Thread: fishing leeds creek????

fishing leeds creek????

i don't believe this... it doesn't seem possible

has anyone seen or fished this creek?

he said he fished it last month

http://www.redrockadventure.com/fish...am_fishing.htm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

And why doesn't that seem possible ? I'm leaning that Dave Webb submitted an honest report. He has before.

here"s some info on Leeds.

8. Leeds Creek: Are you up for the ultimate challenge in small stream, Native Bonniville Cutthroat Trout action?? The bonnies are here, but you'll have a heck of a time fishing for them. Access is restricted to a rough, narrow, dirt road from the town of Leeds, heading into the Pine Valley Mountains. The Creek runs down a rarrow ravine and is heavily coverd by brush. In 5 miles of stream there is probably only 4 pockets with access to fish. Very tough fishing, physically exhausting, and there are rattlesnakes. However, the cutts are beautiful fish, and to me, they are worth the effort. Also, I've found that the cutts haven't come down in any numbers in the lower part of the Creek, you have to go about 2 miles up the dirt road before you see any. So the easier to access, lower portions of the stream are a waste of time.

thanks for the info.

it didn't seem possible to me because i can't belive there's fish in it...we have droughts and floods so they must be some tough cutthroat.

but i haven't seen the creek so it's one of those i'll belive it when i see it type things.

one question. two miles from the highway or two miles from the start of the dirt road?

i guess i'll have to make a trip up there and check it out.... i don't think i'll fly fish. that seams to hard. i bet i'll have to get in the water and work my way upstream if i decide to do it.

Do it. It's a real stream, so even during a drought it will have water. Especially if you're upstream from any impoundments.

Tiny little cutts are a real treat for the eyes (and the camera) and fishing for them is definitely worthwhile.

Take some tiny spinners and even some worms, if you're not opposed. You'll have some fun.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

i'll try salmon eggs... i might nymph it but i don't know about getting my fly rod into that.

i still have a new virgin pole. it's a replacement for the one that got broke at panguitch from a trailer jack in the truck. i was pissed.

I have not fished that personally, but have thought about it. It is one of those streams that casting is almost nonexistent. There is a lot of over grown brush and trees and some of the stream is almost unaccessible. Have not been there for a few years but I don't think it has changed much. Good luck.
    shoot straight, cast far, and hike all day.

it's realy thick in there i went up there saturday just to look and do some geocaching. the only place you can really get in is at the bridge or a little more up stream where the water moves right next to the road. it's a big '?' for me.

TONS of cactus.

The fishing in Leeds creek is excellent, if you like classic small-stream, brush-country conditions. My son and I had a great couple days in September 2007 fishing the upper 3 miles of Leeds. It's full of Bonneville Cutthroat trout - they're hard to get to, but eager to take the bait.

Forget fly rods, use ultralight spinning gear with fly & bubble, worms, or crickets. Typical cast will be about 5 to 8 feet, shooting underneath overhanging brush.

Good luck!

Tim

Bogley BigShot
    That's an adorable photo Tim!

Welcome to the group!

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    That's an adorable photo Tim!

Welcome to the group!
    Thanks - great to be here. The boy had an absolute blast on that trip. He just completed a trans-Sierra hike last week with his uncle and me, catching & releasing more brookies than we could count. Great kid & a strong hiker.

I usually hike in the Sierra, but wanting to find some good trails in Southwest Utah. Looking forward to getting to know some folks on Bogley.