Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    four-oh-four tanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Just a few miles from Zion National Park
    Posts
    8,409

    Why men don't like to cuddle..... or do they?

    It’s no secret that many couples have mixed signals on exactly what their partner wants in the bedroom. To help sort out these “misunderstandings,” Ian Kerner, author of several books including “She Comes First,” and iVillage sex expert Tracey Cox addressed the most common mistakes both women and men make.

    The sex mistakes women most often make:

    1. Women don’t understand why men don’t like to cuddle.
    Ian: After sex, men return to the pre-aroused state, women return to a semi-aroused state. For guys it’s a total system shutdown. We just want to crash, whereas women want to connect, cuddle, converse, even have more sex. Women shouldn’t assume that a guy is insensitive if he’s more inclined to snore than snuggle. He’s probably just shattered. Think of it as a compliment to the sex you just had.

    Tracey: I disagree with this. I think men do like to cuddle! They’re just worried their partner might see it as weak and them as vulnerable. I think a lot of the time a man suggests sex, what they’re really after is the physical closeness a cuddle would provide

    2. Women don’t understand the extent to which performance anxieties, self-esteem issues and body-image issues all affect male sex drive.
    Ian: Absolutely. Guys have many of the same issues as women when it comes to sex: feeling out of shape, unattractive, not wanting to be seen naked during sex. I worked with one guy who always had to rush to put on his boxers after sex and could never cuddle naked. His wife didn’t know what was going on. Turned out he felt very “smallish” after sex.

    Also, when guys are stressed out about work/financial issues, it often leads to a shutdown of desire. In both men and women, low self-esteem equals low desire.

    Tracey: Men aren’t robots. They’re humans and worry about the same stuff females do. Also there’s pressure on men to provide good sex to women. They expect a lot from men in bed these days, and often expect men to be mind readers, rather than tell them what they want. I’m not surprised men get anxious and their libido dips.


    More from TODAY
    Ask the experts about the biggest sex mistakes



    3. Women think that men are always ready and willing to have sex any time, any place.
    Ian: No way. As relationships progress over time, women can’t assume that guys are Pavlovian dogs that want to have sex every time you ring the bell. The mental turn-on becomes more crucial than the physical turn-on, and sexual desire begins in the brain, not the groin.

    Tracey: They do! And they get all upset if he doesn’t get an instant erection just by looking at her! It’s true that young men probably are ready, willing and able at any point, but once a guy moves into his 20s, the pressure mounts in other areas of his life, like career, and he’s as capable of getting distracted by life’s problems as she is!

    4. Women don’t understand how men can differentiate so easily between love and sex.
    Ian: One of the reasons is that during sex, women produce lots of oxytocin, a hormone that stimulates a strong emotional connection. As a result, women are more emotionally integrated when it comes to sex. That’s why casual sex and hookups often backfire for lots of women. Guys produce little to no oxytocin, and can easily have sex without any sense of emotional connection. It’s sex with no emotional strings attached.

    1. Men assume that women have lower desire than men.
    Tracey: Men think they have a stronger sex drive than women do, but in most cases they’re wrong. The reason why men remain the main sexual instigators isn’t just to do with desire. Other factors have a big influence. Women are more likely to do the housework on top of holding down a job, so we’re more tired. Hormones also influence our libido, which means our sex drive is less constant. We’re likely to feel like lots of sex at a particular time, rather than all of the time. We also tend to attach more emotions to sex, so if our partner’s being a right so-and-so out of bed, we aren’t going to want to jump in one with him! Finally, there’s evidence that while men are aroused by the thought of sex, women are more aroused by sensation. This basically means we might be a bit lackluster at the start, but heat up nicely once things get going.

    Ian: These are the same guys who think foreplay is a peck on the lips and a hand down the pants. If guys actually took the time to understand and nurture female desire, they’d be surprised at the strength of its force.

    2. Men assume that all women want romance, not raunch.
    Tracey: I always find it quite amusing when I ask men what they think women want in bed because they nearly always put a romantic spin on it. Well, we’re not the pure, innocent little creatures you think we are. Women can be just as naughty as men. In fact, a recent study proved that women are more aroused by explicit fantasies than romantic ones. Flick through a Nancy Friday book about female fantasies next time you’re browsing the bookstores. She got women worldwide to send her their personal favorites and, believe me, they aren’t about men on white horses and romantic walks along the beach!

