Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Subway 4/19

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    [quote=trackrunner] A Shorty wetsuit was fine by me, don

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Some good socks are important this time of year. The ones I wore this weekend were not so great! My feet froze, so did another guys who had on some super thick ones.
    What did you wear that did not work? In cold water conditions, those 5mm ones that ZAC sells work real well, but the sizing is kind of messed up.

Tom

Bogley BigShot
    They were some of Bo's and they keep his feet warm. I guess I am just cold footed, but I think they were only 1mm. I had lost my 2mm NRS socks but Bo emailed and said he found them. I stayed pretty warm with those in places like Das Boot.

http://nrsweb.resultspage.com/boating/Neoprene%20Socks

Bo ordered me some even warmer ones just in case I follow Ram through one of his icy adventures next week. I might stop by ZAC on Friday and get a pair of those 5mm socks!

Even though it scares me when men carry axes through canyons to chop through the snow.

The Bushwhackers feet were same as mine.... foot numb and stiff.. really cold, and he had on really thick socks. The canyon itself was not all that cold though? I don't know why our feet actually were that bad? Bo did not even have on neoprene socks and never complained.

Ya'll probably know this but just in case someone like me is playing along, I found that my feet are much warmer and the wet suit slides on easier if the neo socks are put on BEFORE the wet suit. The tight cuff around the ankle acts as a seal that allows less water flow in and out the neo socks. I remember in Late October or early November a couple of years back in Heaps I had a 7mm wet suit and I think 5mm socks and I swear I didn't feel a thing on my feet. I think they got wet. I think. My feet were toasty all day long. I can't say that for the rest of the body.
    Life is Good

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Ya'll probably know this but just in case someone like me is playing along, I found that my feet are much warmer and the wet suit slides on easier if the neo socks are put on BEFORE the wet suit. The tight cuff around the ankle acts as a seal that allows less water flow in and out the neo socks. I remember in Late October or early November a couple of years back in Heaps I had a 7mm wet suit and I think 5mm socks and I swear I didn't feel a thing on my feet. I think they got wet. I think. My feet were toasty all day long. I can't say that for the rest of the body.

Actually I did not know that! I did it the other way around! Thanks! I want to know anything to keep me warmer. While we are at it what is the best thing, that is light, compact and easy to carry, to wear under a drysuit? Bo wears a spandex like thing but he never gets cold.

I wear a NRS Extreme drysuit, I usually wear a thin tight under armor shirt and a light weight fleece sweater. the further you can keep the drysuit material away from your skin the warmer you will be. I also wear the NRS 5 mm socks, the are very warm.

Actually I did not know that! I did it the other way around! Thanks! I want to know anything to keep me warmer. While we are at it what is the best thing, that is light, compact and easy to carry, to wear under a drysuit? Bo wears a spandex like thing but he never gets cold.
    I have this 2-piece "powerstretch" 100 Wt. underwear by Lowe Alpine that I purchased 20 years ago. I'll see if I can dig it up for you to try in Misery next weekend with your new Kokatat Goretex Front entry drysuit that just arrived. The combo of this underwear and my drysuit has taken me through Heaps numerous times in sweet comfort! If it works for you, I would be able to get you the equivalent stuff by Mountain Hardwear. Very Compact, warm and more importantly WARM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck

I have this 2-piece "powerstretch" 100 Wt. underwear by Lowe Alpine that I purchased 20 years ago. I'll see if I can dig it up for you to try in Misery next weekend with your new Kokatat Goretex Front entry drysuit that just arrived. The combo of this underwear and my drysuit has taken me through Heaps numerous times in sweet comfort! If it works for you, I would be able to get you the equivalent stuff by Mountain Hardwear. Very Compact, warm and more importantly WARM!
    http://www.mountainhardwear.com/Prod...&viewAll=False
    http://www.mountainhardwear.com/Prod...&viewAll=False

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck

Perfect! Then I will hold off on my rush ordering something to wear under that!

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Bump

I got a few from my friend, I'll see if I can get more with me in it. I wish the pix could show the force of the water. In the keyhole falls pic had you steped into the stream course you'd have been swept away, we rapped through the arch.

Tried my best to put the pix in order.

Good to compare our pics to the normal condition pics from Felica's TR
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13156
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Holy cow! That's a lot of water!

Bogley BigShot
    Really! That is flowing!