Thread: 2008 Presidential Calculator

2008 Presidential Calculator

http://www.vajoe.com/candidate_calculator.html

This calculator decides which candidate you most closely agree with.

My (surprising) results:

1. Huckabee 76%
    2. Obama 64%
    3. Romney 60%
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

1. Romney 86.96
    2. Huckabee 82.61
    3.McCain 52.17

bottom

Clinton 47.83
    Gravel 34.78

Hehe, no surprise for me. :)

Actually, WTF is Mike Gravel? And I would vote for Obama over McCain, so I guess I'm a little surprised after all. :) must have screwed up a couple on importance I guess.

Texas Representative Ron Paul (R)
    78.07% match

Your Other Top Matches
    Former Alaska Senator Mike Gravel (D) - 57.89%
    Arizona Senator John McCain (R) - 52.63%

Middle of the Pack
    Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee (R) - 45.61%
    Illinois Senator Barack Obama (D) - 45.61%

Bottom of the Barrel
    New York Senator Hillary Clinton (D) - 38.60%
    Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney (R) - 38.60%

Former Alaska Senator Mike Gravel (D) 84.21% match

Your Other Top Matches
    New York Senator Hillary Clinton (D) - 81.58%
    Illinois Senator Barack Obama (D) - 81.58%

Middle of the Pack
    Texas Representative Ron Paul (R) - 32.89%
    Arizona Senator John McCain (R) - 28.95%

Bottom of the Barrel
    Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee (R) - 21.05%
    Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney (R) - 21.05%

I offered answers that were a bit more opinionated than I really am but I'm not at all surprised that Huckabee and Romney ended up at the bottom of my barrel as I always considered John McCain the least odious of the likely Republican candidates. However, I won't vote for Hillary against McCain. Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton. WTF? Although it's a bit idealistic to achieve, there aren't supposed to be any Royal Families here in America. She's already had the equivalent of eight years in office. Politicians should be changed as often as a baby's diaper and for the same reasons.

BTW, where's my #1? Fiscal responsibility! Democrat or Republican, the one whose most likely to keep the budget close to balanced will always get some consideration from me. I'm already far enough in debt to China and the Middle East without the Bush Administration borrowing yet more funds to bail out Wall Street real estate speculators and greedy homeowners who borrowed more than they know they should have.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cachehiker
    BTW, where's my #1? Fiscal responsibility! Democrat or Republican, the one whose most likely to keep the budget close to balanced will always get some consideration from me. I'm already far enough in debt to China and the Middle East without the Bush Administration borrowing yet more funds to bail out Wall Street real estate speculators and greedy homeowners who borrowed more than they know they should have.
    QFE*10^100 The deficit interest is going to get out of control unless someone stops the spending.

I've been reading Dr. Alan Greenspan's book and he writes about the time he met President Elect Bill Clinton. Clinton told him about his goals, job training programs, more money for education, balancing the budget, tax cuts for the middle class, etc. (In the book Greenspan says every president & candidate promises everything and the moon, nothing new here.) He then asked Greenspan what he thought about the economic health for the country. Greenspan said that the economic data numbers looked good the country is recovering from the recent recession, unemployment is going down, short term interest rates are low, etc. But long term mortgage interest rates are too high. Why because the third highest portion of the government's budget went towards paying off interest from the debt. The country will never have people buying homes, companies building plants, local governments improving infrastructure with high interest rates. (This is called the crowding out affect, a big borrow like the government will borrow at any interest rates pushing interest rates higher, but others can

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Top match
    Mike Gravel 74.39

Other top matches
    Mike Huckabee 50
    Ron Paul 47.56

Middle of pack
    Hillary Clinton 46.34
    Barrack Obama 46.34

Bottom
    John McCain 31.71
    Mitt Romney 30.49

I could not disagree more. I did not like Gravel , other than his conspiracy theory jokes during the debates.

Mike Huckabee, don't like at all. I would take everyone over him. You think spending is bad now, if he became president . . .

Ron Paul was my most like Republican. I'd love to gut out the government and bring back what was noticeably missed: important and/or needed.

Clinton vs. Obama, scores the same, they are the same to me

I don't dislike McCain that bad, I like him. I disagree with him on one major issue. I liked the old Mitt Romney.

