Thread: What new albums or tunes have you bought lately?

What new albums or tunes have you bought lately?

I have been listening to Joe Satriani for 15-16 years and he continues to AMAZE me. This new album is no different, satch is a great songwriter. Rockgremlin and I started listening to him at the same time. Back when we were driving around in rock's 1980 T-top camero.

What have ya'll bought lately??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

When i was camped out near Smithsonian Butte earlier this month, a nearby group was playing island trance music which made for a mellow transition into unconsciousness, but just before that happened i heard this wistful tune by a familiar sounding fellow. Just couldn't recall the name before sleep overtook me. The next day I figured out it was John Prine. And a few minutes ago on Emusic I was able to download the tune "All the best." Good tune here or out there at midnight among the mesas.

And this past Thursday nite I heard this band Children of the Horn play an absolutely tiger slam version of Frankenstein. Wasn't able to pick up their cd, but if the track is half as good as that live blast was, cd baby will soon have a sale.

just picked up Chris Cornell - the one with 'You know my Name' on it...it's out in the jeep...cant remember the name. Also, Bob Marley 'Legend'(greatest hits) - a Frank Zappa - Son of Cheep Thrills....a few others, just cant remember right now

Last CD I actually bought and paid for??? you mean real money and not stolen from the net????

That would be "All the Right Reasons" by Nickelback

And "Vixen" by Vixen - but I don't know if the Vixen really counts, that was purchased to replace an old cassette tape.... I know it's hard to believe but I love hardrock chick bands..... them bad girls do something for me

But I do buy tons of comedy.... last comedy CD I bought was "The Fifth Annual End of the World Tour" by Christopher Titus

JOHN BUTLER TRIO

http://www.johnbutlertrio.com/

I can't get enough of his music. I haven't bought any music oh in like 15 years! I bought both of his newest albums (MP3) off amazon.com.

Simply amazing.

The Best of Django Reinhardt for my youngest daughter Rachael.
    I've confiscated it from her for the time being however, as I dig it too! :)

For myself I bought Sia ~ Lady Croissant
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

The Mars Volta- Bedlam in Goliath
    The Black Keys- Attack and Release
    James McMurtry- Childish Things
    Joe Purdy- Take my Blanket and Go
    Jack Johnson- Sleep through the static

Thats it for now. All of these CD's are great.
    A man's feet must be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey the world.

Blue October - Consent to treatment
    Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams & Brushfire Fairytales
    It's all mellow stuff these days, Since Korn decided to sell out, I haven't had any good hard music that I like. I'll take any suggestions that don't include death metal.
    With that said, just because these were recently purchased, don't assume that that is all I listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0321
    I like stuff that doesn't sound like everyone else but I can not get into those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Redpb
    Quote Originally Posted by csc0321
    I like stuff that doesn't sound like everyone else but I can not get into those guys.
    It takes a few listens and then it creeps up on you. Next thing you know your laying in bed trying to sleep and this incredible section pops into your head. Its not the type of music you listen to when your w/ your girl or your family. Its best to listen to it alone, and when you have time to listen to the whole CD. Their best CDs are De-loused in the Comatorium and Frances the Mute. These guys are out-there, but its like nothing you've ever heard.
    A man's feet must be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey the world.

I was lent one of their albums, if i had to guess it was De-Loused in the Comatorium, anyway, i listened to the whole cd and i guess i just didn't get it.

More of a mellow groove for me lately

Band of Annuals - Let Me Live
    Dar Williams - My Better Self
    Fionn Regan - The End of History
    Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog
    You won't think you're so clever, when you hear thunder underground...