Thread: Anybody want to take me Canyoneering?

Anybody want to take me Canyoneering?

My wife and son are going out of town on May 22nd and not returning until June 9th. My best friend and I have always wanted to Canyoneer the Subway, and we have always wanted to Canyoneer the Golden Cathedrall.

We are planning on doing something all three weekends my wife and son are away. I love my son to death, but he isn't exactly an extreme sports baby :D. My friend Warren and I were planning our trips last night, and we decided what we would most want to do is go canyoneering, and I think my only possibility is one of you guys.

I work 8-4 Mon-Fri so we ware hoping to go down Friday afternoons and come back Sunday night on these dates: May 23-25, May30-June1, June7-9.

I realize this would be a huge favor to ask. I will be happy to provide meals, or whatever for whomever would be willing to take us. Heads up, I have never been Canyoneering (I am less than a noob) but I have always wanted to go, and I am just taking a shot in the dark to see if any of you who are more experienced would be willing to take us.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

P.S. Sorry. I know this whole thread is shameless. I am just really hoping to have some adventure.

There will be a whole group of us noobs in Zion for the weekend of June 7th. We should all try to hook up at some point. Keep your eyes posted on the noobfest thread for details. Or maybe someone will step up and be happy to lead you guys on another weekend? In any case, I hope you get to make it happen. It's so much fun!

I may be able to go on May 23-25, give me a few days to make sure my schedule is going to be open.

I can't tell you how much I would love that!!!!

Dang Dan, I'm on my way outta here, would've loved to share a canyon with ya. I actually just talked to Joel about trying to do some canyons as well. Will have to wait for fall. Hope you make it into a canyon with someone.

Thanks Dan.

I hope you have an awesome summer. I heard you are doing the Dawson run, and I am excited for you. I was worried about you getting stuck doing Riverboat over and over all summer.

I prefer Southeast Alaska to the Interior, but surprisingly I find myself really missing the interior right now instead of Southeast.

Here are two pieces of advice for a great summer:

1. Bring your camera everywhere you go.

2. You will have some nights where you get off work and you are tired, you'll want to go for a hike or just throw rocks at the river but you will be too tired to go, the advice is: Go anyway!

Have a great summer Dan! Make sure you hit me up when you get back so we can catch up and I can hear your awesome stories.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo

2. You will have some nights where you get off work and you are tired, you'll want to go for a hike or just throw rocks at the river but you will be too tired to go, the advice is: Go anyway!
    this is very good advice

Bogley BigShot

Re: Anybody want to take me Canyoneering?

My wife and son are going out of town on May 22nd and not returning until June 9th. My best friend and I have always wanted to Canyoneer the Subway, and we have always wanted to Canyoneer the Golden Cathedrall.

We are planning on doing something all three weekends my wife and son are away. I love my son to death, but he isn't exactly an extreme sports baby :D. My friend Warren and I were planning our trips last night, and we decided what we would most want to do is go canyoneering, and I think my only possibility is one of you guys.

I work 8-4 Mon-Fri so we ware hoping to go down Friday afternoons and come back Sunday night on these dates: May 23-25, May30-June1, June7-9.

I realize this would be a huge favor to ask. I will be happy to provide meals, or whatever for whomever would be willing to take us. Heads up, I have never been Canyoneering (I am less than a noob) but I have always wanted to go, and I am just taking a shot in the dark to see if any of you who are more experienced would be willing to take us.
    Should we put you on the bogley canyoneering newbiefest list? I am sure some of us could keep you busy during those dates. I don't usually plan too far ahead in case things come up, but I will check out this tread when the time is close.

Tanya-

That sounds awesome! Thank you so much for keeping me in mind.

1. Bring your camera everywhere you go.
    Apparently you haven't visited the canyoneering forum lately. Not good man, it's like putting salt on an open wound. Dan misses her already...

Bogley BigShot
    Tanya-

That sounds awesome! Thank you so much for keeping me in mind.

Sure, but which part.

Here is the Bogley Noobfest but it is in Zion. Let us know if you want to be on the list.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopi...=11577&start=0
    Read top post

When it comes down to it, the Canyoneering section does make a lot more sense to have posted this thread. I just know that I struggle getting people to go to the Geocaching thread, but that probably has more to do with lack of interest or my lack of ability to interest.

I am going there now.

Bogley BigShot
    So many never use this handy option ... top right of their screen. I never even notice the categories I am in.

View posts since last visit <--- Cool Option!!!
    View your posts
    View unanswered posts

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    View posts since last visit <--- Cool Option!!!
    View your posts
    View unanswered posts

I'm forever learning.........thanks Tanya! Just used it and it's great! Hey, look what else I did above. HAHA!!!