Thread: 9/11 still haunting me

9/11 still haunting me

I lived and worked in NYC for a few years in the 80s.
    So when 911 happened I was eagerly scanning lists for people I knew, checking with old friends etc.

After a while the list was so long and such a blizzard of confirmed and not confirmed that I gave up, never recognizing a name.

Today I spoke with very old friend, apparently we had never managed to talk about 911 much. He informed me that our old boss, Elaine Myra Greenberg was a victim.

She was a wonderful person. I made my first trip to NYC to be interviewed by Elaine. I remember being stunned at the view from my hotel looking down on Times Square and telling her about it the next day. I must have sounded like a rube.

She offered me a job and I have never been able to return to Utah since.

RIP Elaine, the world is a poorer place.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

2. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That's very sad to hear, especially after all this time. A young man that had worked with me one Summer died. His uncle was my assistant and we sat and listened to the drama on a small transistor radio. He had no idea he had lost a nephew until that evening. His niece was a little late to work and survived.

Never Forget!!

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

5. Likes oldno7 liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum