Thread: GunCam test part 2

GunCam test part 2

So I got a new camera, this time it's a still camera with movie mode.

The filming will be at 640 X 480 and 30fps which is pretty much camcorder specs.

This will be easier to manage than a camcorder, for size, and for few moving parts.

Here's the setup somewhat; under the rag I can easily pull the trigger and eject the shell. The line of site is wide open. I think some footage of the shooter will be cool too (it won't be me all of the time). This will also be used on various rifles.

Oh yeah, and it's WATERPROOF, so good for waterfowl...

Handgun?..... maybe.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Pew, pew, pew?
    Neat idea.
    When are you going to test it with recoil?

I see less Jackrabbits in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by parrothead_madness
    When are you going to test it with recoil?
    That's the nice thing about NOT using a camcorder. The recoil could shut off the power, or just stop recording the tape.

The still camera has no moving parts while recording, so it should work out fine.

BTW, if you haven't seen, this was a video I did with the camcorder. It was on a .22, so not much recoil. I don't think the shotgun would have turned out good:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=eHzvJfK6o-0[/youtube]

That's just a classic

I saw a rail mounted camera not too long ago. I didn't think much about it at the time but now I have ideas. I have a rail mount for a light I could put right under the muzzle of the shotty. Maybe there is a use for some of this tacticool junk I accumulated. Hmmmm...........

I didn't think much about it at the time but now I have ideas.
    Just be sure to have something static in the frame while filming, like part of the bar, or a light or something. A non moving object will prevent a lot of dizziness while watching. Sometimes even part of the visor from the helmet just barely in the frame will work.

This is the camera I have been looking at. I have a 20% coupon good through tomorrow too.
    I am sooooo tempted but I sooooo don't really need it.

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.asp...IDE-_-apr2008a

Hey no wonder you can't hit anything with that scatter gun you close your left. Keep both eyes open for greater accuracy!!

This is the camera I have been looking at. I have a 20% coupon good through tomorrow too.
    I am sooooo tempted but I sooooo don't really need it.

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.asp...IDE-_-apr2008a

Don't do it man. You will NOT like the quality. I was studying those for about 2 months.

Look up ATC2K on YouTube to see the quality. They say it's 30 fps, but it's really not. You get this "wavy" effect in the video, because the buffer is messed up. In that video on the site, about 10 seconds of it was filmed with the camera. You can definitely see the wave effect in it.

It's a great little concept, waterproof and all that, but the film quality is poor. Besides, you can find that for under 100 bucks in a few places.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Don't do it man. You will NOT like the quality.
    You weren't kidding. Those videos make suck a noun.
    I think maybe I am going to have to use a bullet type camera and wire it to a recorder on my belt. I really want something small enough to comfortably mount on a pistol rail. Do you think one of the many bullet style helmet cam setups will take the recoil if I machine a mount?

This is gonna cost more than I had planned but now I'm into the idea.

I think maybe I am going to have to use a bullet type camera and wire it to a recorder on my belt. I really want something small enough to comfortably mount on a pistol rail. Do you think one of the many bullet style helmet cam setups will take the recoil if I machine a mount?

This is gonna cost more than I had planned but now I'm into the idea.
    I'd definitely get an all in one camera. The ATC2K has the right package concept, it's just the film quality that isn't up to par.

I'm a huge fan of ZERO cables. I've been dealing with cables for years. No matter how rugged, sturdy, and long the cables are, you are always tied down.

If you want the same concept as the ATC2K but a much better film quality, get the VholdR. www.vholdr.com You'll find them full retail for $350.

I wanted one of those for 3 months, and would have purchased one if it was in stock. But then I decided to go with the still camera/movie mode angle. My camera is still waterproof, shoots 640 X 480 in 30 frames per second, and the movie keeps filming until the card capacity is filled. Those were my requirements.

Plus, with a camcorder & helmetcam combo, besides the cables.... Moving parts suck. They break down. Recording to an SD card is so much nicer.