Thread: Anybody moved recently or can relate?

Anybody moved recently or can relate?

We close on the sale of our home tomorrow. . .sign it away. It did sell in 6 days so you cant complain. Just got it cleaned out and finished off. Weird feeling seeing it empty after nearly 5 years of calling it home. Will close on our new home on the 15th. Will be weird starting over in an unfamiliar neighborhood and trying to get to know a few folks. My 2 year old had a strange look on his face seeing the empty house. I think it is hard on my boys. Lots of reflection for the acca family. . .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Deja vu.

I'm right there with you, but instead of only a new neighborhood - add new climate, geography, and collective 180 from a political point of view. Oh, don't forget religion.

We lived in our old house for just over 5 years. It's weird picking up and starting over, but it's all in the name of progress. Good things usually come with change - it may just take a while to realize it.

It's better to do it now while the kids are still young. At least that's what I hear. My kids are doing very well with the move, they mostly just miss their grandparents.

Empty houses do give weird feelings. The one we moved away from was our first home. They do have gobs of memories huh?

I feel your pain. We are moving into a condo next week, leaving the full-time motorhome lifestyle behind. We'll keep it and travel some, but it won't be the same. I'll never feel so free again. But, I have the pleasure of buying all new furniture and everything.

Good luck with your move.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

I know what it is like to leave a place you love, but hopefully you are on to greener pastures. Good luck with the remainder of your move.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Re: Anybody moved recently or can relate?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    It did sell in 6 days so you cant complain. . .
    Wow, I'm thinking ya sold it too cheap buddy. That's a fast sale for sure.

I'm also looking for a place, moving from Cedar City back to St George. I was thinking it would cheaper to live out there but the 45-50 min commute isn't making a lot of sense with gas prices spiking up. So chalk this one up to a learning experience and move back close to work. Oh well, seemed like a good idea at the time.

But yeah coming home and finding everything you own in boxes everywhere is kinda surreal. Last night I wanted to burn a DVD and forgot what box I put the stack in, lol.

Good news though is we are renting out our place in Cedar (hopefully), so it could turn into a little investment for us. Can't hurt?

So where ya moving too? Bigger house, changing jobs, upgrading, downgrading?

Before ya know it, the new one will be comfortably known as home

Ya, tell me about it. I left a very nice place in Monticello. I hated leaving that place. Seeing the house empty after a few years of great memories really sucked.

You never said where you were moving to. Back to south Salt Lake? Gettin back to your roots?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I moved from New York with just a couple of bags and two cats, heh. Rest of sentimental stuff is in my sistere's garage. I left my furniture up for grabs. It's just things anyway. The only thing I really miss about New York is my sister and little nieces. Parents, friends... not so much, heh. Cheer up AC/DC! Ride on!
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

I've had my fair share of moves. Some with everything I own and some with 2 seabags and a pack. Either way it sucks ass. Once you get unpacked and settled in it usualy gets better.

I've moved several times myself. I remember having just two sea bags as well. I don't know how I keep accumulating so much crap. Every time I move, I'm astonished by how mush worthless stuff I have.
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac[/youtube]

I did get high-book for my house. Cashing out the equity, good time to upgrade. Yeah moving to a bigger crib and nicer neighborhood, schools, closer to werk, etc, etc. I told you South Jordan in another thread gremlin boy. Gotza have a permanent place to raise my growing family. I just had my third child and things are a little chaotic.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I did get high-book for my house. Cashing out the equity, good time to upgrade. Yeah moving to a bigger crib and nicer neighborhood, schools, closer to werk, etc, etc. I told you South Jordan in another thread gremlin boy. Gotza have a permanent place to raise my growing family. I just had my third child and things are a little chaotic.

i knew South Jordan was the destination...just wondering where specifically. Pm me your new address.

Looks like the apple doesn't fall too far eh?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

i am moving right now