Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 Day SUGAR FREE Challenge

100 Day SUGAR FREE Challenge

I decided to cut all sugar out of my diet for 100 days straight. Fruit and honey are OK in moderation. I started yesterday. Today is day #2. I'm already jonesin' for some peanut M&M's.

I intend for this thread to be my 100-day journal. Please keep me on task by insulting me when (if) I cheat, and encouraging me along the way...

August 11th I'll celebrate by eating an entire pan of fudge brownies in one sitting.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

Re: 100 Day SUGAR FREE Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I decided to cut all sugar out of my diet for 100 days straight. Fruit and honey are OK in moderation. I started yesterday. Today is day #2. I'm already jonesin' for some peanut M&M's.

I intend for this thread to be my 100-day journal. Please keep me on task by insulting me when (if) I cheat, and encouraging me along the way...

August 11th I'll celebrate by eating an entire pan of fudge brownies in one sitting.
    I'll help you. I am around 35 days sugar-less now. When I was in the hospital, I got a wake-up call when they tested my sugar levels and they were on the high side. Both my grandmothers were diabetic, so it opened my eyes up big time. Quite frankly, I really do feel a lot better already and my sugar levels are back to normal.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Good luck dude. Well, luck has nothing to do with it. Self-discipline is key. I quit smoking almost 3 months ago and it wasn't hard except for the first few days. Although no sugar at all? What are you going to eat?
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Where does alcohol fit into the picture? Are you cutting out alcohol or are alcohol sugars OK?

I do this every year now. I laid off sugar last year for 30 days in the springtime to see if it would stop my allergies.

It did. Completely.

I am in the middle of it now, and loving life because hayfever ain't buggin' me!!!
    Never pistol whip someone with your gun...that could mar the finish.

Just curious....

Why are you trying to eliminate sugar? Diet? Health?

Does this also mean that you'll be omitting all products with "high fructose corn syrup" listed in their ingredients?
    "The ACA is a non-profit organization..."
    - Rich Carlson, the ACA's founder/president/director/self-appointed king

"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."
    - Mark Twain

Re: 100 Day SUGAR FREE Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin

I think temporary diets are a bad idea. They are why weight loss programs don't work. I believe in committing to lifelong dietary choices. After all, if eating a certain way is good for you today or the next 100 days, it's good for you for the rest of your life.

don't let me get you side-tracked...

ok sorry, I'm a jerk.
    I have tried to cut out delicious sugar, including high fructose junk. It's so hard. The worst for me is the late night urges for a sweet snack. I am getting better though. When I get a craving I started eating celery. I love the taste and the crunch helps. I also cut out soda, I lost about 10 lbs because of no more soda. We drink crystal light at dinner now instead of kool-aid. The kids don't mind it either.

Good luck!!!
    The man thong is wrong.

I will add that I don't have much of a sweet tooth anyway. It's easy for me to give up desserts. My Achilles Heel is salt.

I don't have any pressing need to do this. I'm not overweight. I'm actually pretty fit. I run regularly. A few weeks ago I ran the SLC 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours. I don't have diabetes. Processed sugars (including high fructose corn syrup) aren't very healthy, and I just decided to give it a try on a whim. I'm curious to see what effect it will have on my overall health/mood/appearance if any.

I don't drink alcohol, so no problem there either.

When going on any diet restrictions like this, it's much easier to have a support group. Otherwise if you and only you know about the diet, cheating is easy. You guys are my support group.

And yes....I know I'm Krazy, so feel free to remind me of that regularly.

You are the man! I did this for a week and it was hard enough for me.

What inspired you to do this for 100 days?

Either way, I look forward to your updates.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

i'm caffine/pop free for 170 days i use to drink 3-5 cans of mountain dew a day, but i could never do away with sugar. so i wish you the best of luck!
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    What inspired you to do this for 100 days?

Sounded like a good round number. Straight sugar in the form of candy/soda/cakes etc will be no problem. The difficult thing will be to avoid sugar in things like bbq sauce, salad dressings, breads, etc. Sugar is in EVERYTHING!!

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

Good luck man, I'm right there with you, 2 weeks.

When you check the ingredients, you'll see there's sugar in almost EVERYTHING. So you might have better luck limiting yourself to 20 grams of carbs per day.

Crystal Light single serve packets and a liter bottle of water have been good to me (except when I have diet mtn dew)

You'll find all kinds of sugar free stuff, it just may give you the sheetz.

All that sugar free crap contains aspartame and other artificial sweetners.................no bueno for our bodies. Well at least for my body. I'll take good old fashioned sugar anyday. Speaking of, Marble Slab is calling my name...............brb!!

You know, I keep hearing bad stuff about the aspartame & phenalanawhatever, and I'm starting to not believe it.

Some people say it turns to formaldehyde at room temperature? I'm not too sure about that either.

I think sugar in the same dosage does more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    You know, I keep hearing bad stuff about the aspartame & phenalanawhatever, and I'm starting to not believe it.

Some people say it turns to formaldehyde at room temperature? I'm not too sure about that either.

I think sugar in the same dosage does more damage.
    If it's man made, I don't eat it. That's just my personal rule. Wanna duke it out? huh? huh? HAHA!! By the way, this ice cream is rocking right now.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    By the way, this ice cream is rocking right now.
    Yeah, so are my abs.