Thread: New Zion Tradition??

We're all here, because we ain't all there.

New Zion Tradition??

Since we are at the beginning(for most) of the Zion season, how about we set a pre-determined evening meeting spot/watering hole on Sat.&Sun.
    All are welcome,stop,compare notes,tell lies,the usual. Say maybe 5:30 on these 2 days all year? Location can change as needed. Maybe we can get one to give us a happy hour?

I'm heading out right now so I'll leave it up to others as to wether this would be a good thing and where to meet.

Or you can say damm Kurt thats a stupid idea and relegate the post to the basement.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Hey Kurt! Great idea! We are doing South Guardian Angel Sunday --- you and the wife can come if interested. We are meeting at the turn off to the Kolob Road in Virgin at 6:30 am. My friend Kayla and Dnally are both going and of course Bo. If we are done at 5:30 we can look for you, but we might not be done yet....

If you go... there is some climbing so you would need a harness. Bo does the hard stuff for us.

Re: New Zion Tradition??

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    Since we are at the beginning(for most) of the Zion season, how about we set a pre-determined evening meeting spot/watering hole on Sat.&Sun.
    All are welcome,stop,compare notes,tell lies,the usual. Say maybe 5:30 on these 2 days all year? Location can change as needed. Maybe we can get one to give us a happy hour?

I'm heading out right now so I'll leave it up to others as to wether this would be a good thing and where to meet.

Or you can say damm Kurt thats a stupid idea and relegate the post to the basement.
    We should be done by 5:30 dependendent on whether we are travelling the return at 100PPH or 600PPH? Please join us at Virgin turnoff to KT Road at 6:30 AM tomorrow morn? Its a "100 Desert Peaks Classic". No guarantees that I can get us there, but I'll do my Damndist!

Went out to Wildcat canyon and Little Blue today. Still some snow drifts 2-4' but not bad. Saw over 100 head of Elk.
    Went and bought some new shoes at OO today, got the Merrell Chameleon Hex.
    If we don't hook up we were thinking of going up right fork, want to meet somewhere 5:30ish?

Went out to Wildcat canyon and Little Blue today. Still some snow drifts 2-4' but not bad. Saw over 100 head of Elk.
    If we don't hook up we were thinking of going up right fork, want to meet somewhere 5:30ish?
    Sounds like some fun for you today! Those Hex's seem like a good shoe? Hope they work well for you.
    Just don't have an idea what time we'll be walking out to the Wildcat Canyon Trailhead (Subway). I would say yes, but just don't know if we'll be done by then?

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck
    Sounds like some fun for you today! Those Hex's seem like a good shoe? Hope they work well for you.
    Just don't have an idea what time we'll be walking out to the Wildcat Canyon Trailhead (Subway). I would say yes, but just don't know if we'll be done by then?
    In this case too you and Dnally would have to drive back to Springdale from Zion. Kayla and I however can hit the bar on the way home.

I wonder if she drives.

Awesome Idea. I will be donw there 5/10-5/12. Stayin in Springdale this time. I will definately be hittin a bar after a long day of hiking. I am SOOO jonsing for a Southern UT fix....
    If the trail is too long, you're too old.

Quote Originally Posted by pestopolis
    Awesome Idea. I will be donw there 5/10-5/12. Stayin in Springdale this time. I will definately be hittin a bar after a long day of hiking. I am SOOO jonsing for a Southern UT fix....
    Not sure what we have going that weekend, but certainly will try to be at the watering hole at the prescribed time!

Bogley BigShot
    Sunday! Name the place Kurt!

We are doing Lady Mountain. Meeting at Canyon Junction at 8am. We should be done by 5pm if you want to set up a place and time meet. Is anyone else even going to be in Zion Sunday?

This is cool! Stole it from Lee

We're doing classes this weekend, Fri.-Sun.
    should be in a canyon Sun. but I doubt it will be in Zion,(bummer)

But we're going to make this happen--sooner than later.