Thread: Deer tags

Deer tags

Just got an email about my tag. I was unsuccessful, but my kid got his. I am really excited for him. This will be his first year hunting and I am somewhat happy that I did not draw this year. I get to play guide for him and not have to worry about my tag. He has gone with me on the muzzle loader hunt the last two years, but this year he gets to tote the gun and take the shot.

Who else has drawn out this year?
    shoot straight, cast far, and hike all day.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That's the way to go. Glad your kid drew out. I was with my brother and his friend last year and their kids. Everyone had a tag (except me) and they said they wanted to get one for their kids, but when it came down to trigger-time - it was all about filling their tag "I didn't want it to get away" - they said.

You and your kid will have much more fun. I hope he drew a good area. That's the deal breaker IMHO.

I didn't get an e-mail but my credit card got dinged for two deer tags, one for me and one for the kid. No elk again and the kid put in for a pronghorn again with no luck

My son bagged one his first year, I think we'll both remember that forever, great times.
    Then last year I taught him a lesson on what happens if you hesitate when your dad has an unfilled tag

No deer for me.
    Never pistol whip someone with your gun...that could mar the finish.

get that boy out to the range as often as you can. that will give him the best chance of making his shot. good luck to the both of you.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide
    get that boy out to the range as often as you can. that will give him the best chance of making his shot. good luck to the both of you.
    That I don't have to worry much about. He has been shooting since he was 8. He can hit what he aims at. Last year I let him decide on the buck. We came up on a group of 3 bucks and 2 does. I pointed out the biggest and asked him if I should take the shot or look for a bigger one. He said to take the shot, so I did. This year I get to "help" him decide.

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    You and your kid will have much more fun. I hope he drew a good area. That's the deal breaker IMHO.
    I have that on my side as well. I get to hunt land that I grew up on. I have walked hundreds of miles over the years, and I don't have to worry about other hunters because it is 3500 acres of private land. I have 3 bucks in 3 years. Here is what we got last year.

shoot straight, cast far, and hike all day.

my boss just pulled a once in a lifetime moose tag for the north slope of the Uintas, and his son just got a desert bighorn sheep tag for SE Utah! 3 tags given in that whole area, so he is STOKED!
    Tear down Dams, Build up Dreams!

One of my boss' just found out he drew out on Deseret for Bull Elk.

I'm stoked. Drew the buck/bull combo............my brother-in-law drew diamond mtn.

I also got buck/bull combo. I can't wait.

I'm doing the dedicated hunter so I've got a Southern Tag this year which I won't be wasting on a devil dog on the bowhunt again.

"You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

Quote Originally Posted by fouristhenewone
    my boss just pulled a once in a lifetime moose tag for the north slope of the Uintas, and his son just got a desert bighorn sheep tag for SE Utah! 3 tags given in that whole area, so he is STOKED!
    Does your boss have horses? We hunted ptarmigan last year on the north slope and saw a huge bull moose, plus a bunch of other really nice bulls. It was about 12 miles in. You'd either need horses or a bunch of friends to eat him on the spot.