Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could go back in time and change one thing...

Bogley BigShot

If you could go back in time and change one thing...

what would it be?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Is this for man kind or for myself?
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

I'd go back to 1965 and stop Marty from kissing his mom.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    Is this for man kind or for myself?
    For yourself.

Hmmm, joined the military.

I would not go back!!

I worked really hard to get right here!

I like it right here.

Bogley BigShot
    I would be single still.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    I would be single still.
    But then you would not have your kids, body builder husband and have every Sunday hiking with Bo!!!!

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia
    I would be single still.
    But then you would not have your kids, body builder husband and have every Sunday hiking with Bo!!!!

But I would be single!!!!!

I would be single still.

But then you would have to do EVERYTHING for yourself. I don't have to do anything......I like this way. Gives me lots of time on the computer.

Bogley BigShot
    I would be single still.

But then you would have to do EVERYTHING for yourself. I don't have to do anything......I like this way. Gives me lots of time on the computer.
    I can think of things I might like better, if I were single, than being on the computer.

I would be single still.

I can think of things I might like better, if I were single, than being on the computer.
    OK....ya got me there. Ya see, I have never been single. The first guy I dated, I married and the second guy I dated, I married.

Bogley BigShot
    I would be single still.

OK....ya got me there. Ya see, I have never been single. The first guy I dated, I married and the second guy I dated, I married.
    Oh I am sooooooooooooooo SORRY!

I would be single still.

Oh I am sooooooooooooooo SORRY!
    Life is good!!!

This is quite the quandry for me. I would go back and stop my best friend from dying. Problem is, I would have to go back and not been in the military which is something I wouldn't do.

17. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    I think that quote frenzy above is going to create a black hole, modifying the space time continuum on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I think that quote frenzy above is going to create a black hole, modifying the space time continuum on it's own.
    We can keep up without all the quotes being there

Blog Entries
    Felicia, here is my beef with that statement, "NOT change anything...would not go back!! I worked really hard to get right here!
    I like it right here."

Although I respect that you "like it" how your life is right here - MY experience in "living with regrets" is that people who have NO regrets, in my personal interactions and experience, are one of the most oblivious and naieve people yet most compassionate people I have ever met...

EX: I have a friend who is a very sweet young girl and means the best in all her relationships...yet, unforuntately, and many more people that I have seen with this mentality, are unfortunately, the ones that get abused and taken advantage of the most. As the some notion goes, "he only hits me once in a while when he's mad, but I know he can change - he says he will. And we have only been married for 12 years too!" ...tsk....tsk. Although, technically, a lot of women say it's "more complicated that that" - well yes THAT is true - but this mentality of "no regrets" is SHARED BY ALL OF THEM. Every one. So in my logic, of this "no regrets" life, is that the physical, mental, emotional abuse is worth it? (If you rebuttal this, I have a few rebuttals to that answer, if posted)

The reason is - is because they don't learn from their mistakes. (NOW understand this isnt meant personally directed to you - it's AT the notion of that statement "no regrets". However, "living with regrets" is different. It's almost saying like "it never REALLY happened at all." Ex: Yea..."septemeber 11 happened, but it won't EVER happen again...." see my point ? )

Living with regrets is totally different...and I have to say this because I KNOW I will get this type of response, "you shouldn't live with regrets because it'll only keep you wondering what'd happened if you did this or that." Hmm...good point. BUT as you see their is no lesson learned or gained. Let me explain...So I liked this girl back in junior-high and high-school but never had the guts to ask her out, although she gave me hints to ask her out - but I never acted on it. NOW she is married and happily married. Good for her. This girl, I have known for my entire life, and she grew up right next door to me (hehe..literally 'the (hot) girl next door'...wow...good memories). Now I wonder what would have happened if I had ask McCall out? I dunno........BUT that served me as a good example to go after what or who I want and to not be afraid to meet that person in spite of rejection.... SO THAT REGRET, made me a better person. But I did dwell on that lost for a long while and finally stopped out of my self-flagellation and started not be afraid anymore. Make sense?

It's funny that this topic was started because one of the girls that my cousin likes (he's 14) posted this on her myspace page and says this, which I thought was sad but very interesting of this girl's conscious....

"over the summer i had met a guy who was 3 years older than me(i am 13) and i liked him. me and a friend saw him and 2 of his friends at the lake and we decided to hang out with them. we walked around downtown for a few hours.
    after that, they asked us if we wanted any beer. we said yes not thinking that we were going to do anything. they bought 4 budweisers(the big 40 oz ones) and the 3 guys had 1 and me and my friend had split one(i had over half of it though).
    we went into the woods so no one would catch us drinking. by the time we had finished the bottle, we were all fully drunk.
    we all went back to the lake. me and the guy that i liked were sitting on a picnic table and i was wearing his clothes. then i put my arm around him because i couldnt sit up.
    a few minutes later we were making out.
    there were a lot of people at the lake that day and all of them saw it.
    it was time to go so me and my friend went to her house. later that night, my friend told me that the guys were outside so we snuck out.
    that was the first time that i had smoked pot. i wanted to try it and it backfired on me.
    that was also the day that i had started smoking.

results of that day: i had lost soo many people's respect.
    i became addicted to cigarettes.
    i was known as a pothead.
    i cried EVERY night until october(it happened in june)
    i started cutting because i liked him and i knew that he used me.
    my cutting got worse because i started to love him and he said that he regretted what he had done.
    i got a therapist.
    he went to juvy for breaking and entering/stealing a car.
    after that, my friend told me that he wanted to go out with me.
    and im STILL in love with him.

haha that was kinda long.
    yea i dont know why i love him but i would give my life just so he wouldnt have to stay in juvy.
    if you have ever heard the song i hate everything about you by three days grace then each and every word describes how i feel.
    that day pretty much changed my life. i have stopped cutting and smoking pot but i havent quit smoking cigarettes..im trying to quit.
    people dont have any respect for me. they call me emo and a burnout.
    just because of one day that i would take back in a heartbeat."

Anywho...that's a VERY long post, but those are my thoughts.

Bogley BigShot
    It's a female thing! Sometimes we just like to build pretty things.

Deal with it.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    It's a female thing! Sometimes we just like to build pretty things.

Deal with it.
    Quote frenzy?? Whats a qoute frenzy?