    Ian: Women have as much of a naughty wild side as men. The cliché is that men are lights-on, women are lights-off in the bedroom, but sex is multidimensional and it’s all about having a dimmer switch that goes from romance to raunch.

    3. Men assume that women want guys to look and perform like porn stars.
    Tracey: I think men make the mistake thinking porn sex is real sex. It’s not! Men in porn are chosen because they aren’t the norm. They’re larger than life, if you get my drift. Quite frankly, faced with what they have in real life, most women’s eyes would water! We don’t want that, and we don’t want men to behave like they do in porn films. They work their way through the Kama Sutra in about five minutes. In real life, that’s just boring. It doesn’t impress us if he changes positions all the time. What does impress us is a guy who takes time to work out what we need to get turned on. It’s not about the positions — that’s often the least interesting part of sex for women!

    Ian: A guy can’t get through the day without seeing an ad for an erectile stimulant, getting spam about some sort of penis enlargement pill, or hearing sexual tall tales from the guys in the locker-room. We live in an age where a lot of guys feel like they have to make love like porn stars, and with all the cultural reinforcement, it’s hard to believe otherwise.

    4. Men assume that if they’re ready for sex, she’s ready for sex.
    Tracey: The male and female sexual systems are different: men get aroused much quicker; women take time. Just because he’s ready for sex doesn’t mean she is! This is the single, biggest mistake even experienced male lovers make. They underestimate how long women take to orgasm. The statistic most cited for oral sex (which is the fastest, most direct route) is 20 minutes. Most men can climax in about two minutes! And not just that, we need time to get warmed up for sex so we’re physically prepared for it. Foreplay isn’t a luxury, it’s a necessity!

    Ian: Guys cycle very quickly through the process of arousal. A guy experiences a sexual moment and presto! He’s ready for sex. There’s an instant connection between arousal and the desire for sex, and guys assume that women are experiencing the same thing. So to all the guys: Take your assumptions, add 15 minutes of foreplay.

    ivilliage.com
    By Bo Beck and Tanya Milligan:
    Favorite Hikes in and around Zion National Park

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/1892540827/ref=dp_image_z_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

    To get it signed, get it from the link above.
    If you like the book, please give us a kind review on Amazon
    and REI and anywhere else this book is sold.

    Zion National Park on the web.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #2
    Sometimes we like to cuddle, sometimes we dont. Sometimes you have a 'headache, sometimes you don't'. sometimes you just wanna knock off a piece(sorry, what was brutal ) but mostly it just depends don't it

  4. #3
    Z-Crew Deathcricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    St George / Santa Clara
    Posts
    4,768
    I don't like to cuddle. We're both all sweaty and it's just not enjoyable. Lets take a nice warm shower together and then watch a movie instead?

  5. #4
    Bottom Tier Superhero Iceaxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    City of Salt
    Posts
    18,962
    I love to cuddle.... because cuddling usually leads to good sex.

    I also enjoy it when a woman cuddles up to me in a bar , movie theater, restaurant.... because again.... it usually leads to good sex....

    Hummmmmm..... I'm noticing a pattern here.

    I believe this is part one of last weeks topic about "all women are sex craved..... you just have to know the combination to the lock."

    Gentlemen.... consider this a lesson in picking the lock.... women like to cuddle.... if you like them sex craved you had better learn to like cuddling.

    No charge for that bit of information.


  6. #5
    Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Southern transplant to Salt Lake now back in the Big Easy
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Sometimes we like to cuddle, sometimes we dont. Sometimes you have a 'headache, sometimes you don't'. sometimes you just wanna knock off a piece(sorry, what was brutal ) but mostly it just depends don't it
    Hmmm.....I don't know about what you said, but your emoticons turned me on!

    Never regret anything that made you smile!

  7. #6

    I'm really not that brutal. I like to cuddle but is cuddling really gonna happen every time? NO.
    ummm...Savannah
    BTW, I don't think Tarzan like cuddle all time...sometime Tarzan like hot monkey love Jane like too...at least Jane sound like she do

  8. #7
    Bottom Tier Superhero Iceaxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    City of Salt
    Posts
    18,962


    What was the question again?????


  9. #8
    Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Southern transplant to Salt Lake now back in the Big Easy
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker

    I'm really not that brutal. I like to cuddle but is cuddling really gonna happen every time? NO.
    ummm...Savannah
    BTW, I don't think Tarzan like cuddle all time...sometime Tarzan like hot monkey love Jane like too...at least Jane sound like she do
    You're right.....sometime Jane like hot monkey love too and who want cuddle up with hot sweaty monkey----er, um...man ?!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

  10. #9
    Lurking rockgremlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    City of Cedar
    Posts
    26,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    What was the question again?????

