Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Awkward Moments

Awkward Moments

Saturday night the Hot Young Stripper Wife and I took off down to the Leprechaun (local tavern) to shot some pool.

So I run into this guy I used to race cars with who had this totally psycho girlfriend. The psycho bitch rammed his Corvette with her 4x4 Chevy truck.... repeatedly..... after she saw him autographing some chicks boob after a race.... which, is not an uncommon practice at a race track.

So being the smooth character I am, I shout across the tavern "Dude, how's the Vette!! What is that Psycho Bitch from hell up to these days?"

His reply, "Why don't you ask her, she's standing right behind you."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

open mouth, insert foot
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I LOVE those moments.......

.....when it doesn't happen to me.

LOL
    "You can judge the character of a man by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him"

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    My worst one. I was with my high school cross country camp. The leader was giving out trail running safety tips to the freshmen and I, listening in on the conversation, jokingly say to

Man, that sounds like something I would do, due to my lack of tact. That is just too funny.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Classic example of ASS COMMENT, FOOT IN MOUTH and I think we've all done it? At least I have.

"When are you going to have that baby? Seems like you've been pregnant forever!"

OOPS!

Never ask a women when or IF she's pregnant unless you've confirmed it with her OB/GYN.

Does anyone else use the expression "fat, dumb and happy"? As in contented? We use it at work on occasion.

I was working with a trainee a few years ago. Very nice girl, quick on the uptake, but really quite overweight. I was explaining how using a certain procedure would be of benefit operationally, and concluded by saying if you do this, "you'll be fat, dumb, and happy." I then looked at her, and started to turn kind of red. I could have then just breezed on, and pretend I'd never said it. But no. First there was the awkward pause. Then I added "No offense." D'OH!

Re: Awkward Moments

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    "Why don't you ask her, she's standing right behind you."

Nice

Many years ago, a new girl came to work. She was overweight, round-faced and had a few noticeable whiskers on her chin. Not very attractive. After a few weeks, she came to me with a question that could have been answered with a simple "No". Without realizing what I was doing, I blurted out "Not by the hair of your chinny-chin-chin". She turned bright red, and I might have, too.

Next time I saw her, she had shaved the chin hair.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Many years ago, a new girl came to work. She was overweight, round-faced and had a few noticeable whiskers on her chin. Not very attractive. After a few weeks, she came to me with a question that could have been answered with a simple "No". Without realizing what I was doing, I blurted out "Not by the hair of your chinny-chin-chin". She turned bright red, and I might have, too.

Next time I saw her, she had shaved the chin hair.
    now thats funny stuff right there I teelyouwhut

This is not really funny back awkward. A few years ago I called to chat with a friend at my old job and he transfered me to talk with a girl I knew. I remember hearing that she was pregnant few months earlier so I asked, "How are you feeling? When are you due?" Turns out she miscarried. She was cool about it, understanding that I didn't know, and we moved on with the conversation. But it sucked big time.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow
    Turns out she miscarried. She was cool about it, understanding that I didn't know, and we moved on with the conversation. But it sucked big time.
    Yeah, that happened with my sister-in-law. You would have thought someone in the family would have warned me, especially my brother. jackass.

Bogley BigShot
    There was that one night when hubby woke me up and in my still sleepy state I blurted out someones name from Bogley.

This doesn't even begin to compete with some of yours but I'll try anyway.
    A few years ago, I noticed a guy whom has since become a good friend of mine, limping up the stairs at school. By then I had known him for a couple of weeks and hadn't yet noticed him limping, so I said; "Hey Tanner, what happened to your leg?" to which he replied; "I got ran over by a train last year and lost it.". I instantly felt horrible and said; "well, aren't I the a%@hole". He told me not to worry about and said that it happens all the time, but I still felt like a jerk.
    About a week or two later, I was present for pretty much the same conversation between him and another classmate of ours. When he heard the other guy ask him why he was limping, he just looked at me, smiled, and said; "See?"

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    There was that one night when hubby woke me up and in my still sleepy state I blurted out someones name from Bogley.

Creepin' everytime I got a minute to spare
    I was tappin' that ass everynight like I didn't care
    I call them all baby cuz I forget their names
    You would do the same so dont call me insane!

I got lingerie on that is ready to tear
    So I pushed him on the bed and started pullin' his hair
    Then my phone started ringing it was my other man
    We gotta finish up as fast as we can!

Bogley BigShot

Quote Originally Posted by tanya

Alison?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.