Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Zion Noobfest June 6-9 - See 1st post for info summary

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    I would go to Smith's Mesa if that's where the men are going.
    That's where Mike and I are camping too. Need directions?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I would go to Smith's Mesa if that's where the men are going.
    That's where Mike and I are camping too. Need directions?

I know the area well. Just hang your leopard skins on the tent and I will let all the ladies know where you are.

This sounds like its the camping spot to be at!

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    I'm leaving this one up to you all! You guys lead, I will follow. So Tanya if you were us, sounds like you would do Mosquito Cove? I know you know the area like the back of your hand and totally trust your opinion. From the way you describe it, sounds like an awesome spot! I'm not one for curfews anyway....... I'll continue to watch everyones suggestions and just go with it.
    The downside to the other places outside of Zions campground (Watchman) is that there are no toilets. So keep that in mind.
    The man thong is wrong.

That's what the shovels are for, Jaxx.... honestly

Looks like I'll have to miss out on this one. I'll be watching for the next one. Have fun and be safe.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

I'll be camping

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by SLCmntjunkie
    I'll be camping
    Smiths Mesa or Zion Campgrounds?

Quote Originally Posted by SLCmntjunkie
    I'll be camping
    Smiths Mesa or Zion Campgrounds?
    I don't know, I'll camp wherever the majority is.

Just hang your leopard skins on the tent and I will let all the ladies know where you are. [/color]

Man, I leave the thread for a couple of days, and I get dropped from the list completely. Hint? ;) (Yeah, I know, I was just a maybe...)

Anyway, I guess I'll just sign up on the waitlist as soon as I know for sure or not. If I don't get in, maybe I'll just plan my own gig and come visit during the evenings (if we are back in time...)

Sounds like a good time!

I'd like to know the directions to the Smith Mesa camp area. I know a couple of spots, but don't know what they are called. Might already know about it, but not sure. Is it big enough to hold a group of this size?

Take care,
    A.J.

A.J. -- just come. We could use the experience, and I'll bet there will be more than a few drop off the list before then.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

If we have more experience sign up we can easily expand the group size. The main reason with capping things where we did was so that we could maintain a reasonable ratio of experience to novice. The canyons on the hit list are not really challenging technically..... we just need folks along on each trip so when someone gets there mommy or daddy parts caught in the rappel device we can get them down.

So if folks are interested in attending put your name on the wait list so we know what we have to work with. If someone feels confident in handling a small group we will find a place for you.

Awww... *sniff* You do love me...

That's cool. Thanks for the info. I'm still in the "maybe" category at this point, but am trying to see what I can line up. (Though it will be a couple of weeks as I'm completely slammed with house, work and other trip stuff right now.) If I'm able to go, I'm more than happy to help out....

Take care,
    A.J.

If there is space for me, I would love to come. I also have a friend who I believe would want to come with me if possible.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Allright so what are the canyon expectations of those coming down? Which canyons are you guys thinking? I'll be around all day Sunday and can show some people a good time in the canyons on sunday. Any requests? A Kehole/Pine combo? That's good for those that havn't been to Zion. Maybe an Echo/Pine combo? Or Spry or maybe a Telephone/Behunin combo?

Let me know what everybody is thinking for sunday.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    Allright so what are the canyon expectations of those coming down? Which canyons are you guys thinking? I'll be around all day Sunday and can show some people a good time in the canyons on sunday. Any requests? A Kehole/Pine combo? That's good for those that havn't been to Zion. Maybe an Echo/Pine combo? Or Spry or maybe a Telephone/Behunin combo?

I've never been and I'm going to play follow the leader. I'm wide open to any suggestions and any adventure....... I believe there is a list at the beginning of this thread on what canyons we are all thinking of doing??

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc

With that large of a group of noobs I think Birch, Fat Man's, Yankee would be better. Maybe one day we could split into smaller groups and get permits, but only if enough leadership to help the noobs along.

I know I found out about this late, and have added my name late so I get it if there is not space for me and my friend but I just want to post again how VERY interested in this I am. There could not be a better time for me to go, and I have already taken that Friday off of work just in case.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

so whats the plan for gear? I'm assuming that a lot of people won't have a harness, wetsuit and most of the gear needed. Seems like this should be addressed sooner than later, I can see people backing out if they need to go spend a bunch of money on gear.

I have extra gear I can loan out, enough to outfit maybe two people, except for wetsuits.

Equipment:
    Everyone is responsible for a harness, one locking biner, and a rappel devise. A shortie wetsuit is required as a minimum, Helmets are advised, bicycle helmets work for noobs. You will also want a dry bag to keep anything you want to stay dry in. For those without this equipment you can probably beg, barrow or rent. If you need equipment post and maybe someone else can help you out....

Anything I forgot? That list is a minimum.

Read this before you start asking equipment questions, it might help

Canyoneering Gear
    http://climb-utah.com/Misc/gear.htm