Thread: How I know that I am the favorite son

How I know that I am the favorite son

The other day my Mom called me and said "How is my son?", and I was kind of surprised because she calls and asks how her "favorite son" is doing. So I was wondering if I had some how lost favor with my parents. Yesterday at the Race for the Cure, I tried to discreetly figure out if my Mom calls all of her boys "favorite son" when we aren't all together and try and make some sense of her only calling me "son" on Thursday.

I went to my brother Nate and said: "Nate, when Mom calls you, how does address you when you answer?". Nate replied "Mom, doesn't call me". And I knew right then that I really was my Mom's favorite.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This is probably one of those things that you had to be there, but it really made me laugh. And when I told my Mom, she was just cracking up the whole time. I figure since this is Mother's Day, I can go ahead and brag that I have the coolest Mom in the world!

I wonder if there are any sons who don't think that?

My mom left the only motherland she knew and immigrated to an unknown country so her son wouldn't have to go to the Russian Army and Afghanistan. I owe life to my bestest mom.

Actually, I have a pretty cool mom too...she's a bit looney now in her 70's and all, but she's been a bit of a tomboy all her life. She's the athelete in the family and got me on the path of 'extreme sports' at an early age. HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY!!!

Kiss ass

Congrats on all your moms! ;-)
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

I know Im moms fave because i tell her so!
    any phone call, any email, and letter or note I leave on her door all signed "your favorite son"
    she started signing stuff to me as "Your favorite mom"
    I have 3 brothers, now I have to wonder if I was adopted and have a mom I didn't know about? Or maybe she was just referring to herself and my step-mother.

Around my family we call my brother "The Golden Child".... he is mom's favorite, no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8grvty
    I know Im moms fave because i tell her so!
    any phone call, any email, and letter or note I leave on her door all signed "your favorite son"
    she started signing stuff to me as "Your favorite mom"
    I have 3 brothers, now I have to wonder if I was adopted and have a mom I didn't know about? Or maybe she was just referring to herself and my step-mother.
    I thought this was funny.

This sounds like an episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" How does Marie, I mean your mother treat your wife?
    Life is Good

My older brother was always the favorite, she moved several times to be close to him. Now that she's nearing 90 and can't take care of herself and refuses to consider a nursing home, guess who she moved in with. I really don't mind that he's her favorite.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    My older brother was always the favorite, she moved several times to be close to him. Now that she's nearing 90 and can't take care of herself and refuses to consider a nursing home, guess who she moved in with. I really don't mind that he's her favorite.
    I had the same thoughts with regards to the "Golden Child".... one day he will pay for being nice to the old witch.....

Bogley BigShot
    Same here... that's exactly what I have been thinking about my siblings.

I think I'm the favorite becasue I'm first born plus my mother's other child is a girl, heh. J/K Obviously my parents love us equally. I can't say that about our grandmothers though. I think my sis and I are by far at the end of the line to their hearts. Probably because we live so far away, but also becasue we're not that touchy feely as other kids, heh.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"