Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another dang generic thank you

Another dang generic thank you

I joined this site on Nov 7th 2006 under the name DiscGolfDivers with my wife because I was looking for a quick recommendation on a hike. In the last 18 months I have made over 2700 posts with an average of 5 a day (and that is with missing about half of a year).

I was looking at all the hard work that has been going in to the Newb Fest, and realized that I do not think enough of my posts have been "thank you"s, so I wanted to just drop a quick line and say thanks.

If I were to go in to names (which I contemplated) this was be too long of a message. I will say this though. A lot of my friends thing of me as being outdoorsy and I feel like such a newb compared to so many of you. A lot of you guys are my outdoors heroes.

I have had a lot of personal messages with people from this site outside of the public forums and have come to think of many of you as being friends, and I appreciate that.

When I was first starting to write this thank you, I remembered when Acca made the "What I like about you" thread (or whatever it was called. I tried to find it but couldn't). It was a thread where everybody just said nice things about other people. I had recently been offended and I don't know if Scott could tell but I was about to quit this site all together, and then I was the very first person he said something nice about on that thread, and he also coined the nickname "DiscGo" in that thread as well.

Anyway, this may be coming across a little more sappy than I intended but at different times for different reasons all of you guys have made a difference to me, so thanks. I have learned a lot about some cool places and cool people on this site!

P.S. I just wanted to reemphasise how much I appreciate the moderators and outdoors enthusiasts who contribute so much time and knowledge to this site.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'll second all of that. And I'll say that I like your new Avatar.

Dude, I post those messages too.... when I am drunk... you been drinking a bit there? A little of that dad's reserve?

Either way, I found this site and the people I've met here being a great resource. I think of this site as a one big family. Family with attitudes, disagreements, heartbreaks and fights. At the same time, the family offers support, help, guidance and just a good old BS. I am sad to see some folks leave due to some disagreements.

We are all different people, work different jobs, believe in different Gods, but we all have one damn thing in common. We are all hippies in heart when it comes to outdoors.

So here is one to a good friendship

Bogley BigShot
    Very nice DiscGo!

The Owner Scott and the 2 Global Moderators, 'Beech and Ice, do a ton of work behind the scenes and deserve a huge thank you.

Scott, the group owner puts a bunch of time into this site that we never see just tweaking things to make them work better and 'Beech is on this thing late into the night often working on invites and making improvements. Shane does lots of inviting and other things but he has the groups most important job - he keeps the women here happy.

If you are all really thankful -- here is the donation link. The money is used to keep the site online and running.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7876

Linking to the group is also a way to help!

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10250

Wow what is going on here. This is not what I was expecting to find.
    Just kidding, this site is great I have enjoyed it also. Everyone here does deserve a big thanks.

THANKS Y'ALL

discgo! i think i need a tissue.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    If you are all really thankful -- here is the donation link. The money is used to keep the site online and running.

Actually, a great way to show support is by grabbing one of these bottles. That way you get an item (for much cheaper than anywhere else) and we don't feel guilty for taking your money.

Just click this little gray button in my signature, check em out.

I had looked at buying one last week but I have so many nalgenes, and I did not like the blue lid :), I realize now how petty I was being and just bought one. What a great deal that is!

I don't want another Nalgene, and I don't want to buy 2.5 of them. I want my money to go directly to Acca's new mortgage... Uh, I mean, directly into the operational needs of Uutah.com - although Bogley.com will work as well

So... Does the admin@uutah.com PayPal account still work? Is that still an option?

Thanks!!!

Oh, and the new avatar's a good pic, DiscGo! You treacly lump of sap... Hey denaliguide, pass me one o' them tissues...

I love you guys....

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Quote Originally Posted by tanya

Actually, a great way to show support is by grabbing one of these bottles. That way you get an item (for much cheaper than anywhere else) and we don't feel guilty for taking your money.

Just click this little gray button in my signature, check em out.

OK thing is, I only want one of these that says BOGLEY.COM on it...........can you arrange that? LOL!!!! How 'bout I order one and you guys slap a sticker on it. Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    So... Does the admin@uutah.com PayPal account still work? Is that still an option?
    I think it's all the same as the donation deal, going to the same account.

I think it's all the same as the donation deal, going to the same account.
    Went through OK. You guys should have, like, an annual pledge drive or something. Put that support link back up on the Forum Index page for a while. ('Cept change the "UUtah.com Life Support Fund" to "Ed Begley", or "Bogey" or whatever...)

OK, back to the Bogley Love-in...

Went through OK.
    Nice. Thanks bro.

EDIT - Whoa! $11,000????? Thanks man! jk

Went through OK.
    Nice. Thanks bro.

EDIT - Whoa! $11,000????? Thanks man! jk
    Finger trouble?

Seriously, man, put the support link up...

What a bunch of wimps. Change the name to BooHoogley.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Re: Another dang generic thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I(and that is with missing about half of a year).

I had recently been offended

I have learned a lot about some cool places and cool people on this site!

who contribute so much time and knowledge to this site.
    Yea, we sure missed ya that half a year and contributed it to that State of Alaska

Offended I must have missed something while on my back. From some of the stuff I saw you absorb in the past, offending you I thought wasn't even in your outgoing, warm personality with tough skin

Lot's of cool people here, someplace when you're off for awhile, you really do miss I can speak with some experience on that one

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    What a bunch of wimps. Change the name to BooHoogley.

Thanks for keep keepin' on everyone. Yep, I guess the drama follows sometimes and I HATE it but thats life. We'll have to get some t-shirts/promo gear going and perhaps we can bring some to the n00bfest too. I think we may have broke even last time. Perhaps have to think about adding the donation button back. I do think there is a very good chance that we'll be moving servers again this summer. I think it will be #5.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I love you guys....

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww..............GROUP HUG!
    "All roads, all codes!"