    Hey Tanya, I left an apple in the crisper...could you get that for me please?
    “The things we love destroy us every time, lad. Remember that.”

  11. #10
    .
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Byng, OK, USA
    Posts
    1,691
    I don't want to give too much away out of respect for my wife's privacy, but I will say that the intimacy of holding each other after sex is often some of the best closeness two human beings, including us, can experience.

  12. #11
    four-oh-four tanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Just a few miles from Zion National Park
    Posts
    8,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I love to cuddle.... because cuddling usually leads to good sex.

    I also enjoy it when a woman cuddles up to me in a bar , movie theater, restaurant.... because again.... it usually leads to good sex....

    Hummmmmm..... I'm noticing a pattern here.

    I believe this is part one of last weeks topic about "all women are sex craved..... you just have to know the combination to the lock."

    Gentlemen.... consider this a lesson in picking the lock.... women like to cuddle.... if you like them sex craved you had better learn to like cuddling.

    No charge for that bit of information.

    I like that! Men that are prudish in public are probably prudish in bed.
    By Bo Beck and Tanya Milligan:
    Favorite Hikes in and around Zion National Park

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/1892540827/ref=dp_image_z_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

    To get it signed, get it from the link above.
    If you like the book, please give us a kind review on Amazon
    and REI and anywhere else this book is sold.

    Zion National Park on the web.

  13. #12
    Bottom Tier Superhero Iceaxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    City of Salt
    Posts
    18,962
    Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    I like that! Men that are prudish in public are probably prudish in bed.
    Oh babe.... if a woman loses herself in you out in public.... you just know things are going to get kinky when the door closes.



    I'm willing to bet.... that as a genral rule.... most women (when they are not lying their ass off ) will say their best lovers also cuddled with them....


  14. #13
    Outdoor Guru denaliguide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    I'm not sure anymore
    Posts
    2,714
    they didn't ask if men wanted their women to preform like porn stars.
    I can see your point, but you are still full of shit!

  15. #14
    Bottom Tier Superhero Iceaxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    City of Salt
    Posts
    18,962
    How you getting porn star form cuddling....

  16. #15
    Outdoor Guru denaliguide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    I'm not sure anymore
    Posts
    2,714

    Re: Why men don't like to cuddle..... or do they?

    Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    3. Men assume that women want guys to look and perform like porn stars.
    I can see your point, but you are still full of shit!

  17. #16
    four-oh-four tanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Just a few miles from Zion National Park
    Posts
    8,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    I don't want to give too much away out of respect for my wife's privacy, but I will say that the intimacy of holding each other after sex is often some of the best closeness two human beings, including us, can experience.


    I totally agree, but cuddling anytime is awesome! It's something we women need, or at least I do. I can't speak for the others out there.
    By Bo Beck and Tanya Milligan:
    Favorite Hikes in and around Zion National Park

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/1892540827/ref=dp_image_z_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

    To get it signed, get it from the link above.
    If you like the book, please give us a kind review on Amazon
    and REI and anywhere else this book is sold.

    Zion National Park on the web.

  18. #17
    .
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Byng, OK, USA
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    I don't want to give too much away out of respect for my wife's privacy, but I will say that the intimacy of holding each other after sex is often some of the best closeness two human beings, including us, can experience.


    I totally agree, but cuddling anytime is awesome! It's something we women need, or at least I do. I can't speak for the others out there.
    There is something about being really close to Abby - the smell of her hair and the feel of her close to me is utterly, completely intoxicating.

  19. #18
    four-oh-four tanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Just a few miles from Zion National Park
    Posts
    8,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    I don't want to give too much away out of respect for my wife's privacy, but I will say that the intimacy of holding each other after sex is often some of the best closeness two human beings, including us, can experience.


    I totally agree, but cuddling anytime is awesome! It's something we women need, or at least I do. I can't speak for the others out there.
    There is something about being really close to Abby - the smell of her hair and the feel of her close to me is utterly, completely intoxicating.

    I wish my husband was like you
    By Bo Beck and Tanya Milligan:
    Favorite Hikes in and around Zion National Park

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/1892540827/ref=dp_image_z_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

    To get it signed, get it from the link above.
    If you like the book, please give us a kind review on Amazon
    and REI and anywhere else this book is sold.

    Zion National Park on the web.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

wife never cuddles after sexy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •