Thread: So, what do you ride?

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar

So, what do you ride?

Whats your 4wheelin' machine? Any upgrades?

For me, its a Kawi Brute Force 750i (but don't let the user name fool you, it's not based on the quad, but on the attitude!)

Sadly, my machine has been in service for over a month now and is at $2700 in repairs. I hope to get it back next week, just in time for Memorial weekend and some hard-core riding!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

My wife and I have a pair of 2008 Honda Rancher 4x4s (though I think my bro-in-law has driven the wife's machine more than she has). So far I'm just past the first oil change, a little over 100 miles and 20something hours.

I don't have any performance upgrades. I did put a basket on the back of mine for more cargo room and a place for the dog to ride up front, plus soft packs/seat backs for both.

2002 Rancher 4x4 here, a lot of hard miles, mountains, sand dunes, deserts, hauling out full sized elk, teenage boys using it like a sport quad, loaned out to family and freinds many times, never an obsticle it wouldn't easily tackle, used, abused and neglected maintenance with never so much as a hiccup, still the original battery Only thing it has ever had new is tires and oil. No one can convince me that Honda doesn't make the best machine for my money

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    2002 Rancher 4x4 here, a lot of hard miles, mountains, sand dunes, deserts, hauling out full sized elk, teenage boys using it like a sport quad, loaned out to family and freinds many times, never an obsticle it wouldn't easily tackle, used, abused and neglected maintenance with never so much as a hiccup, still the original battery Only thing it has ever had new is tires and oil. No one can convince me that Honda doesn't make the best machine for my money
    Agreed. My 10 year old has a 2001 Honda Rancher and it's somewhat neglected and heavily used. Unfortunately, he had both steering control arms pop-off 2 weekends ago (while he was riding). Easy to pop back in, but I'm going to need to fix those.

From what I could see, the only thing that holds those in is the rubber boot and mine appear to have rotted.

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce
    [ he had both steering control arms pop-off 2 weekends ago (while he was riding).
    oh man that sucks. Probably going to need two new ball joints. I'll have to check mine sometime. Thanks for the heads up

Bomby Outlander Max 400
    and
    Polaris RZR
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Kawasaki

I drive a Kawasaki Prairie 400. It has some hardcore miles, but still running strong. Its been rolled at the dunes and endo'ed about a month after I got it, but I like it better than anything else I've driven.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I much prefer to feel a little extra power between my legs, so I lean towards the sports bikes. I have an 04 raptor 660. It has +4 axle, +1 steering stem, tag t2 bars, full yoshimura exhaust, ac pro peg nerf bars, YFZ shocks and dropped a tooth on the drive sprocket.

Re: Kawasaki

Quote Originally Posted by chickenlicken
    I drive a Kawasaki Prairie 400. It has some hardcore miles, but still running strong. Its been rolled at the dunes and endo'ed about a month after I got it, but I like it better than anything else I've driven.
    I know what you mean. Our first ATV was (and we still own it) a 2000 Kawi Prarie 400 4x4. It has around 9k miles, been rolled at least 5 times and it still running. It's lost a bit of power of the years, but nothing some real maintenance wouldnt fix.

Just my good ole 250R three wheeler.

The RZR
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

2008 Arctic Cat 700 TRV. Kolpin flat fuel can and mount. Warn winch.

Name:  P1000175..jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  85.6 KB
    I retired my atvs and bought the 2010 Polaris Rzr. SO much more fun, glad I did :)
    3 inch lift kit
    6 ply kendra executioner tires
    Full ricochet underbody armor skid plate
    2010 Polaris Razor 800 EFI SILVER

http://www.facebook.com/Mookmonster

Sport quads for me well for now anyways lol...

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal View Post
    anyone know of any good websites that sells heavy dutie off roading trailers for extra room to carry camping/ hunting gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnarmy12B View Post
    anyone know of any good websites that sells heavy dutie off roading trailers for extra room to carry camping/ hunting gear.
    Northern Tool is excellent. Not sure how many of these are trail worthy or just for lawn maintenance.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...rs+4294924354?

Big Bubba's in Lehi makes some pretty heavy duty trailers. We're off topic now, though.