Thread: Greetings from the Garden State

Greetings from the Garden State

Hello all,
    I've been browsing around these forums for a couple weeks in preparation for my first trip to southern UT, which is next week. My wife and I got into hiking last year after a trip out to the Berner Oberland in Switzerland. While we were out there we stayed in this awesome little cabin in the alps. I took the shot below from the cabin.

We chose Utah for the big trip this year since the scenery seems vastly different. I'm so excited for the trip but at the same time overwhelmed by how much there is to see. I'm going to post something in the hiking forum asking for ideas-- please chip in if you can.

Bryan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Welcome to the site, I am sure you will find answers to your questions here.

Bogley BigShot
    Welcome

Welcome to the site, we transplanted from NJ a few years ago. Careful Utah is addictive.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Welcome to the site . I am also transplanted from back east. I grew up in NY state. About 12 years ago I came here on vacation and I'm still here. . I love it here so many wonderful thing to see and do.

Hi bryan, and welcome!

I've posted in your other thread, but just wanted to say hello here. (I figured Win would chime in, being a Garden Stater!)

Utah is indeed addictive. I first visited 3 years ago, and have been back for 6 more trips since that one. It's totally different from what I'm used to as well (the temperate rainforests of British Columbia).

Hope you enjoy your trip, and remember to tread lightly - impacts on the desert last a long time! I'm very jealous - I got back 9 days ago, and already can't wait 'til my next trip in October! (Then New Years, then April '09...)

Thanks Cirrus. Re: treading lightly, I was recently in Vermont and I saw bumper stickers that read "Don't Jersey Vermont". I'll try not to Jersey Utah.

Like a lot of Jerseyites these days, I'd be happy to leave for someplace cheaper and more beautiful if I could find a good job elsewhere!

Another East Coaster, Tri-Stater

That photo is amazing! Welcome to the forum.

Welcome. I lived in Jersey once. Visited Utah in 1979 (I know, before most people here were born) and haven't stopped coming back. It is addictive.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

No way most of us were not born yet in 1979. I thought I was one of the youngest guys here!
    Welcome Bryan. I'm a New York transplant and I am so glad we ousted you out of the playoffs Na na, na na na, hey hey hey, na na na - Lets Go Rangers
    Hey, some friendly fanaticism is in order.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"