Not listed my ideal candidate, that was running this time, Joe Biden. I thought he had the best ideas for most of the issues. Or Wes Clark & Colin Powell for someone not running that I

Mike Gravel 100%
    Obama 61%
    Clinton 50%
    Ron Paul 44%
    Huckabee 22%
    Romney and McCain came in last for me.

Ron Paul 87%

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Mike Gravel 100%
    Wow. 100% That is crazy. I didn't think anybody agreed 100%.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    Ron Paul 87%

Mike Gravel 100%
    I AGREE!!! I was very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    Ron Paul 87%

Mike Gravel 100%
    I agree with that 100%.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

I guess off what they preach, I'm not surprised. My vote would have been tailored and based off their past, not their shift due to an election year. My likely candidate did not come out on top, but Republicans did...What a shocker

Huck
    Romney
    McCain

Bottom

Obama
    Gravel

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    I guess off what they preach, I'm not surprised. My vote would have been tailored and based off their past, not their shift due to an election year. My likely candidate did not come out on top, but Republicans did...What a shocker

Huck
    Romney
    McCain

Bottom

Obama
    Gravel
    My results were the same as yours, but I was no fan of Huckleberry. He is too religious for me, and too concerned about abortion. I would never support abortion, but have gotten past it as an issue. I voted for McCain in our primary because I feel we need a move toward moderation. Romney would have been my choice except I did not think the US would elect him.

Hillary's stance on various things is coming out more moderate (centrist) than she really is, just to distance herself from Obama.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    My likely candidate did not come out on top, but Republicans did...What a shocker
    I was a bit suprised by my percentages too. Gravel on top was a suprise but I never considered him a likely candidate. On the other hand, with this election season, I knew a Democrat would end up on top and I was not being bashful about answering certain questions assertively. I was hoping it would separate Obama from Hillary and Romney from Huckabee. It obviously didn't work.

My big issues are (and have been for a while):

#1- Fiscal Responsibility - a non-partisan issue. I don't know how Republicans are maintaining the better reputation for this with Reagan, Bush, and Bush racking up 70% of our federal deficit. Yes, Republicans have been cutting taxes but not spending, they've only shifted spending towards defense.

#2- The Environment - decades ago this was the Republican platform, now it belongs to the Democrats.

#3- No Corporate Welfare - more or less non-partisan. The medicare prescription drug plan, one of the most fiscally irresponsible acts in history is a good example. Medicare is headed towards default so we accelerate the process by adding payments to large corporations, whose sole reason for existence is to keep as much of their revenue as possible, to provide discounted prescriptions through corporate drug plans that didn't previously exist in such numbers. There are public institutions and there are private enterprises and the line between the two shouldn't be so easily blurred. Halliburton is another example. War is not a private enterprise.

#4- Egalitarianism - another Democratic platform. One shouldn't be less likely to be prosecuted or serve jail time simply because you could afford a decent attorney from out of town who isn't in cahoots with the local prosecutor. I've actually benefitted indirectly from this and I shouldn't have been able to. It shouldn't be all about the money.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

If you take the results of who is actually running, I don't like anyone.

McCain 66% Not so good.
    Clinton 25% Expected.
    Obama 24% Surprised he rated so well.

Maybe it's time to go guide safaris in Botswana for a few years.

Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee (R)-65.38%
    New York Senator Hillary Clinton (D) - 57.69%
    Illinois Senator Barack Obama (D) - 57.69%
    Former Alaska Senator Mike Gravel (D) - 53.85%
    Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney (R) - 50.00%
    Texas Representative Ron Paul (R) - 46.15%
    Arizona Senator John McCain (R) - 34.62%

I'm shocked. It goes to show how much attention I pay to political issues. I'm really surprised to see that McCain is the last person I would vote for.
    I don't care what it says, I will NEVER vote for Hillary

Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee (R) 71.43% match

Your Other Top Matches
    Illinois Senator Barack Obama (D) - 71.43%
    New York Senator Hillary Clinton (D) - 66.67%

Middle of the Pack
    Texas Representative Ron Paul (R) - 66.67%
    Former Alaska Senator Mike Gravel (D) - 61.90%

Bottom of the Barrel
    Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney (R) - 57.14%
    Arizona Senator John McCain (R) - 52.38%
    The man thong is wrong.

Hmmm

gravel, obama, clinton... guess that makes me a liberal.

i just think it is funny they still have canidates on there who arent even running.