Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 years ago

2 years ago

So, my little bro just got home from his mission, and I was looking at pictures of when he left, and when he got back today.

whoa
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not often do you see someone look leaner two years later probably makes yourself feel good. Where did your brother go?

You know what's funny is when I first joined this site, I thought you and I were the two over weight ones on the site, and then in the last 5 months I came to the realization that I must have been wrong and you were never heavier. I now see that you really have just lot a lot of weight. Good work.

How much did you lose?
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

when did you dye your hair blonde?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

He looks pretty much the same. You, on the other hand, have matured like fine wine.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

I lost between 35-40 lbs. The weight loss actually began 1 year ago, then halted at my knee surgery, then I've started again.

My bro went to Micronesia, near Guam.

I look at that photo and can't believe I was walking around like that. jeez.

So I lost the weight by cutting (not eliminating) my carbs, pretty much the Atkins thing. People would come up and say "Oh, that's not healthy, you need to eat bread you need carbs you're gonna die"

So I ask them, "So where were you when I was stuffing Big Macs & Fries in my face? I guess that didn't concern you as much." The Atkins diet is just about the only thing that will make people get that stone cold serious look in their eyes and tell you that it's bad for you. King Sizing the double Whopper meal doesn't raise any concerns with these same people.

Whopper - OK
    Whopper w/out the buns - you krazy, you gonna die.

Good job Feels awesome, doesn't it

I'm waiting to do a side by side. This CHF has been happening over a year. I've been packing on weight to a body that didn't need any help with that I saw a picture of myself back in July and... Whoooa!! The stages of weight gain for CHF was noticeably there back then. I was like a water balloon, that's the best way to describe it. Little more added monthly.

I was in the hospital back around April 4th. I left the hospital (4 weeks later) and I was 60lbs lighter than when I arrived. I'm now at 80lbs lost. Obviously, water is no longer an issue, I have a pill that takes care of that, now it's all me.

Beech, it's a great thing to actually see your results, isn't it All that work you've been doing is paying off and I bet you're feeling better as well. Again, my hats off to ya

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    So I lost the weight by cutting (not eliminating) my carbs, pretty much the Atkins thing.
    My diet Pretty simple. Acquire a little touch of CHF (Congestive Heart Failure). Wait a bit, then get treatment. Your diet will become pretty lean.
    300mg of salt a day. (One slice of Italian bread: 125mg sodium, An egg:70), just to give you an idea. Water, decaffeinated unsweetened Iced Tea and soy milk is what I drink. And currently limited two liters of fluid a day. Just about everything that sits on a supermarket shelf is loaded with sodium except pasta and a few other things. So, me and chicken, veggies, oatmeal, fruits and the like are my friends. And it's working just fine Sugar has been pretty much out of my diet for years now. The most I take in, is with yogurt and the soy milk products.

Way to go, 'beech!

And way to go, JP. That sodium is an SOB. It's my personal vendetta right now. Way too much out there. I make my own bread, my own pizza sauce, my own salsa, etc. All very low/no sodium. 3 months of counting calories (just limiting intake, still the same general stuff) and lowering sodium, and I'm down 30 pounds (5-10 to reach my goal), and my blood pressure's down over 20 points top & bottom.

You know, a little willpower goes a long way. And continuing in this life is a great motivator.

You guys rock!

I am actually down 10 pounds from 3 weeks ago from calorie counting. I have been having 1300 calories Mon-Fri (with a few 1500 calorie days) and I eat normal all day on Saturdays and on Sunday nights. So far it is working.

I was weighing 260 last month, and I would like to weight 200 a year from now.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Beech, I think you should start a official weight loss thread

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    You guys rock!
    I am actually down 10 pounds from 3 weeks ago from calorie counting.
    Keep it going

Yeah! As of monday I am starving me self! Darn potatoes.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Congrats to all who are getting their weight under control. I need to lose a bunch, but so far haven't found the right motivation.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

The weight loss looks great on you!
    Never pistol whip someone with your gun...that could mar the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Congrats to all who are getting their weight under control. I need to lose a bunch, but so far haven't found the right motivation.
    My motivation was a "missionary position" without me running out of breath

...I am back on the saddle now

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    My motivation was a "missionary position" without me running out of breath

...I am back on the saddle now
    umm.......that's back "in" the saddle darlin'......... unless Russian guys do it differently.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Congrats on the weight loss.

I more wanted to comment on your bro. Pretty much the only thing that changed with him is the look in his eyes. Those are the patented crazy Mormon eyes in the 2nd pic. Quick run or he's going to help you move!

Seriously though, a lot of Mormon missionaries have that same look in their eyes. Maybe it's my heathen soul responding to his godliness, but I see that look and it make the hairs on my neck stand up. Do they have a missionary class on patenting that intimidating look or something?

Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket
    Seriously though, a lot of Mormon missionaries have that same look in their eyes.
    I think it's more like 16 hours of jet lag.

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    umm.......that's back "in" the saddle darlin'......... unless Russian guys do it differently.