Thread: A few GC vids

A few GC vids

Watched your WW video several times so I thought I would link you all to a few GC youtube videos from our trip last year:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=gH18DsM-YQY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=1Wi0tfXEGcw[/youtube]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Oh man I am so jealous! I heard all about that trip from Gary.

So he lead the rapids?

You looked like a pro on those rapids, you nailed Lava with no hassle at all!

We camped at Granite Rapid the night before and Steve Bradley and I had looked at it over and over and had pretty much scared ourselves to death. The next morning Steve and I just wanted to do it and not go scout it again, so Gary was the lead boat in just about all the rapids, except for Granite.

GC is so cool, the river trains you and builds you up as you descend. By the time we hit Lava I was ready for the river to fall of the face of the earth

Wow Shane, I am jealous.

Was it your first time? How did you manage to get on the trip? Ever since I tasted the river water in my mouth, I can't wait to get back on it now. It's worse than crack!

Watching your videos made me crave it even more! I am so desperate now, that I might just go run Provo river with the kids next weekend

Are you going to the River Gear Swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Wow Shane, I am jealous.

Was it your first time? How did you manage to get on the trip? Ever since I tasted the river water in my mouth, I can't wait to get back on it now. It's worse than crack!

Watching your videos made me crave it even more! I am so desperate now, that I might just go run Provo river with the kids next weekend

Are you going to the River Gear Swap?
    Yep, it was my first time down the Grand, the other boatmen had all been before. I cashed in all my good karma and scored a Aug\Sep 8 person permit in the GC lotto. The river is worse than crack! I had an invite again down the GC this year and it took all my willpower to pass it up.

Have you been running the Provo on that section below the damn to Frasier Park? We did the lower section from the firehouse on Columbia Ln to Sugar Beat Rd. and there is quite a bit of lumber in the river...and those dorks at KOA put the low head dam back

I may be going down the Price River this Saturday if I can work a shuttle out. If not then I should be at the gear swap, went to the one up at the Ogden kayak park and got some great deals and sold a kayak too. Are you going to be there Alex?

ya I am planning on it. I want to pick up a duckie and now that I am getting sucked into it more and more, I know my money are going to be going down the drain on a new boat, oars, etc.

Ya just the easy section of the Provo, have you been on it this year yet? I am thinking of taking my kids down it.

Do you think a 16 footer would fit under the main bridge? Between the pillars? Or would I have to take it around?

Been down most sections below the damn this year, took my boys down the section your talking about a few weeks ago. A 16 footer would probably make it through but stop and take a look for logs or debris before going in. If you do run its probably not a bad idea to have your precious cargo walk around. I have seen a few wrapped canoes and one wrapped boat there.

Quality on youtube kind of sucks, better quality of the vids can be found here:
    http://hikeraft.com/gallery2/video ...right click, save as and then wait

Those rapids are HUGE. Nice vids. Gives me the chills just watching them.