Thread: The New Addition

The New Addition

So I picked up my new little toy this weekend. This baby is a Sig Sauer P229 Equinox. It's got a short trigger and it's been sent to the Sig Custom Shop and had an AEP (Action Enhancement Package) done to it. It gives it an ultra smooth trigger pull.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice.

I am in the market right now for a hand gun (first time timer). What made you chose this gun?
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Size. Small enough to conceal but not too small that I can't hold onto it.
    Caliber. Not the cannon of a .45 but more stoping power than a 9mm.
    Brand. Always liked the way a Sig works and the way it shoots.
    Most of it is just personal preferance. Whatever you like. Whatever works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOU812
    That is huge to me. I plan on getting my permit and starting to carry this year and I would like a smaller gun for that purpose.

Have you had much experience using this model?

I have thought about getting a glock but there form fitting handles don't fit my fat hands. I had been leaning towards a Springfield but this gun looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    That is huge to me. I plan on getting my permit and starting to carry this year and I would like a smaller gun for that purpose.

Have you had much experience using this model?

I have thought about getting a glock but there form fitting handles don't fit my fat hands. I had been leaning towards a Springfield but this gun looks nice.
    Sorry to interupt, but I have two springfields and love em. I also carry a Kahr and that is a great little gun. If you ever want to try one out let me know and I would be happy to take you to the range to shoot..

Nice looking gun. The Sigs are very nice, alittle too pricey for me for a semi. I also have a Springfield XD9SC, with some Cor-Bon DPX 115gr. for PD. Nice little gun, and can be shot all day without getting tried. I have a CCW, but also OC alot.

Re: The New Addition

So I picked up my new little toy this weekend. This baby is a Sig Sauer P229 Equinox.
    one of the best handling guns I ever tried. you did good!

Quote Originally Posted by shagster
    Sorry to interupt, but I have two springfields and love em. I also carry a Kahr and that is a great little gun. If you ever want to try one out let me know and I would be happy to take you to the range to shoot..
    Thanks Shagster. I just might take you up on that.

I had a real choke move last year. A gun store in Fairbanks was closing and the owner told me he would make me a great deal. I was going to buy the gun 2 days later, and already had wife approval. Then somebody cut me off in my car and I thought "If I had my gun..." and was shocked to have thought thought. I thought maybe I was too immature, now realize I would never have done anything. I have matured more, and now realize that was just a quick passing thought.

My wife is still okay with the gun, but now I have to budget the money again. So I have been keeping my eyes open for what I really want and a good deal.

Do you guys have your concealed weapons permits?

The Sppringfield XD is a great gun. It was my second choice. Can't go wrong there. I've taken my class for my CWP and have gone to BCI to have the background done. I'm just waiting for it to come back in the mail. Should be about three more weeks.

NICE!
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

Yes I have had my permit for a couple of year now. Fortunatley I have not had to even think about using it. I hope I never do, but in the case that I do I will be glad that I have it.

Beautiful sidearm. You can't go wrong with a Sig. I've had my P239 for a few years now and carry it often (more for bears these days than gang-bangers).

Good choice.

I went to Dougs today and shot about 75 rounds through it. Shoots like a dream. Keyholed the 10 ring a few times. Lets just say it keeps it in the black.

Great choice with the Sig