some of the best available and Smart of Canada said the engine "is simply more efficient than gas-powered versions."

In 2007 the horsepower of their Common-rail Diesel Injection engine (cdi) was increased by ten percent, to 45 horsepower.

However,the Smart Common-rail Diesel Injection version will not be available for sale in the United States nor Canada.

With a Smart cdi that gets 70 plus miles per gallon verses the Smart gas model that gets 40 mpg, many folks are asking why?

You guys have a dealer in Lindon, UT. 530 South Lindon Park Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    You know me Rock.... I'm all about gas mileage and the enviroment.
    A Hemi and gas prices Try diesel prices

Hey Rock,

Sorry to hear about your Prius taking a shit. I got to ask, how many miles are on that car? Is the synergy dive failure a manufacture defect or a luck of the draw thing? I had a

[quote=James_B_Wads2000]Hey Rock,

Sorry to hear about your Prius taking a shit. I got to ask, how many miles are on that car? Is the synergy dive failure a manufacture defect or a luck of the draw thing? I had a

Sorry for your misfortune. I also recommend you stay after Toyota. My BIL had a transmission failure on his 4Runner, under 100k miles. He kept talking to higher and higher managers until they bought half the repair. The bill for the tranny was $5k also.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

RockGremlin- That sucks man. I am really sorry to hear that!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Sorry to here that.

Anyway, I don't know if it makes you feel better, but the truck I drive at work has 103,000 miles on it, which is even less than yours. We're up to $11,000 in repairs in just the past two years and it's well taken care of. It broke down on me in the middle of the freeway and it's been in the shop since last Thursday and will undoubtably be another few thousand.

I know its no consolation, but check out this link to just a few of the pretty recent bills:

http://www.summitpost.org/images/original/372002.bmp

http://www.summitpost.org/images/original/372001.bmp

http://www.summitpost.org/images/original/372003.bmp

You honestly need to contact the BBB (Better Business Bureau). Every time I have contacted them in any dispute with a company, the company has changed it ruling right away.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P
    but the truck I drive at work has 103,000 miles on it, which is even less than yours.
    That Dodge hasn't killed you yet Mine either and I have 51,000 on it and no problems to date

Prius = lemon (d'oh)...

...could there be a class action lawsuit in Toyota's future?

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...rius_used.html

I'm sorry about your sissy car breaking down. I'm still a fan of the YODA though. I have my 06 Tacoma and couldn't complain about it if I wanted to.