Thread: Nutty Putty Update

Nutty Putty Update

I have an update from the timp grotto meeting last night. The grotto has submitted a management plan about a month ago, and they're waiting for the School & Trust people to approve it. Once that's done, they can start allowing people in the cave again.

The School & Trust has kind of a itchy trigger finger when it comes to closing off the cave permanently. So we want to be on our best behavior when out there so we don't give them a reason to do so.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

OK time for my short rant... is it just me or does Nutty Putty totally blow? Every time I've gone it's been hot, the air was stale, the walls felt greasy, it stunk, there were beer cans in the lower section... I've even heard of people taking dumps in the birth canal? I pretty much gave up on ever going back, I thought it was the crappiest cave I'd ever been in and don't get why it's so friggin popular? Is it just me or do others feel the same?

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125
    OK time for my short rant... is it just me or does Nutty Putty totally blow? Every time I've gone it's been hot, the air was stale, the walls felt greasy, it stunk, there were beer cans in the lower section... I've even heard of people taking dumps in the birth canal? I pretty much gave up on ever going back, I thought it was the crappiest cave I'd ever been in and don't get why it's so friggin popular? Is it just me or do others feel the same?
    To be honest, I've never done the cave. Probably because I've heard it described in just that way.

Apparently the organized caves didn't frequent it much either. 1% of the total visitors according to this chart.

It's the 2nd crappiest cave I've done in Utah - king crap was Blowhole (apt name...).

hank

I have had some good times there, but I know I am not as hard core as any of you guys.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

It's the 2nd crappiest cave I've done in Utah - king crap was Blowhole (apt name...).
    Hank, what are some of your Utah favorites?

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    Honestly, I haven't done that much in Utah. So far Boomerang is my favorite, but it's so small...want to do Main Drain and Neilsen's (sp?).

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon
    Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    Honestly, I haven't done that much in Utah. So far Boomerang is my favorite, but it's so small...want to do Main Drain and Neilsen's (sp?).
    When I'm more confident in my frogging, I'll join ya in those.

i think it is so popular because it is fairly close and what I would call a beginner cave.